Sign in to follow this  
AlexPlayer

I don't want to lose a character because of his age.

1 hour ago, IsilithTehroth said:

You can still be a legend via the fountain of youth. In fact that makes you more of a legend if you can continueously keep your pirate young forever by conquering the seas and laying claim to the fountain. You are definately the vocal minority here. Everyone else wants an aging and heir system in game. It adds flavor to the game and maybe depth if they give bonuses to keeping your pirate alive.

I really hope grapeshot doesn't listen to your ilk and try to dumb down the game by removing features, content and mmorpg aspects. There is always Ark or a slew of survival games if you guys just want to pvp raid 24/7

Don't think ppl that hate lossing character to aging and most importantly being stupidly ugly are a minority, like if only he said "no" to that. We are with them and soon propably more as ovetime ppl will get older and look like a dug up corpse. Not to mention there will propably be a "suprising" outrage when it actualy starts working, mostly from pvp players about this nonsense which hopefuly happen and make the game change. Ah, btw, before will say about being a pvp, non-roleplay something something, being a pve player and suprise, don't wanna look ugly or waste time on this forced mechanic, not to mention lossing stuff that if happens, will just slap a negative and leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I genuinely thought nobody would even care the slightest about this. But if you don’t want to age maybe they should make  it an option for private servers. Or maybe invent makeup into the game so the guys can dress up. 

• Like 1

It's pretty likely once it gets added in there will be a feature to disabled it for private servers.  

Im against this mechanic as I believe there shouldnt be anything in the game that makes you lose all skill points. There are better ways to do a death penalty if the game really needs it. You already drop everything when you die.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ubung said:

Im against this mechanic as I believe there shouldnt be anything in the game that makes you lose all skill points. There are better ways to do a death penalty if the game really needs it. You already drop everything when you die.

It's a fairly "light" system compared to other PVP oriented games.  Life is Feudal is skill loss, as was UO back in the day.  Going from 100% in a tier 4 skill to 99.4 was a BRUTAL amount of work to get back up.  From the little the devs have told us it sounds like there will be 2 fairly straight forward paths to avoid it.  Fountain of Youth, which you know the second its found everyone is going to share the info online and having a kid, which breeding in this isn't super complicated.

1 hour ago, mndfreeze said:

It's a fairly "light" system compared to other PVP oriented games.  Life is Feudal is skill loss, as was UO back in the day.  Going from 100% in a tier 4 skill to 99.4 was a BRUTAL amount of work to get back up.  From the little the devs have told us it sounds like there will be 2 fairly straight forward paths to avoid it.  Fountain of Youth, which you know the second its found everyone is going to share the info online and having a kid, which breeding in this isn't super complicated.

Thats why I never played those games they are not to my taste. As this was similar to ark in many respects I thought i wouldn't have an issue with this game. To be honest it all depends on how difficult it is to find a fountain or have a child. Still i would like it not to be there OR be a feature that doesn't involve skill loss.

Also im on the pve server. 🙂

Edited by Ubung
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, IsilithTehroth said:

You can still be a legend via the fountain of youth. In fact that makes you more of a legend if you can continueously keep your pirate young forever by conquering the seas and laying claim to the fountain. You are definately the vocal minority here. Everyone else wants an aging and heir system in game. It adds flavor to the game and maybe depth if they give bonuses to keeping your pirate alive.

I really hope grapeshot doesn't listen to your ilk and try to dumb down the game by removing features, content and mmorpg aspects. There is always Ark or a slew of survival games if you guys just want to pvp raid 24/7

"dumb down"...What are you talking about? It basically has no impact on the game at all, other than cosmetic, and forcing people to change their characters every month, or waste time seeking a fountain which will get tedious if it requires repeat visits to maintain youth. 

Dumbed down is putting in a gimmicky mechanic for faux innovation to the detriment of the game itself. They've just crowbarred it in for the sake of crowbarring it in so that they can appear innovative. 

It doesn't belong in the game, and takes away more enjoyable features : keeping your character, keeping your appearance.

