Sign in to follow this  
Joshysmithy

Singleplayer??

Is a singleplayer planned? i mean even if the map is shrunk i dont think many people would complain if it gives us a way to play 

i mean there is a hidden ark menu where you can try to play the "ocean" map, but all you can do is get into character creater

It feels like this is very much intended to be an MMO, very different than ARK... so I'd doubt a single player mode, unless you go the private server route.

Honestly I won't mind the singleplayer aspect to this game as well. You could have an offline grid in a 1x1 size for instance and just play it like in ARK. And in my opinion it would be a good idea for new players to learn the ropes in peace, or for players like me that don't have much time to play, so the risk of being raided or having to conquest with someone for a place to even build my home kinda makes me nervous all the time when I'm playing. If this is not possible, then it would be nice to have at least some sort of small instanced island for your own, that would allow you to build your home in peace without the uclaimed land restrictions, and then if you want resources, treasures or other stuff then you would still have to rival with other players or something. Then everyone would find a place for himself and still could engage with other players when he would like to do that.

Singleplayer is ruining the goal of the game. They are trying to make the community speaking and working with each others. But maybe some dev mods are going to include it.

Edited by XLR

Not really. Everyone plays how they wants. There are players like me who don't have time to play 24/h and still want to enjoy the game. Ark for instance was focused on multiplayer aswell, and yet I do have 200+ hours spent on singleplayer. Some people like to compete with others, raid each other, team up and do big projects together. And some just want a quiet place for their own to build something, explore, tame some creatures and have fun solo. I know, it's a MMO, but there are lots of MMO's around that also allow singleplayer aspect to the game, for instance Black Desert. You can team up, or just play the game solo without competing with others. And in Atlas it's pretty much impossible to play solo on a long run, because of terrain claiming. You wouldn't be able to even build yourself a house, or a boat bigger than a raft, cause alpha companies would just steal your land overnight, and as you cannot build anything on a claimed land, you're basically screwed. Same goes for the fact, that someone can just steal your boat overnight. So it would be cool to have a singleplayer instance for people like me, that just want to have some fun, without getting screwed overnight over and over again, cause it's pretty annoying if you spend few hours of your life on a pve server, and then after you wake up, you notice that all your stuff is gone. It is possible to make this game singleplayer, as it is basically an ARK in different setting. So we could at least have that option, for people who wish to play solo. Or at least an instanced island for our own, where noone would bother you and you could play in peace.