M.Lavender.

[PVE official] Overload the ship for sinking and destroy

We and ALL alliance members have the same problems.

Players overload themselves by picking up tons of things.

After that, they die and are borne by company members.

The bodies are then simply put on the ship until they sink.

It exist also a tutorial for such stupid think. 

And we can not reporting for help! -.-

20190105083932_1.jpg

20190105084614_1.jpg

Edited by M.Lavender.
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, M.Lavender. said:

We and ALL alliance members have the same problems.

Players overload themselves by picking up tons of things.

After that, they die and are borne by company members.

The bodies are then simply put on the ship until they sink.

It exist also a tutorial for such stupid think. 

And we can not reporting for help ! -.-

20190105083932_1.jpg

20190105084614_1.jpg

That is insane ... now I don't want to play until this is fixed. I fear to lose the ship we are going to finish tomorrow ...

We are working on a technical solution for this atm, hope to have it in as soon as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are many solutions offered on the forums and while any of them are better then what currently exists, they all have flaws.

Best solution is to fix the weight glitch first.

1: At max weight you cannot climb, jump, grapple or glide.

2: If you carry more then double your weight capacity (or X amount over max weight) you die. When you die any weight over your max is dropped from your corpse.

3: When dragging a body you cannot climb, jump, glide or grapple without dropping the body.

4: Anyone not in your company does not count as crew.

You could probably even eliminate 2 if you add 1 and 3. This would stop overcrew sinking and overweight sinking while still retaining the ability to drag a body which has real in game uses.

It probably wouldn't be easy to program but it seems a comprehensive fix, if you see a loop hole please let me know.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

There are many solutions offered on the forums and while any of them are better then what currently exists, they all have flaws.

Best solution is to fix the weight glitch first.

1: At max weight you cannot climb, jump, grapple or glide.

2: If you carry more then double your weight capacity (or X amount over max weight) you die. When you die any weight over your max is dropped from your corpse.

3: When dragging a body you cannot climb, jump, glide or grapple without dropping the body.

4: Anyone not in your company does not count as crew.

You could probably even eliminate 2 if you add 1 and 3. This would stop overcrew sinking and overweight sinking while still retaining the ability to drag a body which has real in game uses.

It probably wouldn't be easy to program but it seems a comprehensive fix, if you see a loop hole please let me know.

All of these sound reasonable.

However, with 1 and 3 you could still climb onto a ship and your buddy could bring you stacks of weight in several turns until your weight was over the ship's limit. I think we need a more direct solution.

My suggestion would be to not let anchored ships take any damage from weight or crew period. Once you raise the anchor however the ship sinks if overcrowded or overweight. This could be implemented for PVP as well as PVE to avoid any griefing by using this exploit.

• Like 1

True, then i guess you'd have to include 2 as well.

What you said was actually my original suggestion, but it was pointed out that someone could just overweight your ship and just log off. You'd never be able to use your ship again unless you let people drag anybody, which just opens up a new form of griefing lol.

My idea has been this. People outside of your company or alliance should only immobilize your ship, rather than sink it. Could be annoying, but oh well, at least you don't LOSE your ship. However, if the people are part of your company or alliance, it will sink, because you could've actually done something about that.

I've also seen ideas of having the ability to "boot" people off of your ship. Which would make sense, because in reality, unwelcome visitors on a pirate ship would've been killed or thrown overboard.

Lost my Gallone and 2 Schooner this night. DEVs this has to be fixed. 

Its ok that the game has bugs but this is too much. After the claiming bullshit now you lose over night all your ships and you cant do anything about it. I want my Ships back, how can i make a ticket. 

20 minutes ago, Cythera said:

Lost my Gallone and 2 Schooner this night. DEVs this has to be fixed. 

Its ok that the game has bugs but this is too much. After the claiming bullshit now you lose over night all your ships and you cant do anything about it. I want my Ships back, how can i make a ticket. 

I lost 3 ships too mate , bugs are problems indeed but devs will fix it asap i belive.

Other hand if some players see a serious bug and dont report, even use them , exploit it to hinder other players game they should be banned perma !

My solution, if the ship is anchored it simply does not gain any more weight, if the anchor is removed, it remains on the spot and must be "emptied" to leave but the weight measurements would be effective.

12 hours ago, RogueLdr said:

True, then i guess you'd have to include 2 as well.

What you said was actually my original suggestion, but it was pointed out that someone could just overweight your ship and just log off. You'd never be able to use your ship again unless you let people drag anybody, which just opens up a new form of griefing lol.

if someone were to log off on my ship while overweight just to immobilize it, then at least i would have their company name, character name, steam id...... IMO the main problem is that griefers are able to do this anonomously. If they're still there I know who they are and can do something.

Just disarm them, by taking away their ability to sink our 100+ hours builds in 1 minute even on PVE

Edited by moostiiq

Bump. This needs to be first priority. People are leaving servers and quitting the game after losing everything. Companies are scattered. 

My company ships got wiped out last night, still nothing from dev's on this issue.  Pretty major omission for a company that has moved on to fine tuning weapon damage in pvp (and significantly hurting pve in the process)

If they dont care about pve, then dont have pve official servers

Mostly for pve fixes my idea would be ;

1. If Ship overweight or over crowed = no damage , but cannot move and should not matter if its docked or not.
  2. Ability to kick / eject anyone from the ship that's not in your company (only pve this would be an option)