Also, this game isn't the same as ark.. This is essentially Ark 2, with better features, and a better world. I don't want it squandered with stupidly misplaced mechanics. 

I hope grapeshot don't listen to you, and crowbar in mechanics that take more away than they put in.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ubung said:

Thats why I never played those games they are not to my taste. As this was similar to ark in many respects I thought i wouldn't have an issue with this game. To be honest it all depends on how difficult it is to find a fountain or have a child. Still i would like it not to be there OR be a feature that doesn't involve skill loss.

Well everything at this point is speculation past a few bits we know which are the devs did discuss it a bit and plan to implement it, or at least did at the time of the interviews pre-launch, and it addresses some issues with getting around survival mechanics by just dying since there are no punishments.  Beyond that it's anyone's guess as to how severe it will be.  Some people have stated its part of the lore as well but I don't remember that part.

2 hours ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Not in the game yet, and you can counter it once it gets into game! 🙂 

Depends if the counter is worth it. If it involves searching the entire map with no indication to find a fountain? Count me out. That isn't a counter, that is a waste of time.

I'd rather just enjoy the game without having to worry about something that doesn't matter to the core of the game.

7 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Well everything at this point is speculation past a few bits we know which are the devs did discuss it a bit and plan to implement it, or at least did at the time of the interviews pre-launch, and it addresses some issues with getting around survival mechanics by just dying since there are no punishments.  Beyond that it's anyone's guess as to how severe it will be.  Some people have stated its part of the lore as well but I don't remember that part.

There are punishments for dying : 

1. Respawn timer

2.Losing all your stuff

3.Respawn location

They are all satisfactory punishments. 

Those are enough punishment. But i'd take an exp loss before the actual loss of my character. Save that for a hardcore server.

You start killing people's characters off permanently, and you will alienate a significant portion of the community.

I guarantee you, when people start getting old and fugly in droves, and start losing characters, you won't see any serious backlash against this crowbar mechanic. I'm simply trying to save time and pre-empt what I already know will happen.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 2

Literally most clans just kill themselves by fire when around their base. Run outside, grab their stuff.  All day long it's what happens in our guild and every other big guild out there.  You even get a nice equilibrium buff reset.  Your punishments only apply when away from base or a boat, which is rare in this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mndfreeze said:

Literally most clans just kill themselves by fire when around their base. Run outside, grab their stuff.  All day long it's what happens in our guild and every other big guild out there.  You even get a nice equilibrium buff reset.  Your punishments only apply when away from base or a boat, which is rare in this game.

That is a problem with the balancing of the game, not punishment of death.

Edited by Adfax

Never do I lose my stuff if I die near my base, or on our boat unless we are actively engaged in battle.  That and you can just store your stuff before you go jump in the fire.  People literally make fires INSIDE their base and do it.

12 minutes ago, Adfax said:

"dumb down"...What are you talking about? It basically has no impact on the game at all, other than cosmetic, and forcing people to change their characters every month, or waste time seeking a fountain which will get tedious if it requires repeat visits to maintain youth. 

Dumbed down is putting in a gimmicky mechanic for faux innovation to the detriment of the game itself. They've just crowbarred it in for the sake of crowbarring it in so that they can appear innovative. 

It doesn't belong in the game, and takes away more enjoyable features : keeping your character, keeping your appearance.

Weren't you just complaining about having to respec and re-level your character? Also it may not have applications to you but to people that fight zergs that increase in their life from dying is a huge factor.

Just because you think it is a waste of time doesn't mean it is.

5 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Never do I lose my stuff if I die near my base, or on our boat unless we are actively engaged in battle.  That and you can just store your stuff before you go jump in the fire.  People literally make fires INSIDE their base and do it.

I actually misinterpreted what you meant there.. 

It doesn't matter that people can do that?

These games have always been built around the loss of the stuff you worked for, not your actual characters. If losing stuff isn't enough of a punishment, then make it more difficult to make stuff. Simple, problem solved. No need to implement something that will make people want to outright quit the game : aka delete their character, or force them to make a new one; or completely ruin the cosmetic aspect of the game through forced aging.

