Sign in to follow this  
Abra

PVE: Other players sinking your ship via the crewlimit

So appearently, ships can be sunk if other players go on your ship and exceed the crew limit. 

We were at 13/19 with our Birgantine and over night it was sunk with no appearent damage to the planks.

Nobody was spleeping on board either and there where no tamed animals on board, just the NPC sailor crew.

This needs immidiate fixing or else a Galleon NPC crew can be made to sink every non-galleon ship.

Edited by Abra
  • Like 1

Simple.  Stop including the animals, and non-crewmembers as crewmembers.  Anyone who is not in your company, or an NPC crewman, should not count as a crewman.  Animals you are transporting, should not count as crew...only count against the weight.

People not in your company, should not count against the weight of the ship, and this can also be griefed, as they can load up heavy, and if they have enough do this, make your ship overweight.  In PvE, doing that could be made to damage the offending player very quickly.

Players, and especially Meta players, will do what the game allows, and or, rewards.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This happened to my wife and I as well.  We wake up this morning to our main ship sunk and already salvaged(why can other players salvage ships they do not own in PvE anyway?).  It was safely anchored by shore and the npc crew was not attacked.  We each have 150+ hours into this game and we are super nice and go out of our way to help other players.  Now we don't even want to play because we can't have a ship in a bloody pirate game.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wattzson said:

This happened to my wife and I as well.  We wake up this morning to our main ship sunk and already salvaged(why can other players salvage ships they do not own in PvE anyway?).  It was safely anchored by shore and the npc crew was not attacked.  We each have 150+ hours into this game and we are super nice and go out of our way to help other players.  Now we don't even want to play because we can't have a ship in a bloody pirate game.  

Well you should read the patch notes!!

Everybody can salvage an sunken ship now

So I have heard this while traveling to watch out for griefers looking to overload ships with weight to purposely sink them. It has happened to many people. It has been witnessed by others apparently. They will load themselves up with heavy items before boarding. This is rumour to me, as I have not seen it myself but we have had ships randomly sink in our dock but no reason listed. I'm assuming unrelated- HOPING unrelated. It would be nice to have more details in Company Governance but that's another story.

Edited by Eve BlackVeil
  • Like 1

Even a random Seagull landing on your ship counts towards the crew limit.

So beware of the mighty chicken farmer climbing on peoples galleons with his chicken hord and sinking it on PVE no problem.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 8:53 PM, [RG]Colt said:

Well you should read the patch notes!!

Everybody can salvage an sunken ship now

Just woke up but I can't see how your reply has any point to it at all?  I am aware you can salvage sunken ships, I asked why is it that way on a PvE server.  That's just a minuet part of my post anyway, I even wrapped it in parenthesis to emphasize this.  The main complaint is sinking player ships on PvE server.  All of this is stuff that you can't address in anyway regardless so why not just keep to yourself unless you have something of value to say. 

I posted to bring attention to the matter so hopefully someone of importance to this game will see it.

Edited by wattzson
Wasn't done
  • Like 2

I dont have a problem with other players beeing able to salvage ships, thats a main skill in the pirate skill tree.

My problem is that random animals can be used to sink ships.

2 players with monkey/parrot/tiger combo can basically sink a brigantine if they unmount and the Brig has a crew.

This is what appened to us and its idiotic, we are now afraid to build a galleon cause that can be sunk in 2 minutes via the crew limit as well.

Edited by Abra

Woke up to this having happened to our schooner at The Emerald Refuge NA PVE. My partner and I had gone there to mine rubies and silver to make alloy. We parked the ship and left it overnight after mining, bothering no one. Now she doesn't want to play the game at all because that was over 100 hours invested by each of us with everything that was on that ship. Since you can't claim land in lawless and there isn't any unclaimed land to go around, that ship was basically our base. Now it's gone. I understand it's a pirate game, but we had no realistic options other than basing out of that schooner at this point. Now she refuses to even consider playing official and I'm having to talk her out of walking away from the game period.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I can build bigger, but I'm sticking to Rafts until they get the exploit fixed. 

It can be nice stumbling on a wreck that's just sitting there.  I found one today near a big rock in the middle of nowhere and got 4 Carbines, 6 Flintlock Pistols (and plenty of ammo for both types), 9 or 10 metal tools, silver ingots, several thousand Fiber (I hate collecting that because of the grunting!), 240 gold coins and a lot more stuff.  Good times!

Even if it is a blatant ad, it’s csrtainly not unwarranted given what I said, and it is appreciated. I will be in touch.

1 minute ago, hawk20011 said:

only issue is my in game name is and always been Boomer. lol

Clearly you are gentleman of good taste.

