Sign in to follow this  
KoopaTheTurtle

Crocs, Armor and Patch

Hey team,

has anyone else found the crocs are now stupidly hard to kill? Normally either 3 fire arrows would do or a carbine + pistol shot would kill them.... now its taking multiple carbine shots (friend shooting at a level 25 croc) and me shooting at a level 19 croc broke my flintlock (fresh craft) and still was a live :L
This seems to have happened as of a recent patch and that the health and armor values of the croc has mass spiked up which isnt fun when 90% of our animal spawns are crocs :L

A major problem with most aggressive mobs is they will attack the closest passive mob, this usually triggers a full health regen while you are stood there shooting it in the face. Fire arrows were severely nerfed in previous patch but they are still ok, will take a good 10 arrows usually to kill a croc (unless it starts regenning).

But yeah, completely agree with the no fun factor, the spawn rates are stupidly high kill 10 crocs and within a few mins there will be another bunch of them making it a constant hassle just to chop some wood. Plus the fact they attack npc crew on ships which is a major annoyance because they thrash around in the water at super speeds making it very difficult to hit them and don't get me started on if they attack you in the water, there is no counter to that they will kill you in seconds.

The aggressive mobs and spawn rates need some serious rebalancing, its making the game very frustrating instead of fun, which is why we play games in the first place.

Edited by JasonYork
  • Like 4

The thing is the area where me and my friend were shooting was an area where only crocs spawn. Just in between every shot they just naturally reneged most of their HP

I would guess part of the problem stems from design vision. 

Imagine you are the developer you want to make a pirate game. When it launches everyone uses bows and arrows instead of flintlock because the bows and arrows are more effective. Your solution is of course to reduce the effectiveness of bows and arrows. 

They have however gone a bit too far with the bows and arrow adjustments mainly in the area of durability. 

The changes have modified my play style though I have a bow and arrow as usual but now also carry two pistols as well.