On actual sailing ships, the rigging is climbable.  This would also save weight on the ships. Thanks for listening. 🙂

• Like 11

Yes, same I was really confused we had to place additionnal, odd looking ladders when there's a perfect rigging in place to climb on...

• Like 1

YUP this should be a thing already by now, as well as a flag for your ship's mast

• Like 2

Would definitely be very nice, alongside with animated rope pulling while adjusting the sails and also some overall animations for the Ai crew a swell.

• Like 1

Well sadly the rigging connects at the wrong place. At least on the large speed sails the rigging connects to up top at the mast. Not the outside edge of the crows nest. So they would need to re do all the art. If this ever gets changed it would probably be a long ways off

I think thats why they made the small flags. Might not be long before they are added to ships hopefully with streamers too. I love the new designs that has been added to the ship ornaments on the feont. Sorry i cant for the life of me think what they are called. I really hope they add sail customization so diffrent designs and shapes can be added along with ship hull customizations.

As if the devs never played a pirate game before.  The first thing you do after building a ship is wanting to climb up to the crows nest....then it's WTF.  You have to add ladders? Seriously.... I can see the rigging already in place for this purpose....why do I need to build additional ladders?  Then you look at how they did it....... OK the guy who modeled the ships screwed up.....   Make the fix to the models so we can use the rigging designed for that purpose.  There should be specified build concepts for all the ship designs and how they should function in regards to some of the obvious mechanics or uses of ship structures.  For gameplay purposes obvious considerations will need to be thought about, but the basics should remain.

The idea of having to have a skill to do something basic......is lame.  For a brief time period after finding out you needed a skill to increase the draw distance (that was LOL) I thought using the rigging might require a skill set I needed to unlock..... glad that wasn't the case.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:31 AM, cboath said:

As if the devs never played a pirate game before.  The first thing you do after building a ship is wanting to climb up to the crows nest....then it's WTF.  You have to add ladders? Seriously.... I can see the rigging already in place for this purpose....

Honestly I agree, having to place ladders to climb up the mast is counter-intuitive 😕