TruWrecks

Reduce Damned Ship Spawns

While I know this is to present a challenge on the high seas, but it is also preventing game play as this is a Pirate Adventure game.

The Ship of the Damned in modern Power Yachts don't even fit into the feel of the game, and they are regularly found spawning at a rate where 7 to 12 at a time while trying to sail between islands. They don't fit into the Survival aspect, not the Pirate era feel.

I think the game would be much more "Pirate like" if these ships were a much more rare sighting that you needed to be vigilantly looking out for. Not a field of landmines with legs that roam around and hunt and kill in packs.

If you want to give us "The Adventure of a Lifetime", make it feel like an adventure not 7 Days to Sink.

Edited by TruWrecks
  • Like 4

Today I found 12 ships leaving my Free Port this morning and 5 are red.. 1 red ship is sitting right outside of the South Free Port on my server making it a prison island. They are clumping together like a roaches.

Please reduce them by an additional 80% or 90% for the sake of adventure! That will even open up PvP opportunities on the open seas for players that would like to test ship on ship combat, like this game implies in the videos. Right now that is impossible because the Damned ships keeps interfering when we are fighting each other. As long as the Damned Ships are spawning is high numbers this game will be severely limited in potential. And I think this game has massive potential.

Grapshot! I HAVE LOST MORE SHIPS TO THESE TROLLING DAMNED SHIPS THAN PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let players enjoy the seas a bit! This has ruined the game!

Pretty sad when a Ship of the Damned can follow behind you in a zig-zag pattern and sink you when you are in a Brigantine with three speed sails in high wind going with the wind with full sail.   Not very realistic for them to be in motor yachts, wrong time period.  Yes they look cool, but they way skew and remove all the enjoyment out of the game.  If they have them, I want one too, so at least on a level playing field so that I can shoot in 3 directions at them like they can to us.  At least give us something to make it a fighting chance, and with 7 to 8 at a time is not worth it either.

• Like 1

Agreed, I’m too scared to take any ships out because there is no way to predict their movement and there are just too many of them. It really limits opportunities to test anything like the diving attachment etc. not being able to avoid them when the player ship is reliant on the wind but ships of the damned are not affected by the wind and also their derpy pathing that has them randomly stopping, turning and moving a short distance to repeat is game killing.

There needs to be a lot less of them, make them stronger and unable to sit on sector borders and finally have some form of pathing which sees them travel in a straight line for a lot longer before altering. Maybe up the loot to actual items( master craft pistols etc) not just blueprints and boost their health and damage. 1-3 per server should be plenty or Change it so they only spawn in lawless/ powerstone servers.

these are just ideas, 

i understand the devs put up with a lot of complaints. Thankyou for reading. 

Much love and keep up the great work you are doing on this fantastic game.

Edited by Polar Express

On 1/5/2019 at 3:02 PM, TruWrecks said:

While I know this is to present a challenge on the high seas, but it is also preventing game play as this is a Pirate Adventure game.

The Ship of the Damned in modern Power Yachts don't even fit into the feel of the game, and they are regularly found spawning at a rate where 7 to 12 at a time while trying to sail between islands. They don't fit into the Survival aspect, not the Pirate era feel.

I think the game would be much more "Pirate like" if these ships were a much more rare sighting that you needed to be vigilantly looking out for. Not a field of landmines with legs that roam around and hunt and kill in packs.

If you want to give us "The Adventure of a Lifetime", make it feel like an adventure not 7 Days to Sink.

While this would be nice GrapeShot loves a challenge. Without all the Ship's of the Damned rolling about their would be almost no action on the water. They don't want you to be able just to turn around and avoid one. They want you to have to fight your way to get around them or sink them. While this might seem like a pain in the ass you can easily go travel around with a raft or a small boat because the aggro range is much smaller and you will have a much higher chance of survival until your able to get NPC's for your bigger ships to fight with.