5 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Weren't you just complaining about having to respec and re-level your character? Also it may not have applications to you but to people that fight zergs that increase in their life from dying is a huge factor.

Just because you think it is a waste of time doesn't mean it is.

Why are you crying about fighting zergs? If you lose to a zerg, you were going to lose anyway had they been geared. 

Had you thought that through, you wouldn't even be making that complaint. 

Also, it doesn't stop zerging at all, people will still zerg, and then just pass their exp to their next character. So basically ,it is pointless.

Edited by Adfax

1 minute ago, Adfax said:

I actually misinterpreted what you meant there.. 

It doesn't matter that people can do that?

These games have always been built around the loss of the stuff you worked for, not your actual characters. If losing stuff isn't enough of a punishment, then make it more difficult to make stuff. Simple, problem solved. No need to implement something that will make people want to outright quit the game : aka delete their character, or force them to make a new one; or completely ruin the cosmetic aspect of the game through forced aging.

Why are you crying about fighting zergs? If you lose to a zerg, you were going to lose anyway had they been geared. 

Funny how you interpreted punishment as death as me complaining about zergs? I actually don't fight many people at all except for ship battles. Keep crying about punishment for dying though.

Just now, IsilithTehroth said:

Funny how you interpreted punishment as death as me complaining about zergs? I actually don't fight many people at all except for ship battles. Keep crying about punishment for dying though.

That part wasn't directed at you. Notice I quoted mndfreeze.

On 1/5/2019 at 6:03 AM, AlexPlayer said:

Atlas is a very interesting game. It gives me a lot of pleasure to play it. But I don't want to lose a character because of his age (I mean the game development plans). It is not interesting for me to create a family in the game. I don't want to start from the first level after the death of the character because of his age.I don't think it's a good idea. To spend a lot of time on the game, and to start  each time the game first after death of character beecause of his age.

:skull: GET OVER IT I THINK ITS ONE OF THE BEST PARTS OF THIS GAME! :skull:

30 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I'm glad  for you, but I think differently. The character becomes an old man for a week of play. This is an absurd, ugly feature of a beautiful game. Zerg will play like a zerg, regardless of the aging and final death of the character. Zerg as a reason for this feature of the game is not a convincing explanation for the introduction of this feature in the future. Now it's unpleasant to look at our characters created immediately after the release of the game.

Edited by AlexPlayer
  • Like 2

please Dev's i really want to know how work this feature and how come back to my Beautiful Ennah Yembe befor she have 65 yrold 

40 minutes ago, AlexPlayer said:

I'm glad  for you, but I think differently. The character becomes an old man for a week of play. This is an absurd, ugly feature of a beautiful game. Zerg will play like a zerg, regardless of the aging and final death of the character. Zerg as a reason for this feature of the game is not a convincing explanation for the introduction of this feature in the future. Already, it is unpleasant to look at our characters, created immediately after the release of the game.

8 hours ago, IsilithTehroth said:

There is no argument here. 

There is literally no point in you posting if all you're going to post is this. It is just proof you have no counter argument. You have no real reason to want this feature in the game.

We've established all of the stuff you think having age will fix, isn't changed by age in any significant way. 

9 hours ago, Adfax said:

There is no argument here. 

There is literally no point in you posting if all you're going to post is this. It is just proof you have no counter argument. You have no real reason to want this feature in the game.

We've established all of the stuff you think having age will fix, isn't changed by age in any significant way. 

Better find another game because its coming to Atlas. You fap material avatar will get old unless you get to that fountain of youth. Next thing you know yiffs will be clamouring for full animal suits in game too.

32 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Better find another game because its coming to Atlas. You fap material avatar will get old unless you get to that fountain of youth. Next thing you know yiffs will be clamouring for full animal suits in game too.

Yet you don’t know it will take a week. They can always change stuff up. 

But it is good to know atleast someone cares about this feature. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

They should reset ages and just turn ageing off for now, by the time they put in the mechanic my char will be 500 years old. I'm already 65.