Sign in to follow this  
Wizzy

Patch Thursday

Would be nice if patches just came out once per week say thursdays only!!

That way our private servers are not locking out players until we can reboot

There are just tooooo many random patches that lock us out.

Please manage software releases better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wizzy said:

Would be nice if patches just came out once per week say thursdays only!!

That way our private servers are not locking out players until we can reboot

There are just tooooo many random patches that lock us out.

Please manage software releases better.

Oh lord... you didnt play ark i take it....

Other companies manage patches well not constant random every few hours locking servers up, very frustrating and unnecessary if properly manages  

With the frequency of patches, just have the admin set up auto reboot for patches. It sucks if it randomly kicks you, but at least your stuff will be up to date. This early into the development of the game, people should expect it anyway. 

I love the fact that we receive multiple patches throughout the week. It makes me feel like the dev team is actually active and really trying to fix the issues and provide us with a solid game. If the multiple reboots are an issue for your private server, switch back to official until the game is further in development and more stable. Honestly it is amazing they released the private server code already at all as the game has only just come into early access.

Hey good idea these guys have been hammering out fixes to make the game better.

Your the first idiot that asks them to stop...

40 minutes ago, Malfunktion said:

Oh lord... you didnt play ark i take it....

Yeah but that just proves that wildcard is incompetent 😂

14 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Hey good idea these guys have been hammering out fixes to make the game better.

Your the first idiot that asks them to stop...

Except they break something else every time they do a patch. Pretty much nothing has been done accept added recruit difficulty 😂 no actual optimizations 👍

This is not about stopping fixes, it's about managing updates in a non haphazard way 

I've created game and some for Activision and managed many releases, this group is like amateur hour 

I luv the game and the old ark but they need a good Chief information 

Wildcard did always what they want and when they want. There will be no difference in Atlas.

Edited by Talono

After release I agree. But during EA if a fix is ready they should just roll it out, not delay because of private servers.

Edited by moriak

58 minutes ago, Wizzy said:

This is not about stopping fixes, it's about managing updates in a non haphazard way 

I've created game and some for Activision and managed many releases, this group is like amateur hour 

I luv the game and the old ark but they need a good Chief information 

I seriously doubt that to be honest. A game developer would understand two simple concepts here:  

1. You're talking about private servers. While the devs can't ignore private servers, they can't be their primary focus. Getting fixes out as fast as possible to players on official servers should (and is) their top priority. 

2. The game is in early access and at least two years from full release. A true game dev would understand that and appreciate that a set patch schedule right now would be very hard to maintain. There are going to be bugs and issues that need to be addressed immediately. Most of the patches we've seen since launch for example have been critical bug and stability fixes that SHOULD be released as soon as they're ready. You don't hold back such fixes a week just so private servers don't have to update. That's nonsense. 

My advise? If you don't want a lot of patches don't play an early access title that just came out. 

• Like 1

I fully understand the frustrations of running a private server when there is many frequent updates. Although players only get locked out when there is a major version update which is not usually daily the multiple minor version ones can cause disruption, but are not necessary to require immediate action as it does not prevent players joining private servers.

The same issue comes with Mods too, another reason why on Ark I kept mods to an extreme minimum as every single Mod update prevents players joining a server.

However, I am playing on Official servers on Atlas so am not experiencing running a private server on this game. But I feel the regular patches need to happen, and if it needs to be daily then that is what should happen. Later on down the line they should look at Tuesday releases like they did with Ark, but for now, in the extremely early stages of EA it needs to be like this.