Bolognapwny

2x rates is a huge mistake

Just now, Loni said:

I also like it, but then someone sunk my Sloop on the PVE server I spent a day to farm and build. Then two days later someone sunk also my raft. On the fourth day I managed to build my second Sloop which was gone again this morning. Now I am on my third Sloop ready in the dry dock and I am happy that I had to spend 2 hours building it instead of 4 like before.

Point being. When the game is in a launch ready state where my shit is safe from asshole having fun being shitheads, then I am more then happy to grind a day for even a raft. 

On PvE I can understand people want higher rates, but the people in small groups on pvp saying this is a good update.. they’ll be gone from the map twice as fast now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’m fine with 2x on PvE, can be 10X even but people that play solo or in small groups don’t know that they will be gone off the map twice as fast now. It’s fine by me, but don’t come in here when that time has come to complain about it.. that will happen. 

Played ark since its realesse no complaining from me 

1 minute ago, Jaite said:

If people aren't sailing to meet other people then what are they doing? If you're pvping you're sailing to go meet other people you plan on raiding or destroying. If you pveing you're sailing to somewhere where you want to see other players actively playing.

Not everyone is as pessimistic as you.

This is like complaining because the owner of a company decides to change things at work, you have zero say either way. Either get back to work or find a new job. The megas were outdoing you before, and they'll continue to out do you regardless of the changes, you have no say either way.

Dude, I am not even complaining about the change. I couldn’t care less.

and it isnt being pessimistic. This is 3 years of experience playing ark. Nobody is going to sail around to “meet” people on these pvp servers 😂 

and if they try to do that, they are going to regret “meeting” people.

one last note. I like the Megas so I am not complaining about them either lol. I am just giving people a reality check. And there is a big one coming once the Megas get their arsenal built up.

server wipes will be a common occurrence pretty soon. They just are ready yet 😂

Wow this is a crazy, over emotional argument. They are trying new things to see how they play out live. The devs need data and real feedback to balance the game. If people could give data and how they would balance the issues without all the ad hominem fallacy's we might mold this into an amazing game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’m fine with 2x on PvE, can be 10X even but people that play solo or in small groups don’t know that they will be gone off the map twice as fast now. It’s fine by me, but don’t come in here when that time has come to complain about it.. that will happen. 

Yep. Because I will be here waiting for them when they try to come complain 😂

1 minute ago, Kita Kayo said:

Wow this is a crazy, over emotional argument. They are trying new things to see how they play out live. The devs need data and real feedback to balance the game. If people could give data and how they would balance the issues without all the ad hominem fallacy's we might mold this into an amazing game.

The Megas are going to give them plenty of data 😂

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Dude, I am not even complaining about the change. I couldn’t care less.

and it isnt being pessimistic. This is 3 years of experience playing ark. Nobody is going to sail around to “meet” people on these pvp servers 😂 

and if they try to do that, they are going to regret “meeting” people.

one last note. I like the Megas so I am not complaining about them either lol. I am just giving people a reality check. And there is a big one coming once the Megas get their arsenal built up.

server wipes will be a common occurrence pretty soon. They just are ready yet 😂

if you don't care, stop crying about it

the changes aren't that bad and they barely changed anything for the worse

the megas will continue to do what they want, the people will continue to play or quit when they want, and no one will care still

people play the game to play with other people, otherwise we'd all just be playing single player games

2 minutes ago, Jaite said:

if you don't care, stop crying about it

the changes aren't that bad and they barely changed anything for the worse

the megas will continue to do what they want, the people will continue to play or quit when they want, and no one will care still

people play the game to play with other people, otherwise we'd all just be playing single player games

Wow where did me crying come in. I already stated I don’t have a problem with the change and I don’t have a problem with Megas. Literally not a problem with any of it. Guess you don’t know me really.

i am feeding off the optimism right now and waiting for realism to sink in. 

I am not here complaining about anything. I am waiting for the reaction to the action 👍

Just now, Realist said:

Wow where did me crying come in. I already stated I don’t have a problem with the change and I don’t have a problem with Megas. Literally not a problem with any of it. Guess you don’t know me really.

i am feeding off the optimism right now and waiting for realism to sink in. 

I am not here complaining about anything. I am waiting for the reaction to the action 👍

I'm just poking holes in your arguments because most of it is illogical, quite easy to show when someone clearly has no idea about what their actually upset about

Just now, Jaite said:

I'm just poking holes in your arguments because most of it is illogical, quite easy to show when someone clearly has no idea about what their actually upset about

Not upset about anything. I don’t like wildcard but other than that I’m good.

there is another guy on this forum that tells me I need to disclose information, so as a favor to him I will inform you.

i don’t play the game and I am not a pc gamer.

so the changes don’t affect me one bit. I am waiting, however, for the changes to affect other people. 

So yeah no complaining from me 👍

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Not upset about anything. I don’t like wildcard but other than that I’m good.

there is another guy on this forum that tells me I need to disclose information, so as a favor to him I will inform you.

i don’t play the game and I am not a pc gamer.

so the changes don’t affect me one bit. I am waiting, however, for the changes to affect other people. 

So yeah no complaining from me 👍

someone who doesn't even play the game, not even a pc gamer crying about a game he doesn't play 

this story is getting real right here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manaos said:

That is the problem. Envourage solo. Is an MMO no a MassiveSingleplayerOnline. LUL.

So if 15 guys crew a ships and learn step by step to coordínate to sail ther ship, is worthless because 3 guys solo sailing 3 ships will just rape them.

Make a single player mode with all the cheats enable that you want, but don't take from us the opportunity to have a Survivalcraft CooP MMO of pirates.

