MrPakkinn

How to reverse a boat?

In real life you would point your sails into the wind and it would push you backwards.  But you cant do that in this game because of the stupid 30% into the wind buff.

Close your sails, come to a full stop with `S`. Then press and hold `S` again to SLOWLY move backwards. it might not look like its moving at first but it will.

I signed up to the forums just to answer your question.. aint i nice lol :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i am stucked in a narrow bay (V form like) if I turn my schooner to the right or to the left it gets blocked, cannot turn completely. The "S" strategy doesnt work, the boat doesnt move any milimetter....

4 hours ago, eddo said:

Close your sails, come to a full stop with `S`. Then press and hold `S` again to SLOWLY move backwards. it might not look like its moving at first but it will.

I signed up to the forums just to answer your question.. aint i nice lol 😛

yea.....this doesn't work at all.

44 minutes ago, Bluediemond said:

yea.....this doesn't work at all.

Unless it JUST broke it works fine.  We do it to park all of our ships in our harbor.  It goes INSANELY SLOW but it does work.

6 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Unless it JUST broke it works fine.  We do it to park all of our ships in our harbor.  It goes INSANELY SLOW but it does work.

I saw your post, jumped on a spare raft I have, ran it up next to a ship yard and couldn't reverse it. It does not work. Worked perfectly in Ark, but this isn't Ark.

YES this DOES work. wont work with a raft because there is no wheel. i just went into my docked brig, got on wheel and raised anchor then pressed s. ship started moving backwards  noticeably right away!

You can even inch forward without having to open sails if you hold w.

Edited by Traven Guthrie

9 hours ago, Pabloski said:

i am stucked in a narrow bay (V form like) if I turn my schooner to the right or to the left it gets blocked, cannot turn completely. The "S" strategy doesnt work, the boat doesnt move any milimetter....

is your ship bottoming out?  unless you see a good half meter of clearance between the keel and the sea floor, your ship will get stuck. try to turn and inch it out where the sea floor slopes down.

16 minutes ago, Traven Guthrie said:

YES this DOES work. wont work with a raft because there is no wheel. i just went into my docked brig, got on wheel and raised anchor then pressed s. ship started moving backwards  noticeably right away!

You can even inch forward without having to open sails if you hold w.

Didn't realize this was ship only, just jumped on my scooner and brig and you're right. Worked perfectly on both. Thanks for the tip and sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Traven Guthrie said:

is your ship bottoming out?  unless you see a good half meter of clearance between the keel and the sea floor, your ship will get stuck. try to turn and inch it out where the sea floor slopes down.

Ye the bottom is lokking tthe sea. The vay is pretty deep, but is so narrow... i think the boat is not stucked in any edge, so i dont understannd why i cannot reverse it.

13 hours ago, eddo said:

I signed up to the forums just to answer your question.. aint i nice lol 😛

Arrr, welcome aboard matey.

*hands eddo an ale*