Sign in to follow this  
Lakenludwig

treasure maps don´t work on private server

My server did that and then they changed the map files from png to jpg and they started working properly. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 7:32 PM, zedvenom said:

My server did that and then they changed the map files from png to jpg and they started working properly. 

Hi, but i have tried this still not working for me, i rent 3rd party private server, mine also customize map. i have tried to upload the jpg map files, but still not working.

i really dont know whats going on 😞

Are you hosting the map files on a web server? I find this to be the best and most reliable way to have maps working. I have no issue with maps at all. Everything is working as it should.

Same issue here, maps doesn't work..

Could you give me the link to your web server to see how you setup that ? And maybe to your .ServerGrid.json ? COuld help a lot !

.. @HelixU4

19 minutes ago, HelixU4 said:

Are you hosting the map files on a web server? I find this to be the best and most reliable way to have maps working. I have no issue with maps at all. Everything is working as it should.

yes, i upload the image to webserver for both cellimage and mapimage(both jpg file), i can see the map on server log in interface, but in-game map is missing, also the treasure map missing.

4 hours ago, eS Netmad said:

Same issue here, maps doesn't work..

Could you give me the link to your web server to see how you setup that ? And maybe to your .ServerGrid.json ? COuld help a lot !

.. @HelixU4

https://northnetworking.com/atlas_server_map_images/northren_haven/ <--- Is where map images is hosted

In json file this is the setup:

"MetaWorldURL": "http://northnetworking.com/atlas_server_map_images/northren_haven/",
"MapImageURL": "http://northnetworking.com/atlas_server_map_images/northren_haven/MapImg.jpg",

Remove those URLs completely. No need to host them.  Also, make sure your maps/json files have been exported with the latest version of the map editor.

Under the shootergame folder all your JPGs should be in .\Shootergame\ServerGrid\

those two values in your JSON file should be:

"MetaWorldURL": ""

"MapImageURL": "" 

I've been running a 5x5 with this configuration and treasure maps work perfectly.  Adding the URLs are what breaks it.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shield said:

Remove those URLs completely. No need to host them.  Also, make sure your maps/json files have been exported with the latest version of the map editor.

Under the shootergame folder all your JPGs should be in .\Shootergame\ServerGrid\

those two values in your JSON file should be:

"MetaWorldURL": ""

"MapImageURL": "" 

I've been running a 5x5 with this configuration and treasure maps work perfectly.  Adding the URLs are what breaks it.

You are wrong, adding URLs are not breaking anything. I host my maps on my web server, and they have been working flawlessly from day one. Also, many people have gotten broken maps to work by hosting the maps on a web server. 

For some, it works by not hosting online, other not. Don't spread misinformation please.

4 hours ago, HelixU4 said:

You are wrong, adding URLs are not breaking anything. I host my maps on my web server, and they have been working flawlessly from day one. Also, many people have gotten broken maps to work by hosting the maps on a web server. 

For some, it works by not hosting online, other not. Don't spread misinformation please. 

Whatever. It fixed it for me and multiple people on the support discord  agreed I should remove those URLs. What also fixed it for one of the guys making the guides was the fact that he had a slightly older version of the grid editor and getting the new version and re-exporting the maps/json files fixed the problem.

1 hour ago, Shield said:

Whatever. It fixed it for me and multiple people on the support discord  agreed I should remove those URLs. What also fixed it for one of the guys making the guides was the fact that he had a slightly older version of the grid editor and getting the new version and re-exporting the maps/json files fixed the problem.

Yes and that's the case for many, not using web server works for some, other a web server works. There is no right and wrong. But it's wrong to claim that using URLs break the maps while it actually work in most cases.
And updating the GridEditor is the first thing people should do when facing issues with their map.

2 hours ago, HelixU4 said:

Yes and that's the case for many, not using web server works for some, other a web server works. There is no right and wrong. But it's wrong to claim that using URLs break the maps while it actually work in most cases.
And updating the GridEditor is the first thing people should do when facing issues with their map.

Whatever i do to the URL, it doesn't work for me, neither delete the URL or with correct URL. If i put URL in the MapimageURL, it will show the map in Server login interface, but in-game map not working. If i delete both URL, it show the old map again, but my computer map cache all cleaned, why it still show the old map? i was renting a 3rd party private server, is the server map cache not cleaned?

by the way, Where can i get the latest version of GridEditor? My version is 1.0.0.0, what is your guys version that can solve this map issue?

did you copy the images from your exported files to your .\ShooterGame\ServerGrid folder?

27 minutes ago, Shield said:

did you copy the images from your exported files to your .\ShooterGame\ServerGrid folder?

it is 3rd party server, not my computer

29 minutes ago, whitestar said:

it is 3rd party server, not my computer

You should still have access to the file system of the game server. Else I'd move far away for that host.

3 minutes ago, HelixU4 said:

You should still have access to the file system of the game server. Else I'd move far away for that host.

unfortunately, i can't access to the folder at all, i only can edit the servergrid.json file at the control panel(website).

do you mean if i can access to the server folder to clean the map cache, then problem will be solved?

I have the same issue.

I tried to setup the map to an website

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.c728d89303f1526103710056b715d4c8.png

But it doesnt worked.

Is the Folder looking right?

Screenshot_1.png.e6928a0fb51fde87d94221ac8a1397e7.png