Sign in to follow this  
Ameesa

Is there any Spot free to claim on PVE EU?

Hi there ... 

Unfortunately, we can't find room for a small settlement. We need a spot for a small and a big shipyard and a small hut on the beach. Does anyone have an idea where to get something like this? Gladly with screenshot of the map. We are 3 players.

Alternatively are open for clues as to how it might work to get a place. 
We see a lot of inactive houses and sleeping players claiming whole islands. But our flags always disappear after 1 minute. What are we doing wrong? Where can we settle? 

Thanks for your help!

Ameesa

Not really. People have claimed more than they need, and there is nothing encouraging them to own less territory.

• Like 1

same as ark , instead of flags it was pillars , no difference , early players get the spots they need and want ,all the complaining about the flag(pillar) spam is from players that are too lazy to land on and island and actually try to take a claim that is abandoned or otherwise ,

they look at map see all the red blobs and move on them come here complaining they cant find a spot , 

FLAG OR PILLAR SPAM ARK AND ATLAS ARE THE SAME 

Edited by UDO

You can't claim the area but the lawless zones have been good to me.

I have a house finally and getting ready to put up my shipyard now... You can't spawn to beds (in houses) and the wildlife is a bit hostile in the area but I don't have to worry about logging in to my house belonging to someone else.

11 minutes ago, UDO said:

all the complaining about the flag(pillar) spam is from players that are too lazy to land on and island and actually try to take a claim that is abandoned or otherwise

Not true. Visited 8 more islands today. Most of the spots can't even BE contested due to some buggy timer of 16k seconds. The system needs to be modified

15 minutes ago, UDO said:

all the complaining about the flag(pillar) spam is from players that are too lazy to land on and island and actually try to take a claim that is abandoned or otherwise

they look at map see all the red blobs and move on them come here complaining they cant find a spot , 

Even if the spot is empty, i live on a server where a company owns a whole island, and they threaten to destroy your ship if you don't stop your claim.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UDO said:

same as ark , instead of flags it was pillars , no difference , early players get the spots they need and want ,all the complaining about the flag(pillar) spam is from players that are too lazy to land on and island and actually try to take a claim that is abandoned or otherwise ,

lol. except you forgot that most couldn't get out of fp's or starter zones for most of the EA launch by the time most could, all the land was gone.

oh and lets not forget that pve has massive claim bugs and issuses where your claim can be stolen but hey ignorance is bliss right?

• Like 1

In my opinion, every player should only have one flag. And also a smaller radius.

So, if there's no more room... how can you best take over an area? Do you have any tips?

2 minutes ago, Ameesa said:

In my opinion, every player should only have one flag. And also a smaller radius.

So, if there's no more room... how can you best take over an area? Do you have any tips?

The issue with every player having a flag is when you join a company your flag is part of their territory...  What happens if you leave that company?

17 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

The issue with every player having a flag is when you join a company your flag is part of their territory...  What happens if you leave that company?

It still belongs to the company. I joined my company with a flag and 2 sloops. The company leader and most ran back to ark and didn't pass leadership. I had to destroy the ships and reclaim the flag of was a sad moment. They personally owned option I believe does not work.

if every player was limited to one flag and with a smaller radius there would be no resources on any island as people would stuff in and build their bases/ shipyards on every possible space and block resource spawns.  Responsible land ownership means controlling overbuilding. i know everyone wants to play solo but its much more beneficial to gather into groups.  People keep saying that 1 person owns whole islands...  well this is an exaggeration. We own a good size territory.  (22 members on 15 flags so put your pitchforks away) and we inhabit around 20% of the large island. The rest is occupied by at least a dozen companies of varying sizes. In all the grids I have sailed Ive seen none that were only 1 person.  And if it was, they will get tired of having to visit all that land every 3 days and they will lose it eventually. Even with flag limits people would find a way around it. For example if my company was limited and flags were limited to one per person we could just spread out and actually claim MORE land that way.

It sucks for people that are just entering the game, but the land rush is over and places are claimed. Not sure how you expect land to just be there waiting for you everywhere you go. You will have to wait and take something abandoned or make a deal with current land owners.

If you are on NA PVE and want a place to settle, and are willing to join a company to do it, come check out Titanfish Cay on O9. We have good territory and when you join us you can keep your sense of soloness.  Members of our company personally own structures that they build and their involvement (or lack thereof) in company affairs is up to them.  We have a town built with all the amenities available to the members of our company along with plots in the town set aside for those to build houses there if they want to live in a more urban environment.  Players are also allowed to build outside of town as long as they don't block a strategic resource (metal/oil/coal etc).  Our #1 rule is to respect the personal property of others, and anyone who doesn't follow this wont be living with us for long.