59 minutes ago, Cole said:

While this would be nice GrapeShot loves a challenge. Without all the Ship's of the Damned rolling about their would be almost no action on the water. They don't want you to be able just to turn around and avoid one. They want you to have to fight your way to get around them or sink them. While this might seem like a pain in the ass you can easily go travel around with a raft or a small boat because the aggro range is much smaller and you will have a much higher chance of survival until your able to get NPC's for your bigger ships to fight with.

There is a BIG difference between action on the high seas and "Not a Damned chance in Hell!"

And more spawned behind us completely surrounding us so we had no where to go in an un-armed ship. If that is what GrapeShot calls quality game play they need a lobatomy!

20190101225533_1.jpg

20190101225854_1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Agreed there’s waaaaay too many. They box you in leaving you completely unable to do anything.  This happens everywhere I sail and it means every time i sail I lose a ship to this goofy crap. That or they are on the sector border resulting in ramming them before the server loads you in and you sink. There needs to be a lot less of these things and killing vast numbers of them doesn’t seem to alleviate the problem at all. 

We have lost a ship a very abherrant way : our ship just moved to another region and respawned INSIDE a ghost ship !

I think devs should forbid ghost ships to sail close to region borders...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Selune said:

We have lost a ship a very abherrant way : our ship just moved to another region and respawned INSIDE a ghost ship !

I think devs should forbid ghost ships to sail close to region borders...

i Lost my 1st ship in the same way...

17 hours ago, Cole said:

you can easily go travel around with a raft or a small boat because the aggro range is much smaller and you will have a much higher chance of survival

I proved this BS last night. I built a Sloop with a medium speed sail and I had 3 Damned ships, 2 Red and 1 Green, agro and start shooting at me from the same range as they do the Brigatine and Schooners.

Grapeshot - make these a rare spawns or give me the NPC Tag name that I need to block them on my server! So far I have tried all the methods of reducing them on this forum and they don't work long term.

I want to add my 2-shillings to this discussion:

(1) The Ship of the Damned should spawn at the rate of one per zone, at most!  It should act as a roaming pirate ship of the damned and it should actively hunt the largest ships and most valuable ships in the zone.

(2) It should look like the Flying Dutchman from Pirates of the Caribbean or at least some form of sailing vessel from the period with tattered sails and ghostly fog effects around it.  It should not look like a neon super yacht from a James Bond rap video.

(3) I would rather know it was out there and never want to run across it rather than approach a grid barrier fearing that there's a small fleet of them waiting just across the zone for me to spawn into.  We have already lost two ships to this happening and it's infuriating to say the least and game breaking at worst.

• Like 2

To date I have lost 7 ships. 1 of every type except a galleon (because I din't build one yet), to the Fleet of the Damned in the Super Yachts from the future.

I even had one attack me when I swam out near one that was sitting at a Free Port entrance. I wasn't in a boat, ship or on a raft. I was swimming and it opened fire with cannons. BTW, Damned ships don't take any fire damage. They SHOULD.

Update - As of 10.75 I am regularly seeing 10 to 15 Damned ships in clusters around each island. It is almost impossible to sail in the is game without getting slaughtered. It is not a "Pirate" game. It is a "Zombie at Sea" simulator.

The game is no longer fun. The Ship of the Damned have to either be removed or severely reduced.

Put the "Pirate" back in the game!

Either that or tell me how to block them on my server. If they don't fit into the pirate theme they don't belong.

• Like 1

And the cyclone at sea are beyond ridiculous. Each storm is producing 20+ cyclones that keep pushing me into Damned Power Yachts from the future. They could be turned down a bit.

YeH I think cyclones need to be changed aswell. Maybe if they moved the wind like they already do, sucking your ship towards them. But instead of them spawning like 30 cyclones there’s just one or two. I’d even be okay if they slowly filled your ship with water or destroyed things like wooden ceilings without ships wheel on them or ripped your sails if you have them down.

Edited by Polar Express