So at the currect game state underwater salvage is a big gamble. You either get no underwater mods and its fairly easy but this is rare. Most cases you go down with no armor due to diving suit taking it all off and have to deal with multiple underwater mobs (Sharks, jellyfish, Eels)All making it nearly impossible to do underwater salvage. 

Your best offensive option currently is a bow but even with 30% damage increase with the strongarm perk you have to shoot about 20-30 arrows to take out a single lower level jellyfish or shark making it good for about two mobs if you dont miss(due to bows breaking after 40 shots) making them practically useless. 

What I am proposing is either two new weapons being either the Harpoon Gun which should do massive damage to underwater mods but not work at all on land, or the crossbow dealing more damage underwater than the standard bow and being more durable. Now both of these weapon are already in Ark so its a simple reskin and port to be done. Also having a better arrow type maybe some kind of underwater arrow that has no range on land but better range and damage underwater could be very usefull.

My other proposal is a skill in the pirating skill (since most of the salvage skills are in their) that increase your damage against underwater mods by 30-50% and making you more damage resistant to underwater mobs while in the diving suit only (since you cant equiped any armor with the diving suit).

Now all of these proposals being added to the game would make salvaging wrecks a lot more enjoyable and really have no negative impact on gameplay or PvP balancing. Plus everyone ive brought it up  with in the official Atlas Discord has agreed with me. I hope whoever is reading this can also agree with me. Even just one of these changes being added would make a significant difference and all of them shouldnt be hard at all to implement into the game, especially a new skill. Thank you for reading and i hope you consider this, for all of us underwater salvages we will thank you!! Happy Sailing! 

P.S. Diving Platform having only 100 health is a joke with the resource cost. A small storage box has around 50× the amount of health, literally makes no sense. Please fix.

Edited by Mobius 1
  • Like 1

This needs to be a thing, all of if. The Diving attachment gets blown off EVERY fight with it having 100 hp. Try to use it as intended to go salvage ships, especially your own if something happens, and can't get down to it (let alone back) without being swarmed by mobs. No way of defending yourself and forced to resign as all your work for the entire day just disappears.

I do think a speargun would be a great addition to the archery tree and very useful to not only hunt fish but also to defend underwater.