Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

Is There a Way to Know Wind Direction Before Building Raft, Boat, or Ship

4 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Is there a way to know the wind direction before building a ship?

The wind goes like a clock I believe 4hours full rotation. You could launch when the wind is Right. They recently changed windforce while going directly into wind so you can still get out of a bay or park your ship in bad wind conditions

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hackjob said:

The wind goes like a clock I believe 4hours full rotation. You could launch when the wind is Right. They recently changed windforce while going directly into wind so you can still get out of a bay or park your ship in bad wind conditions 

I appreciate the effort, but wrong answer.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, [616]RexFortis said:

I appreciate the effort, but wrong answer.

Well then what's the right answer wind doesn't stay the same all the time that's for sure.

......just use your raft to figure out current wind direction

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hackjob said:

Well then what's the right answer wind doesn't stay the same all the time that's for sure.

......just use your raft to figure out current wind direction 

Are you okay?  I'm not sure what question you're responding to, but it's obviously not mine.

• Sad 1

I think what Hackjob was trying to say is, who cares, it will be different when you're done. Just build it, then figure it out.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Are you okay?  I'm not sure what question you're responding to, but it's obviously not mine.

he answered your question with recent patch changes wind direction doesnt matter , as u can move at 30% speed against wind now  

if u want to know wind direction then stand on your raft and look ....

54 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

I think what Hackjob was trying to say is, who cares, it will be different when you're done. Just build it, then figure it out. 

wrong answer

3 minutes ago, UDO said:

he answered your question with recent patch changes wind direction doesnt matter , as u can move at 30% speed against wind now  

if u want to know wind direction then stand on your raft and look .... 

wrong answer

Why even bother replying when you have the wrong answer?  You're wasting everybody's time.

• Sad 1

ok then NO , unless u ask in global chat, not that the wind direction matters a toss anyway .....

there is your answer u trolling asshat ...............

p.s changing your question

FROM

"Is there a way to know the wind direction before building a ship?"

TO

"Is there a way to know the wind direction before building a raft, boat, or ship?"

and then trolling people when they tell u u can stand on raft that wasnt included in your original question is pure and simple asshole trolling behavior .....

learn to ask questions properly and read the answers to your questions dont change your question to suit yourself as u dont like the answers 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 3

The question was poorly worded. What he is asking is, is there a way to tell what the direction is blowing without standing on a ship (to see the HUD in the top right). My only thought would be to look at a claim flag, but I'm not sure if they actually blow the direction of the wind or not.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:45 PM, [616]RexFortis said:

wrong answer

wrong answer

Why even bother replying when you have the wrong answer?  You're wasting everybody's time.

Wow! dude... you are an unappreciative jerk.

People were trying to help you and you crapped all over them.  Classy.  Really classy. 

Edited by Dorf