Sign in to follow this  
peter

content progression

so every MMO i have played so far, you can play most progression solo until end-game content (there might be some dungeons in between where you can group up with randoms)

in this game even treasure hunt is very difficult to do solo (i might do things wrong due to unbalanced skill tree)
building ship is a pain... you skill into ship and make parts... you respec into cannons make cannons... and so on until you have all parts + weapons + ammo, then respec into captain and maybe some other shit to be able to do basic content on your own

i do not want to look for progression company on PVE while i am low lvl! i do want to be able to do basic content myself... and i do not expect to be able to do end game content myself!

Yea that seems fair. The skills look like an early implementation and if people give their feedback on how they think they should work they should go in a good direction. lol like how you get the saddle skill before the taming skill of the same lvl.

2 minutes ago, Kita Kayo said:

Yea that seems fair. The skills look like an early implementation and if people give their feedback on how they think they should work they should go in a good direction. lol like how you get the saddle skill before the taming skill of the same lvl.

i had not the chance to try out taming yet because limited skill points 😞 i would love too... but also wanna ship+crew to actually play the game... and not just chop trees...

but from what it seems, the idea is that you do not need that many points to be able to ride and need much more points to actually tame (group play - which i think is implemented wrong)...

1 minute ago, peter said:

i had not the chance to try out taming yet because limited skill points 😞 i would love too... but also wanna ship+crew to actually play the game... and not just chop trees...

but from what it seems, the idea is that you do not need that many points to be able to ride and need much more points to actually tame (group play - which i think is implemented wrong)...

I think the implantation of taming is just wrong in general. you should be able to ride anything with a saddle. You just can't make the saddle or tame the animal without the skills, and you get a bonus if you do have the skill. kinda like the weapons and armor. But my main point is that this is just a framework for the skill tree and id like to see others ideas on how it could be better implemented. I'm sure the devs would too.

I don't believe this game is designed like that and it's not the only one. There is no WoW type of "end game" here - the end game is politics, territory control, bosses, sea battles with either NPCs or players. And that is pretty mixed with the "progression" (mid game) itself.

The "basic" content is making yourself a house if you can and sail raft or eventually sloop. You can do that alone. Like this guy:

Dv1d03UXQAESzCC.jpg

Dv1d-yFWsAAT0Io.jpg

Dv1d_eiX0AA1NcF.jpg

Everything else that is more complicated like for example bigger base, bigger ship, treasure hunt etc is group play. Either as member of company or "renting" land from company where they let you live there in exchange for tax. Being friendly enough you can trade with them to afford more advanced stuff if religion forbids you from joining a company and  you prefer to be solo 🙂

Edited by Sharana

At its base your exactly right. That is exactly what this game is, and it is in alpha and will get better and better as the devs keep listening to us.