Sign in to follow this  
Gloktah

Griefed during dinner

I got back on a little while ago after having some dinner, to find out that I had died, and strangely somehow my crew no longer had beds on the island we'd been setting up a base on. I manage to respawn on a different island to double check the map, then the crew log. Meanwhile I'd been gone an inactive member of the crew had apparently decided to get on and start demolishing our structures and ships. 

20190104202143_1.jpg

20190104203017_1.jpg

Edited by Gloktah

As far as I know there wouldn't even have been much we could have done to prevent this, since the ranks and permissions for crew members was seemingly bugged and stopped working after the leader went offline. 

Now after having spent the night to build a new schooner, upon logging in it's gone again as I had anchored by a freeport to get dye to paint the ship ..

This is where more robust permissions would help.  Every member should not be able to demolish company structures.  Every member should not be able to fire cannons, or operate ships, other than ones they create.  Firing on your own ships, should kick you out of the company, and AI fire at you, unless you are an Admin or Owner.  Don't make people you can't trust, and Admin.

As it sits, this game is a long way from primetime, and the Devs are disappointingly silent about any plans to address problems like these.  My guess is that they never will.

30 minutes ago, Gloktah said:

Now after having spent the night to build a new schooner, upon logging in it's gone again as I had anchored by a freeport to get dye to paint the ship ..

Ships in Freeport decay very fast. So if it wasn't sunk by exploit it might have simply decayed. Do not leave ships in Freeport for long periods of time without supervision. You can keep repairing it if you are online but if you're offline for hours then you may not find it when you get back.

1 minute ago, moriak said:

Ships in Freeport decay very fast. So if it wasn't sunk by exploit it might have simply decayed. Do not leave ships in Freeport for long periods of time without supervision. You can keep repairing it if you are online but if you're offline for hours then you may not find it when you get back.

Yeah, I realized that there is rapid decay in freeports now after looking it up. Still, that you couldn't leave a ship there for more than a couple hours seems a bit... shit. Even more so that there's no sort of notification in-game making you aware of it. 

First you can make dye.... it is easy.

Second, dont park in freeports.   

Lastly change your company settings on who can demolish.  

5 hours ago, moriak said:

They need to make that decay on a delay timer.  If you visit a freeport to buy something, or pick up a new recruit, etc., your ship shouldn't be decaying...at all.  Only if you leave it there for an extended period, and there should be information for players that make them aware of that decay, and when it will start.  LIke a little countdown timer in the corner.

27 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

They need to make that decay on a delay timer.  If you visit a freeport to buy something, or pick up a new recruit, etc., your ship shouldn't be decaying...at all.  Only if you leave it there for an extended period, and there should be information for players that make them aware of that decay, and when it will start.  LIke a little countdown timer in the corner.

Freeports are already a cluster though, but yeah I'm fine with say a "free" hour... long as u cant reset that hour more then once every day or two.

Well, so long as you actually leave the freeport, for an extended period, I don't think it would be a problem.  I am sure they can get this tweaked.  I just don't like the idea of having to avoid the freeport to keep your ship from taking damage, when you are going there to search for treasure, or buy something, or pick up a friend, etc...  They could also just make it such that you only get 3 free hours free per day, and once you exceed that, you start taking damage.  This prevents people from using it as a free place to homeport.