Sign in to follow this  
AlexPlayer

I don't want to lose a character because of his age.

4 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

It's been stated a 100 times now that there are going to be ways to avoid perm loss (so you have a CHOICE) and you can save/load your character look.  Just because its bugged now doesn't mean it won't be fixed by whatever time this stuff starts getting implemented.  The fact that choices will be there means its up to you if you want that specific feature of the game to 'ruin' it for you or not.  It's not forced.  Forced would be no Fountain, no breeding, just death and reroll.

Right, this choice might be an easy or difficult task to accomplish. Which is why i'm saying it completely depends on how easy it is to access the fountain of youth.

If you have to sail the entire map each time to maintain youth, and use it multiple times to maintain youth, it is pretty much forced. Either that or you have to choose to waste significant amounts of time maintaining something that is just utterly boring. Like, i'd rather be playing the game, not sailing around for a fountain endlessly. 

"Sailing for the fountain IS playing". Right, but how long until it gets old?  You think endlessly sailing around for a fountain is fun gameplay? When you could be progressing, or PVPing, or PVEing. Instead you're trying to maintain youth so you can keep your character, or for cosmetic purposes.

Image being forced to do that trash JUST to maintain cosmetics.. Who is going to want to subject themselves to that endlessly? It is just trash that serves to convolute a potentially great game.

If the fountain was easy to access, and I didn't have to make repeat visits, i'd be pleased. If it isn't, both of those things, then it'll just be a hassle that detracts from the rest of the game, and so it isn't worth having an age mechanic to begin with. I would sacrifice some non-core mechanic that hardly impacts gameplay if it let me keep my character, and be able to choose how they look.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 2:03 AM, AlexPlayer said:

Atlas is a very interesting game. It gives me a lot of pleasure to play it. But I don't want to lose a character because of his age (I mean the game development plans). It is not interesting for me to create a family in the game. I don't want to start from the first level after the death of the character because of his age.I don't think it's a good idea. To spend a lot of time on the game, and to start  each time the game first after death of character beecause of his age.

what they are trying to do for atlas is a hardcore survival game your character will die at the age of 100.

Edited by PhoenixOfIce

5 hours ago, PhoenixOfIce said:

what they are trying to do for atlas is a hardcore survival game your character will die at the age of 100.

What I call "halfway hardcore". Save hardcore for it's own server and be done with it; don't try and get the best of both worlds and please no one.

3 minutes ago, Adfax said:

What I call "halfway hardcore". Save hardcore for it's own server and be done with it; don't try and get the best of both worlds and please no one.

What exactly is the problem, only thing you need to do is press E on someone and swipe your curser over a thing and it’s done. Why are people making a big thing out of this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

What exactly is the problem, only thing you need to do is press E on someone and swipe your curser over a thing and it’s done. Why are people making a big thing out of this. 

That's what he does.  

25 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

That's what he does.  

Yes I don’t understand it. Maybe 1% cared about an ARK character and I don’t think it will be any different here. Definitely not worth it to throw an entire game mechanic in the bin. 

28 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes I don’t understand it. Maybe 1% cared about an ARK character and I don’t think it will be any different here. Definitely not worth it to throw an entire game mechanic in the bin. 

Not to you. You're naïve if you think cosmetics don't matter to people, when many games make their entire income from cosmetics exclusively.

You can't deny the importance of cosmetics; and I stress that the devs don't make the mistake of underestimating this. 

You might think that doesn't matter, but there are hard figures proving cosmetics are important to a lot of people. 

Example : if every character model in the game was just a big pile of mud, do you think as many people would play the game?  No.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Adfax said:

Not to you. You're naïve if you think cosmetics don't matter to people, when many games make their entire income from cosmetics exclusively.

You can't deny the importance of cosmetics; and I stress that the devs don't make the mistake of underestimating this. 

You might think that doesn't matter, but there are hard figures proving cosmetics are important to a lot of people. 

Example : if every character model in the game was just a big pile of mud, do you think as many people would play the game?  No.

