Sign in to follow this  
niteowl841

Please change the wind back to the way it was

I fully support giving option to revert it for unofficial servers, preferably just expose a lot of variables for us to fiddle with so every server can adjust it to their liking.

That makes me wonder @niteowl841, do you have idea how sailing could be done even better than it was before patch?

With upcoming mod support, we should be able to make it as fun and rewarding as we want 🙂

Yes please put the wind back the way it was.  This 30% into the wind is stupid.  Force people to learn  how to sail or tell them to stay on land.

• Like 1

The 30% move speed with no wind at your sails just ruins sailing and removes any realism the game had. Yes, it was a total pain when you want to go in the wrong direction of the wind and you had to sail in a zig-zag pattern to get to where you wanted to go. But that's part of sailing. If people don't like it then this is the wrong game for them. I could see changing it to like 5% so you are never dead in the water but also hardly moving but 30% is WAY to fast. You have already nerfed the threat of pretty much everything else in the water. You are dumbing down the game way too
much. If you want to make sailing easier just make the wind change direction more often as this is a much more realistic fix. But sailing against the wind with your sails concave in the wrong direction and still moving fast just kills any immersion the game had. 

• Like 2

@RakshaTheCat if i were to lend a suggestion here is what i would do if i were developing it... 

1) revert it back to the way it was

2) either add a small tutorial on how to tack against the wind to acheive the direction they wanna go in or if i were to change it altogether....

- maybe give everyone no matter what ship a small increase in speed say like 5% max so tehyre at least moving and wait until the wind picks up agains...thats how it was done in the real life.

- Change wind to add a random generation of wind direction at random intervals so that it changes semi frequently and noone is stuck with no wind for hours. Maybe wind change randomly between 15-40 min intervals?? or something along those lines

- For rafts only i would add the option to have a paddle and be able to paddle along against the wind

- For ships with rudders have all hands break out an oar on the ship and row against the wind as well for a maximum of mabey 8%movement speed

all of that above could be avoided tho by tacking with the wind as it comes up instead of always trying to head into the wind.

like sailing is something that is so rewarding when you do it right and gives u   such an amazing sense of accomplishment but what we have here now is just to rediculous to talk about and has taken so much immersion away from the game. Sailing is a huge part of this game as it should be and should be something done really really well and they had that until they changed it for the minority.

NO WIND NO SPEED .................. CHANGE IT BACK FOR THE LOVE OF BLACK BEARD .