Edited by Traven Guthrie

22 hours ago, Psykonalle said:

Not true. Visited 8 more islands today. Most of the spots can't even BE contested due to some buggy timer of 16k seconds. The system needs to be modified

not buggy timer at all thats the timer that is counting down to when it can be claimed . message on screen also says recent upkeep, when the timer reaches minus 240k u can claim the area unless the owner visits the area to reset the countdown timer  

22 hours ago, Sketch said:

lol. except you forgot that most couldn't get out of fp's or starter zones for most of the EA launch by the time most could, all the land was gone.

oh and lets not forget that pve has massive claim bugs and issuses where your claim can be stolen but hey ignorance is bliss right?

we had 3 new companys just today land the grid im based in  and get spots from adandond claims, yes a lot of areas were claimed but there are a lot of players also leaving  ,

i didnt get out of freeport for 3 days after launch and still got a spot not really an excuse ,

Edited by UDO

I just swam between the islands and tried to set the flag. I found several places, I stopped at one. My wife also found a place for herself. EU PVE.

1 hour ago, UDO said:

not buggy timer at all thats the timer that is counting down to when it can be claimed . message on screen also says recent upkeep, when the timer reaches minus 240k u can claim the area unless the owner visits the area to reset the countdown timer  

So you don't even have a chance to contest as long as the timer keeps getting reset? Even more broken than I thought

The current system is crazy. My company lost everything. After trying to find a small land claim for 3 days we finally found a claim that was abandoned. We put down one flag and successfully contested it then waited two more days to contest the neighboring flag to see if the owners were active at all. A week later we had built a small base and most of a schooner only to have it stolen from us by another company that is now aggressively contesting the land on the island I was on. They are now trying to extort us to give our base back. Fun game!

l mentioned in another thread that they need to only allow one flag per player with a very long cool down. Additional flags should cost skill points and maintenance and be of limited number, probably just 2 or 3 max per person. Maybe limit the 'primary flags' proximity to each other unless the flags are from the same company. That way bases could be spread out and there would be some contestable land in between for those that want to play the contest the land game and also allow for resource spawns. 

I feel like I've sailed around enough to see that some people are playing a totally different game.  They managed to get established on an island with friendly neighbors, are busy building ships and structures and exploring all the mechanics of the game. The game i'm forced to play is defend what meager territory you can find from griefers and passive aggressive assholes 24/7 to the point that you cant do anything else. Not fun. 

Edited by Skody

@UDO not really ive been the 1st one to a lot of islands , only placed claim flags on 2 of them and lost both 1 before they made the 3 day defence , and 1 after and the 3 day protection did not work cause seems some updates bug it out and people can reclaim it sooner. And specially fun are overlapping claims cause if you want to refresh it you better not theres a high change you will not be able to place it down again.  I got my 2nd base stolen in just 8 hr lost my shipyard and a stone building and if that wasnt enough they even sunk my schooner and a sloop.... so yeah fun now im just sitting in a lawless area collecting mats for another schooner. But i will prolly lose that shipyard soon as the 10.0 updates hits if they make lawless areas claimable.... They need to start focusing on pve balancing . 1 flag per person and fix the overweight problem. Like make the ships unable to move at all not sink with overweight.

@Skody aint it a fun game i had a alliance with the other guys on the island all good and fine , then 4 days ago logged in my shipyard taken over and my base is contested, im f sleeping in it... and the flag is still going down and the 2 f guys had taken half the island over with other guys sleeping in the buildings. Funny thing we refreshed the flags like 8 hr ago, no protection... Oh how i loved it when i told the guys to f off and remove that flag and if they dont i will sink the schooner they have.  They started saying this place belongs to them that they qere the 1st ones there , 1st time i saw those guys were a day ago, and ive been on that island from the 4th day of game release. Anyways they didnt remove the flag so i took my stone building appart and sunk the schooner nice PVE balancing we have .

Yay! Since today we have a home. We don't own any land, but a house on a small underwater rock off the coast. We have nice neighbours and maybe Hello Kitty or the East India Trading Company will even let us build something on the beach starting Wednesday.

🏡🎉

Kind regards,

Ameesa