Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus Bloodwood

A Real Trading Company!

This game is very fun and huge potential.

We need a trading mechanic in game, immediately!  The only way to trade anything is I drop mine and he drops his, and we hope like hell each other is honest.

that doesn't work!  This game has the potential and already a lot of the tools to rival Eve in sandbox MMO universe.  BUt not having a way to trade is bad mojo.

By the way, i'm loving the game. lol

• Thanks 1

Agreed, I honestly expected a trade option to appear in the context wheel when interacting with a player. Played myself 😞

3 minutes ago, Cyrus Bloodwood said:

We need a trading mechanic in game, immediately!  The only way to trade anything is I drop mine and he drops his, and we hope like hell each other is honest.

that doesn't work!  This game has the potential and already a lot of the tools to rival Eve in sandbox MMO universe.  BUt not having a way to trade is bad mojo.

I hope to see NPC merchants you can hire.  If we're going to see towns and cities as the promos said, they should have shops in them.

I really hope they implement trading posts that we can build and have NPC's running them. it would be super cool to have a trading port and sell your excess goods. 

Umm, maybe for PvE, but in PvP, thats the point if you want to run a trading company.

You either only deal with those you trust or you bring armed guards to ensure the other side stays honest, or you dont trade.

I like that for PvP at least the trading system is real trading, not some artificially ensured mechanic.

Plus if there were NPC traders that kept things "safe" they would just be used as unraidable banks.

Edited by archaegeo

Wiat until they release the mod kits I am sure there will be something added.

At this point the mod kit is going to have to be the savior of this game.

That and some well established or trustworthy entity starting a sub based server that can hold a few thousand people. Because I am pretty sure that if you build it they will come. Hopefully someone is looking into that and are simply waiting for the mod kit to release to see just what they can do to a private server and if they could have one good enough people would be willing to pay to play on.

Of course that also depends on if someone could even do that (charge a sub fee to play on a private server). I odnt see why not but these are crazy times we live in and we dont even own things we buy....

DarksideRP currently has a 5x5 grid of which 16 squares are "public", the other 9 squares are restricted to proven RP'ers.

Of course you must RP to play there, even in the public 16 squares, but its a lot of fun and the RP rules really make PvP what it should be imho.

And its 100 people per server, so thats a capacity of 2500

On 1/4/2019 at 3:30 PM, Cyrus Bloodwood said:

The fact there isn’t a trading mechanic is one of those things that makes me think this game was rushed into EA before it was even ready for that level of release. Now before anyone starts chanting EA at me like it’s some kind of mantra that excuses anything, answer this one question:

How are you gonna release a game you want tested by players for further development, say in pre release interviews and game descriptions that you are modeling your game on Eve (by a wide margin the most complex virtual economy in existence) and say trading is a core activity in said game, and then NOT even have ANY trade mechanism in place almost a month after EA release. Smacks of rushing your game out to try to grab as much December spending season revenue as possible without making sure all the basics are in.