Sign in to follow this  
UDO

PVE FLAGS STIL NOT WORKING NEIGBORS LOST LAND AND SHIPYARD OVERNIGHT

as title , they  still appear to be claimable by other despite the fixes in patch notes ? as sown by the fact neighbors lost a lot of land overnight including claim with their shipyard on it 😕

no , but if the patch note were to be belieevd it was fixed flags to refresh with activity 😕 the times didnt refresh and he lost a lot of claims 

When overnight? The final fix was deployed at around 11:20 PM Central European Time. Maybe they lost it before that. Or maybe after the fix the timer was still not reset until they logged in, which was already too late. From what I've seen so far it seems to be finally fixed.

Edited by moriak

27 minutes ago, moriak said:

When overnight? The final fix was deployed at around 11:20 PM Central European Time. Maybe they lost it before that. Or maybe after the fix the timer was still not reset until they logged in, which was already too late. From what I've seen so far it seems to be finally fixed.

could be , he wa sin chat this morning saying his shipyard was gone dick move by the guys that claimed his bases items

Posted related message in bug reports myself. We had an ally check our claim timer and it was almost ran out completely after the update to 9.33, this did not change even when a member was actively standing in the claim area.

4 minutes ago, BlackIce963 said:

Posted related message in bug reports myself. We had an ally check our claim timer and it was almost ran out completely after the update to 9.33, this did not change even when a member was actively standing in the claim area.

could the fix only aply to new flags ? the devs dont give enough informatiojn so that players can act on it

Edited by UDO

The issue is here you are all assuming the 3 day claim timer is intended to be from everytime the land becomes vacant as opposed to from the very first placement of the flag. Not once has that been clarified, so how can you tell whether something is working or not?

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The issue is here you are all assuming the 3 day claim timer is intended to be from everytime the land becomes vacant as opposed to from the very first placement of the flag. Not once has that been clarified, so how can you tell whether something is working or not?

The timer is supposed to be reset every time you are active in the area.

You are 100% correct, and that would be a great thing to know is the details of what "active in a claim area" really means.

As the timer says specifically "Can't place territory claim flag: other nearby company's PvE claim flag has has recent upkeep."

So the real question I suppose should be: What is considered as "recent upkeep"?

edti: yes it says "has has" which is a typo and should be "has had" but i would settle for knowing how it works and that it works properly before complaining about a typo.

Edited by BlackIce963

Just now, moriak said:

The timer is supposed to be reset every time you are active in the area.

And where is that confirmed? Where has anyone said the 3 day timer starts from the moment the land is vacant? I'm not say you are right or wrong, but the point is there has been, afaik, no clear explanation of how the claim timers are intended to work.

12 minutes ago, BlackIce963 said:

What do you mean by "ran out"? Reached zero? Because zero does not seem to matter currently. The timer goes to negative numbers. My neighbours have -147k seconds on timer but can't be claimed.

1 minute ago, moriak said:

What do you mean by "ran out"? Reached zero? Because zero does not seem to matter currently. The timer goes to negative numbers. My neighbours have -147k seconds on timer but can't be claimed.

yes, reached zero as the recent patches were "supposed" to fix the numbers to not be negative until the claim was able to be stolen. Prior to this I know the "3 days" was ending around the -160kish range and was able to be stolen at that time.

18 minutes ago, BlackIce963 said:

yes, reached zero as the recent patches were "supposed" to fix the numbers to not be negative until the claim was able to be stolen. Prior to this I know the "3 days" was ending around the -160kish range and was able to be stolen at that time.

Here's what I think and I may be wrong but from what I gathered from here, Steam and in-game, the range of the timer did not change. It still goes from ~18k to -240k (I assume it goes all the way down to -240k because 3 days is ~259k seconds but the number could be different, which would mean it's still not working as it's supposed to). And when it reaches -240k (or whatever the bottom is) it becomes contestable. And when it resets, it resets back to 18k. The numbers are wrong but the resetting seems to work. I assume that the timer ticks from 18k down to 0 even with people active in the claim and at 0 it resets back to 18k if there are people active. If there are no people active, it will continue to tick past 0 all the way to -240k. However, I have no way to test the theory currently.

Edited by moriak

46 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

And where is that confirmed? Where has anyone said the 3 day timer starts from the moment the land is vacant? I'm not say you are right or wrong, but the point is there has been, afaik, no clear explanation of how the claim timers are intended to work.

Fix for PVP Claim flags not upkeep timer not updating properly when a friendly player is in range, should be it now guys!

yesterday bigger patch was for pve for same issue

they are meant to update refresh when u enter the active area of the claim .. end of doe that mean old flags now work of is it only for any new flags placed since patch , that is all players need to know

from patch notes 

35 minutes ago, moriak said:

Here's what I think and I may be wrong but from what I gathered from here, Steam and in-game, the range of the timer did not change. It still goes from ~18k to -240k (I assume it goes all the way down to -240k because 3 days is ~259k seconds but the number could be different, which would mean it's still not working as it's supposed to). And when it reaches -240k (or whatever the bottom is) it becomes contestable. And when it resets, it resets back to 18k. The numbers are wrong but the resetting seems to work. I assume that the timer ticks from 18k down to 0 even with people active in the claim and at 0 it resets back to 18k if there are people active. If there are no people active, it will continue to tick past 0 all the way to -240k. However, I have no way to test the theory currently.

u could be spot on here as one of our allys who moved t tundra reported flags that had minus 230k next day he was able to claim them 

Edited by UDO

4 minutes ago, UDO said:

Fix for PVP Claim flags not upkeep timer not updating properly when a friendly player is in range, should be it now guys!

I think this is just a typo in patch notes. The tweet you mentioned was posted at the same time and related to the same patch. I think it should say PvE in patch notes too. PvP claims do not have such mechanic AFAIK, no upkeep timer.

8 minutes ago, moriak said:

I think this is just a typo in patch notes. The tweet you mentioned was posted at the same time and related to the same patch. I think it should say PvE in patch notes too. PvP claims do not have such mechanic AFAIK, no upkeep timer.

they do now hence the patch notes 

19 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

And you completely ignored his point that it could simply be a typo?

nope logged in checked neighbors flags they have refreshed back to 15k