Sign in to follow this  
Chno

Reset Skills Point at Level 51

Hi Guys,

I'm interested to restart my skill tree, but i'm lvl 51 and don't have the option to reset. 

Somebody know how is possible to do?

Thnx^^

Please note these updates may not necessarily be in the next patch but will make into an upcoming one.

Upcoming v10 (ETA: Monday Noon EST :P)

- 50 more player levels added, and Skill Points per level increased.

The maximum level is 100 (soon to be 150), you just have to find the discoveries to unlock the levels past 51, from there you can respec along the way to 100.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes you guys posted what is a band-aid for now, but what then when they reach max 100 (or even 150)? Is there any ACTUAL known method to get a respec? Recipe of some sorts?

There is no current known method to respect outside of leveling up. Hopefully within one of the coming updates, adding in some sort of item to do so (similar to the memory wipe in ARK) will be a priority. The game already limits our options immensely when it comes to individual skills, an unfortunate side effect being that solo play for any extended period of time is impossible. If they want new people to continue joining and playing Atlas, they need to start considering catering towards the solo players.

I definitely do not like the idea of reaching max level and being unable to swap out my skills when needed to suit the situation. If none of my crew can make firearms for example, would be nice to swap out my ship building skillset temporarily and build up a stockpile before swapping back or to something else that may be of use.

12 hours ago, Khilandros said:

The maximum level is 100 (soon to be 150), you just have to find the discoveries to unlock the levels past 51, from there you can respec along the way to 100.

How many discoveries you need to unlock the levels?

Thnx All.! X00

Edited by Chno

10 hours ago, SwiftFate said:

There is no current known method to respect outside of leveling up. Hopefully within one of the coming updates, adding in some sort of item to do so (similar to the memory wipe in ARK) will be a priority. The game already limits our options immensely when it comes to individual skills, an unfortunate side effect being that solo play for any extended period of time is impossible. If they want new people to continue joining and playing Atlas, they need to start considering catering towards the solo players.

I definitely do not like the idea of reaching max level and being unable to swap out my skills when needed to suit the situation. If none of my crew can make firearms for example, would be nice to swap out my ship building skillset temporarily and build up a stockpile before swapping back or to something else that may be of use.

With the max level literally doubling  you will probably be able to learn almost every skill in the game by the time you hit it.

Seems like they are catering to the solo player SPECIFICALLY.  I liked it better when my trade was unique in my guild and we had to work together to accomplish things people couldn't do solo.  Teamwork and playing together is fun.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:36 AM, mndfreeze said:

With the max level literally doubling  you will probably be able to learn almost every skill in the game by the time you hit it.

Seems like they are catering to the solo player SPECIFICALLY.  I liked it better when my trade was unique in my guild and we had to work together to accomplish things people couldn't do solo.  Teamwork and playing together is fun.

Except, you know..For those people who CAN'T play in a group due to real life etc. Not everyone has the time to play regularly with a group of friends let alone a group of any significant scale. Being unique is fine, but not if it is at the expense of fun for people who simply cannot do what you do and find a massive group to join. I could go on and on about various reasons for people to play solo or play with groups, but no matter what a game will never be able to cater to both sides, so there needs to be a compromise. That was the mind wipe in ARK. Not able to build that awesome base you want? Wipe, spec into everything you need, build it, wipe again and go back to your fighter build that lets you go kill shit. Easy. Adding in a feature to wipe when needed does not kill you "uniqueness" it just expands on it and opens up slots for someone else to jump into your role when you are not around or vice-versa. You will stll be able to focus on the role you wish to play no matter what, if that is how you want to play, but other people like being able to swap it up regularly and not be tied down to certain roles.

As for being able to learn every skill in the game? I doubt it. Not if they keep adding stuff which I am sure they will eventually. Plus, it gets harder and harder to level up. Most people will not even reach level 50 within a month if they don't follow a specific level-up guide and just play casually due to lack of time.

43 minutes ago, SwiftFate said:

Except, you know..For those people who CAN'T play in a group due to real life etc. Not everyone has the time to play regularly with a group of friends let alone a group of any significant scale. Being unique is fine, but not if it is at the expense of fun for people who simply cannot do what you do and find a massive group to join. I could go on and on about various reasons for people to play solo or play with groups, but no matter what a game will never be able to cater to both sides, so there needs to be a compromise. That was the mind wipe in ARK. Not able to build that awesome base you want? Wipe, spec into everything you need, build it, wipe again and go back to your fighter build that lets you go kill shit. Easy. Adding in a feature to wipe when needed does not kill you "uniqueness" it just expands on it and opens up slots for someone else to jump into your role when you are not around or vice-versa. You will stll be able to focus on the role you wish to play no matter what, if that is how you want to play, but other people like being able to swap it up regularly and not be tied down to certain roles.

As for being able to learn every skill in the game? I doubt it. Not if they keep adding stuff which I am sure they will eventually. Plus, it gets harder and harder to level up. Most people will not even reach level 50 within a month if they don't follow a specific level-up guide and just play casually due to lack of time.

This is designed to be a guild based MMO.  Devs even stated if you tried to do it solo you're gunna have a bad time and you would get locked out of some content.  If someone chooses to do it solo that's totally fine with me, but realistic expectations need to be set when you choose to play a game a different way then the devs designed it for.  I'm not a fan of having my gameplay experience changed when it was fine the way it was, because of people who demand the game be changed for them when they chose to play it the hard way.

Yeah, we do need that happy medium to be found and whenever they do get around to adding more skills, sure.  Currently though it's pretty easy to level if you want (without guides and playing casually) as it only takes finding alphas and a rock to sit on with a bow.  I'm sure they will eventually add more skills in but my point was based on the game as it is, not as it might be.  As it stands now they just doubled the points available and with the limited number of useful skill trees in the game there will be a LOT of 'can do almost everything' players, which makes specialization in a guild sort of pointless.  I don't think the game should be catering to only large guils, nor to solo or two man teams.  

Respecing once per level might just be the devs giving us an option so we are encouraged to try and test things and may change as the game pulls along.  I'd much prefer respecing to be something you have to work towards somehow, whether its mind wipe style or a quest or breeding.  Perhaps once we get further into the EA process and the devs no longer need huge amounts of feedback on the basic skill tree we will see something with a little more permanence.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:55 PM, SwiftFate said:

They, skills trees lost meaning. Everyone can do anything. No need of coop and interaction with humanos beings.

You are asking more a more for PEGI +3 game....

Grapeshot, we need oficial Survivalcraft coop MMO srv right know. Don't make us leave the game making it a singleplayer game in Very easy mode. PLZ