Sign in to follow this  
Void

Should offline bodies be a thing?

Should offline bodies be a thing?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should offline bodies be a thing? They cause serious lag in starting areas.

• Yes
    • No

I don't think they should be a thing. They cause serious lag and depending on server density can run a playthrough if you don't play for a few hours

Edited by Void

3 minutes ago, Void said:

I don't think they should be a thing. They cause serious lag and depending on server density can run a playthrough if you don't play for a few hours

Not on a PVE server btw!

I just dont think sleeping bodies should be a thing if they are trying to market this as an mmo of some kind. Having your guy sleep for a few mins after logout would be nice so people cant combat log, other than that I think it is not a good idea.

On PVP they are loot piñatas. That is all everyone is doing is looting people that logged off or the server crashes is the best the ones that log on first get tons of stuff. 

Get rid of them.  They are crap in Rust, vastly more crappy here given the numbers that the devs want to achieve.  

Offline sleepers is not PVP, it's Pvop.  Player versus offline player.  It's a silly mechanic with no real upsides unless you are a feckless tool.  As a firefighter and medic, i drop out of the game when my pager goes, which is why PvP in a game which uses offline bodies is a nono for me.

PvE it is then.  (But still get rid of offline bodies, LAG).