• Haha 1

What they should do on the PVE servers

—Animals cannot kill offline players

—Boats cannot be sunk while company members/players are offline (decay yes, sink, no)

i just don’t understand how PVE servers have sooo many trolls. 

• Like 1

They troll because bored.  Game doesn't give them enough content, so victims become their content.

• Like 2

I've posted this in other threads but its a very easy solution: 

1. Make it so ships don't sink when overweight or are carrying too many crew members, they just can't move. 
2. Give an option to expel non company members from ships in PvE (in PVP that's obviously doesn't make sense).

Problem solved. They also need to fix the exploit, which has existed since Ark, that lets you pick up more weight than you can normally carry if you pick it up off the ground. That'd make it harder to sink peoples ships by being overweight. 

• Like 2

I foolishly dumped a ton of ship repair resources (wood, thatch, fiber, metal and gold coins) into my ship resource container for ship repairs. I wasn't watching the weight. It kind of defeated the purpose. lol
I agree on point number 1. If ships can't move, that works perfectly.

Point 2 yes, but as you said... it would have to be optional so you could help transport other players around when needed.

Edited by hawk20011

- Autolock all structures in 'PvE only' with an inventory, except campfires and similar structures which can be placed without a claimflag. Unofficial Servers can run this with PvE enabled & ?ForceAllStructureLocking=true 

WOULD MUCH RATHER SEE SOMETHING LIKE :

- Anchored ships no longer take weight damage on PvE servers until the weight bug has been fixed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

So what is stopping people from boarding and sinking during fights? Honestly the whole damn crew limit should be removed.

A ship with too many crew or too much weight should simply not move. 

This is not a hard fix and the fact its not being addressed is infuriating at this point.  

• Like 1

Enemy should not count as crew, simple as that because they are enemies not crew!

An overweight ship should be unable to move. The reason i say this is because if you wanted you could remove someone from your company and ferry them with massive amounts of resources. This would cause griefers to be unable to sink your boat.

AI crew should be able to pickup and remove unwanted players from boats automatically in freeport or attack them if they are not in freeport to stop players being able to get on but not be removed.

• Like 1

So This happened to me just last night, 
Took brig to go and get crew for base defense and while me and friend jumped off to go get crew, A small team of about 3 jumped on with full weight capacity, instantly started sinking the ship. couldn't do anything about it. Withing a minute or so. ship goes down and they use there little schooner to take what we had in the ship we wasn't able to salvage anything as we had nowhere to put it. On top of this they were literally taunting us because they we pleased with themselves for being a ________.

I Beg of the Dev team to come up with a solution for this as its unfair on those that are thinking they are safe in a free port where they are suppose to be. 

Now i will log on today and start building another as 'Easy Come Easy Go' but if this continues then it would be foolish to bother trying to progressing.

At this point if you cant beat them then join them. 
Which will kill you ideas of more PVP, as everyone will just be greifing each other. 

Happy Sailing, 

Frederus

Yes I think the exploit is still active, only until your ships anchors and turns green though. if it is white people can still overload it I think, not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure you can.

Used to be a nightmare before they changed it, people would just pick loads of metal up and hang on the ladder then bye bye ship. There was an exploit of picking up unlimited weight which still remains I think, never tried it though.

Haven't played in months, but once your anchor is green then this should not be possible by any method or wasn't before the new map.  Still doesn't stop someone doing it to you as soon as you hit port.  Less likely to happen at sea since they have to carry the bodies or weight on their own ship first.

You can still carry unlimited weight.

21 hours ago, Frederus said:

So This happened to me just last night, 
Took brig to go and get crew for base defense and while me and friend jumped off to go get crew, A small team of about 3 jumped on with full weight capacity, instantly started sinking the ship. couldn't do anything about it. Withing a minute or so. ship goes down and they use there little schooner to take what we had in the ship we wasn't able to salvage anything as we had nowhere to put it. On top of this they were literally taunting us because they we pleased with themselves for being a ________.

I Beg of the Dev team to come up with a solution for this as its unfair on those that are thinking they are safe in a free port where they are suppose to be. 

Now i will log on today and start building another as 'Easy Come Easy Go' but if this continues then it would be foolish to bother trying to progressing.

At this point if you cant beat them then join them. 
Which will kill you ideas of more PVP, as everyone will just be greifing each other. 

Happy Sailing, 

Frederus

Probably a bug since it would still take a long time before your ship actually sinks, so you always have plenty of time to reach land and anchor up. You can report this ‘fast sinking’ bug to the devs.