INVALID

Captain's Log 15: Treat me like a Pathfinder and Gimme dat Patch!

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I hadn't noticed that, that's disappointing, I was hoping sea claims would be removed.

Yea I was hoping for their removal myself especially on PVE servers.
They serve no siginficant purpose except being obnoxious, we only have 1 sea claim, but we lost like 4 land flags to 1 single sea claim flag on PVE because the upkeep was borked

• Like 1

Thanks for listening and making changes.

Here's what I hope you're working on next - griefing, hacking/cheating, extending the forum Articles of Agreement to the game.   Continued improvement on communications.  (There are too many comms channels.  Make the forums the "official" place, and use the others for fun bits, random thoughts, teasing a new feature, etc.)  Better comms on design and direction.  In EA it's hard to tell a bug from a feature.  Would help to know how something complicated like claims or companies are actually supposed to work.

More work on claims -  the new "tax" system isn't sensible for pve.  On pvp this might buy you protection from a larger group.  On pve, there's no benefit.  It only turns you into a serf.  Anyone quick out of the gate at launch gets to be a landowner, but the people who stuck with the game through all the bugs and issues only get to be serfs.   It's massively unappealing to new players going forward, too.   Not a great selling point.  Unless....see below.

Here's what I hope you're working on further out -  

The game promos mentioned towns and cities.  Give us some mechanics for those.   A company or alliance would need a leveling skill tree to build town/city buildings that provide enhancements/bonuses for them -  town hall and dock,  player run shops, better houses, better defenses, etc.  Have systems for politics, administering the place, etc.    Represent allied companies in the city with a governor, an admiral, a treasurer, etc.  This gives another goal in the game, especially for those not of the pewpew persuasion, and frees up the pewpew crowd from having to grow their own food and make their own supplies.  On pvp, the towns support the war efforts by supplying the fighters, and gives everyone something meaningful to contribute.  On pve, it provides competition through economics, and a way for everyone to do something useful rather than being a serf.  No one minds paying taxes to have a shop in a successful city where everyone comes to buy supplies, and people would rather contribute to a common goal of building a city than just hand over half their cash to an overlord for no reason at all.

• Like 2

@Jatheish woukd you be able tk advise on when player who are stuck with the PrimalGameData_BP will be able to play the game? Some people have experienced this for a long time. I am currently at day 4 now of not being able to get past that part on the loading screen.

Any advice would be appreciated if you happen to know a workaround.

Thank you and keep going

• Like 1

Since the last update, the durability and spoil times have been horribly altered!! The max durability of Tools, Guns, Armor.. Spoil timers of food , etc.. Bows are breaking after 10 shots. Anyone else having this issue?

• Like 2

Could we please get some information on when official oceanic server is coming devs? Love this game but its hard for us aussies

• Like 2

When are you going to fix spawn points? i use almost 1-4 hours trying to respawn.....

Max wild tameable is level 30. Minimum level alpha I've seen is 185. A foot soldier in plate has trouble surviving an attack from even a level 1-4 wolf. Flight is not even an option since players can only outrun turtles. With the alpha buffs and resistances, even a level 1 alpha is a serious fight for a max level tame. Unless you have the luck of spotting the alpha at a distance, the first thing you know about it is when your mount die to its first attack.

Do you not see the problem here?

If you have the luck to see the alpha first, you can make preparations but you can't actually *fight* an alpha. All you can do is cheese it by getting it stuck between trees or in a trap.

A challenging game is great, but putting Zerg in a kindergarten playground is not. The alphas in Ark are pretty good. They are tough but if you have a decent mount and decent armour, you can fight them without cheese. I ask that you use Ark's alpha stats here or at the very least, have alphas only level 1-30. Tameable levels but buffed.

Max wild tameable is level 30. Minimum level alpha I've seen is 185. A foot soldier in plate has trouble surviving an attack from even a level 1-4 wolf. Flight is not even an option since players can only outrun turtles. With the alpha buffs and resistances, even a level 1 alpha is a serious fight for a max level tame. Unless you have the luck of spotting the alpha at a distance, the first thing you know about it is when your mount die to its first attack.

Do you not see the problem here?

If you have the luck to see the alpha first, you can make preparations but you can't actually *fight* an alpha. All you can do is cheese it by getting it stuck between trees or in a trap.

A challenging game is great, but putting Zerg in a kindergarten playground is not. The alphas in Ark are pretty good. They are tough but if you have a decent mount and decent armour, you can fight them without cheese. I ask that you use Ark's alpha stats here or at the very least, have alphas only level 1-30. Tameable levels but buffed.

edit: and for god's sake... what's with animals attacking structures? Why the heck would an angry wolf start chewing on my ship or taming trap? It's an inanimate object!

Edited by TrevorJD
  • Like 1

Most if this sounds awesome but pleeeeease add better foods for some of the tames or up their percentage. We are rocking .8 per feeding on rhinos who have an insane splash range that feeding them is REALLY difficult(maybe have the chin area be a safe zone when its bola'd since you arent in a spot where the horn would hit you) and you get hardly any effectiveness because it drops rapidly each feeding. The veggies already spoil insanely fast, please buff the food or add something better. 

Also pretty surprised how squishy they are. 

• Like 1

Hello Administrators,  I’m Chinese of  ARK Dev Kit.
What is the expected release date Atlas Dev Kit?

I need your help of ATLAS Dev Kit.

Our team has a big market in the development of MODS for the ARK.

Thank you very much for ARK's happiness to Chinese players.

Edited by LongKing

On 1/4/2019 at 6:39 PM, Malfunktion said:

Biggest Issue is 95% of people never got off Island cause of bugs now you expect us to pay players a tax that could leave .... Pfft.

I sailed for 4 1/2 hours through lag to get to the next server the day the game came out.

12 minutes ago, Supernaturaloven said:

I sailed for 4 1/2 hours through lag to get to the next server the day the game came out.

We are all very proud of you, here at The Institution.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2019 at 6:46 PM, Jatheish said:

It'll be 2019, but no specific timeline to provide yet 🙂

By the Xbox release will breeding be implemented, or a larger variety of creatures?

Please just make it that ships with anchors down cannot be sunk and ships in pve not boarded by owning company decays plz and thankyou

Edit sunk by weight not other means

Edited by seruum

The update was supposed to happen on Monday, so if it is happening today in the afternoon; wonderful! Looking forwards to a lot of these changes. Love the game quite a bit.

Please make the tamed animals HP and dmg nerf specific to PVP please.  Renders them almost pointless if you nerf the shit out of tames on PvE.  You nerf dmg by 40% you make animals pointless for fighting as their dmg will be lower than players by a lot. My bow attacks hit currently for 40-70 depending on headshot or body shot.  My level 43 bear hits for 40's.  40% nerf to 40 dmg?  Yeah, no point to taming stuff now if that nerf goes live

Edited by Retarded Bird

On 1/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, fonty said:

I think there are urgent things that break the gameplay ... thousands of Chinese on European servers? ... mmm has no logic and will end up breaking the game. Make small medium groups survive ... but in the end only play the 2 largest companies.

Now that they are established on the NA and EU server, you expect them to "pack up and leave" if they setup an Oceania set. Hell, i would probably go play on the Oceania servers just because its not 100% claimed and i have a chance of getting an island. They can keep the NA server they abused

Thanks guys. Please don't get discouraged by the rough launch.  This game has AMAZING potential.  We believe in you, so just keep fixing stuff and keep us in the loop. People will flock to this game as you iron out the wrinkles!!!