Sign in to follow this  
WhiteAlpha

5 Hours upkeep timer is too short for PVE

Hello there, 

Just wanna say that 5 hours upkeep timer is too short in PVE, for the hudge tribe it's not a problem, as they are plenty, but for small crew like < 10 people, who mostly live in the same region of world, it's hard to keep logged every 5 hours, in order not to get what you have build and all those hours waste by a claim ! 

Please find a solution to deal with that problem, every day i see more new people losting their base ! 

Thanks for reading

Apparently there are some who have figured out how to cheat the timer by somehow getting themselves glitched so the body doesn't decay/die but isn't considered logged off.  Have seen this with a few of the Chinese companies plots.

1 hour ago, Womba said:

Apparently there are some who have figured out how to cheat the timer by somehow getting themselves glitched so the body doesn't decay/die but isn't considered logged off.  Have seen this with a few of the Chinese companies plots.

3 hours ago, WhiteAlpha said:

Hello there, 

Just wanna say that 5 hours upkeep timer is too short in PVE, for the hudge tribe it's not a problem, as they are plenty, but for small crew like < 10 people, who mostly live in the same region of world, it's hard to keep logged every 5 hours, in order not to get what you have build and all those hours waste by a claim ! 

Please find a solution to deal with that problem, every day i see more new people losting their base ! 

Thanks for reading

upkeep will refresh with activiyt u cant see the timers thats is all , just remain active and u are fine

Right now, we have a person on our server somehow managing to constantly refresh his claim immunity. This guy also intentionally threw down bouys to prevent resource respawn because "someone tried to take his land". On one hand, it's fine because he has to log in many many times over the course of the day to keep doing this, but at the same time, he logs in and then just logs off preventing anyone from claiming the land he isnt using.

Sometimes I wish there was a way to pvp people like this because this one is a dick.

22 minutes ago, Oslion said:

Right now, we have a person on our server somehow managing to constantly refresh his claim immunity. This guy also intentionally threw down bouys to prevent resource respawn because "someone tried to take his land". On one hand, it's fine because he has to log in many many times over the course of the day to keep doing this, but at the same time, he logs in and then just logs off preventing anyone from claiming the land he isnt using.

Sometimes I wish there was a way to pvp people like this because this one is a dick.

The PvE 3 day timer has been fixed (again). So he doesn't have to log in nearly as often. And buoys have been fixed too (according to patch notes).

Edited by moriak

He was kinda pissed about the bouy fix since he couldn't hold the island hostage anymore. The timer is showing 17k seconds counting down and it appears as though he is logging in to reset it. 

4 minutes ago, Oslion said:

He was kinda pissed about the bouy fix since he couldn't hold the island hostage anymore. The timer is showing 17k seconds counting down and it appears as though he is logging in to reset it. 

yes the timers now refresh properly ...dont see the issue here ....

Is PVE protection really only 5 hours now instead of 3 days?  I wish they were more clear with the patch notes.  I've seen 17k seconds but is that all I get?  That's definitely too short..

Thought 3 days sounded good when they first mentioned it. This 4.44 hours is much too short. 

It should be 3 days. The timer display is bugged and continues into negative numbers.

image.thumb.png.5d6ec01ee3ade78ed140ee389ba3ec78.png

Edited by moriak
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, moriak said:

It should be 3 days. The timer display is bugged and continues into negative numbers.

image.thumb.png.5d6ec01ee3ade78ed140ee389ba3ec78.png

it is 3 days , ignore the timers

Just now, UDO said:

it is 3 days , ignore the timers

That's what I was trying to say.

• Like 1

Just now, moriak said:

That's what I was trying to say.

players are far too fixated on the flags 😛

3 hours ago, Oslion said:

If he only has one flag claim he doesn't need to keep logging on and off, as long as his body is sleeping on the land then it will be protected until he is no longer there regardless of claim timers.

As long as you have someone sleeping in each zone you should be fine.  If you need more zones than that then perhaps someone that needs it should take it.

I say 5 hours because i saw a 16999 seconds timer on flag /60 = 283.316 / 60 = 4.721 hours of upkeep timer, 
So itf it's really 3 days, than it should be fine, but the timer did say 5 hours not 3 days, so that's why i'm confused and do this post ! 

I think devs should post on the forum the rules and delimitation of the actual claim in PVE, like that people know what they are fighting against and for.

new flags 100% refresh , claim next to mine was at minus this morning ,now back at 15k NEW FLAGS ONLY 

6 hours ago, WhiteAlpha said:

I say 5 hours because i saw a 16999 seconds timer on flag /60 = 283.316 / 60 = 4.721 hours of upkeep timer, 
So itf it's really 3 days, than it should be fine, but the timer did say 5 hours not 3 days, so that's why i'm confused and do this post ! 

I think devs should post on the forum the rules and delimitation of the actual claim in PVE, like that people know what they are fighting against and for.

Fresh flgas start at 17K but protection does not expire till -160,000 seconds..  Also as it stands now time spent IN your claim will make the timer increase