Yes? If it is a good game, everyone will play it. And this game is a good game and offers way more than just piles of mud. Accept the fact that they’re not gonna throw away an entire game mechanic because of ‘character cosmetics’ no real gamer has ever cared about in their lives. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Percieval said:

Yes? If it is a good game, everyone will play it. And this game is a good game and offers way more than just piles of mud. Accept the fact that they’re not gonna throw away an entire game mechanic because of ‘character cosmetics’ no real gamer has ever cared about in their lives. 

You're not understanding. I'm explaining that if all characters looked like piles of mud, you'd lose a lot of players. Why? Because cosmetics matter. What if all the ships looked like textureless cubes? All of these things are cosmetic.

I'm not accepting any "fact". This "entire game mechanic" is literally a tiny piece of code in the game that causes your age to go up, and with it, alter your appearance.

"no real gamer"? Wtf are you talking about. You're telling me gamers don't care about visuals?? Why aren't we all just sitting around playing pong then? Think about it.

There are numbers backing the popularity of cosmetics, they're important to better the success of the game. The age mechanic basically destroys the cosmetics by forcing the main part of your character, the character itself, to look a way you do not want it to look. Add to that it kills off your character, and you have a mechanic that isn't worth having. The tradeoff is too great for what you get. .Something near utterly pointless.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Adfax said:

You're not understanding. I'm explaining that if all characters looked like piles of mud, you'd lose a lot of players. Why? Because cosmetics matter. What if all the ships looked like textureless cubes? All of these things are cosmetic.

I'm not accepting any "fact". This "entire game mechanic" is literally a tiny piece of code in the game that causes your age to go up, and with it, alter your appearance.

"no real gamer"? Wtf are you talking about. You're telling me gamers don't care about visuals?? Why aren't we all just sitting around playing pong then? Think about it.

There are numbers backing the popularity of cosmetics, they're important to better the success of the game. The age mechanic basically destroys the cosmetics by forcing the main part of your character, the character itself, to look a way you do not want it to look. Add to that it kills off your character, and you have a mechanic that isn't worth having. The tradeoff is too great for what you get. .Something near utterly pointless.

Oh I agree that cosmetics for ships and all matter. But here, just like in ARK, people don’t care about it and I’m definitely sure nobody over at Grapeshot will throw away something they have been advertising pre-launch for maybe 1% of the community, that’s all. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

Oh I agree that cosmetics for ships and all matter. But here, just like in ARK, people don’t care about it and I’m definitely sure nobody over at Grapeshot will throw away something they have been advertising pre-launch for maybe 1% of the community, that’s all. 

When you see how many dislike it, I think you'll realize there is a good chance they will.

14 minutes ago, Adfax said:

When you see how many dislike it, I think you'll realize there is a good chance they will.

I still don’t but we will see. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Adfax said:

Dont bother with Percieval. Hardcore fanboy that REEs. I also think aging is a dumb idea that adds nothing to the game

• Like 3

I started over with a new padfinder allready when i was like 45 and had like level 37. It was a pain, but now i am 53 again 😞

pfffff, i bet i better start to look for a island where they sell walking aid devices.

On 1/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, azmoodeus said:

Dont bother with Percieval. Hardcore fanboy that REEs. I also think aging is a dumb idea that adds nothing to the game

Having a different opinion than other people doesn’t mean I’m a fanboy. It’s such a cheap argument that it makes me laugh. Can’t you guys come up with something better? I agree with many people on the forums, does that mean they’re all fanboys too and you guys are always right? 

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2019 at 7:41 AM, Percieval said:

Having a different opinion than other people doesn’t mean I’m a fanboy. It’s such a cheap argument that it makes me laugh. Can’t you guys come up with something better? I agree with many people on the forums, does that mean they’re all fanboys too and you guys are always right? 

Different? No it's just that every thread that I stumble across one of your post it's always defending the developers and their vision of the game. No lee way whatsoever and everyone else is wrong. That imo makes you a REEE fanboy.

39 minutes ago, azmoodeus said:

Different? No it's just that every thread that I stumble across one of your post it's always defending the developers and their vision of the game. No lee way whatsoever and everyone else is wrong. That imo makes you a REEE fanboy.

Then stumble across other threads. Maybe you're just unlucky, or ignorant.

Edited by Percieval