Then you're playing it wrong. Why not have your 15 guys on 15 boats for an armada with npc crews? Like, your logic is so flawed. MMO just means there is tons of people online in the same world. MMO doesn't mean you HAVE to be in a 10-100 person Company to succeed. The only time you should need 10-100 people is for end game raids and bosses. Not for random exploring etc. Ya'll elitists need to stop crying if anything.

2x rate is fine, so you can build and explore. And with the given amount of ways to have your boat sunk by others, even on PVE, this will compensate for the current issues. Give people a chance to explore all the claimed islands lol.

Edited by BoneHacker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BoneHacker said:

Then you're playing it wrong. Why not have your 15 guys on 15 boats for an armada with npc crews? Like your logic is so flawed. MMO just means there is tons of people online in the same world. MMO doesn't mean you HAVE to be in a 10-100 person Company to succeed. The only time you should need 10-100 people is for end game raids and bosses. Not for random exploring etc. Ya'll elitists need to stop crying if anything.

2x rate is fine, so you can build and explore. And with the given amount of ways to have your boat sunk by others, even on PVE, this will compensate for the current issues. Give people a chance to explore all the claimed islands lol.

Because to sail solo. Lets plays solo games. Or get a singleplayer mode.

The thing was to sail with your friend in your very own ship for adventures and troubles. Name your ship, make her pretty, your home away home.

Toghether, shoulder to shoulder. Taming the seas like a real pirate gang.

What we found, is a solo sailing game, with cheat of resourse on, on very easy difficulty mode, with no survival, the crafting difficulty of Fornite...

Intead of build yo ships and chasing history, we can carft a ship each one and sail solo, or in armada mode to wipe srv from bases near shores.

I'm ok with singleplayer. And ok if a singleplayer eant to use god mode cheat im his game. But give us the survivalcraft coop MMO that was sold to us...

1 minute ago, Manaos said:

Because to sail solo. Lets plays solo games. Or get a singleplayer mode.

The thing was to sail with your friend in your very own ship for adventures and troubles. Name your ship, make her pretty, your home away home.

Toghether, shoulder to shoulder. Taming the seas like a real pirate gang.

What we found, is a solo sailing game, with cheat of resourse on, on very easy difficulty mode, with no survival, the crafting difficulty of Fornite...

Intead of build yo ships and chasing history, we can carft a ship each one and sail solo, or in armada mode to wipe srv from bases near shores.

I'm ok with singleplayer. And ok if a singleplayer eant to use god mode cheat im his game. But give us the survivalcraft coop MMO that was sold to us...

how is this a solo sailing game? why is it considered easy mode, what is hard mode? what do you consider survival?

honestly, this is just your opinion. It doesn't mean that the game caters to just you.

Just now, Jaite said:

how is this a solo sailing game? why is it considered easy mode, what is hard mode? what do you consider survival?

honestly, this is just your opinion. It doesn't mean that the game caters to just you.

Solo sailing when you singleplayer sail a ship. No need of anyone. All NPC crew and that it.

No survival. No need to eat. No need to drink. No need for healers.just día and respawn as you please. No penalty on it, it rewards you reseting your stats. No need to hard work to get anything. No need to explore for richier resourse islands. No need for trade. No need for any other person. (Multiplayer crew a ship is dumb. Better soloplayer each ship and go heavy armada) Bases? Just spawn gigants Doors that are almos free. No need to learn to sail, yo can go 100% against wind... 

Everything above is ok. In a singleplayer game with cheats, mods on. Make. Srv for that.

But give us the survivalcraft CooP MMO that was sold to us.

1 hour ago, rodarin said:

Its why games that require loss to have content always fail.

While we can cry about it being too easy. We also cant turn around and say dont cry when the ship you spent a month grinding for was sunk in 30 seconds.

There might be a balance somewhere but no one has found it yet and I am confident these guys wont find it either.

The only compromise are hard caps (with low limits) across the board on everything from company pop to alliances to ships people and companies can own all the way down the line. Maybe even a cap on resources themselves. Make it easier and faster to get them but you can only have so many of them at any given time. People dont like caps (mostly because they have the time and numbers to counteract 'having as life'). But having 'gated' (for lack of a better word) is why WoW is still king of the hill today.

We all know a full loot PvP game has almost zero chance at success. Then trying to make it easy mode is their effort to keep peoples interest a bit longer. So if a gruop gets wiped they might think they can rebuild pretty quickly and keep playing rather than rage quit or cry on the forums.

you might have heard of a game named EVE, mainly because it has been mentioned by press in the same sentences as atlas, compared to what grapeshot is trying here

if you just have heard of it and don't know anything about it:

starter ships are almost equally hard to get as a beginner in eve, as it is in atlas, yet you can insure your ships for a reasonable amount of ingame cash, and if it is destroyed you get an amount of ingame cash back to compensate for your loss

ofc you will allways pay something on top to come out where you started, but it doesnt feel as devastating for the ship alone (you cannot insure cargo which is in most cases the many times the value you get out of a ship insurance)

i lost many ships in eve with absurd amounts of ingame cash bound to my cargo. still i never was as pissed as after farming for a ship in atlas, trying to actually play the game, just to lose it after ~2h sailing around and literally doing nothing else than looking for a place to settle down.

next game, avorion, what can you do to avoid being totally back to start after losing your ship? ah yes... insurance!

atlas lacks some core features to make it enjoyable for casual gamers

i get it, hardcore and semi-hardcore players who can dump a lot of time into this, or are ok to be in a soulless mass company to avoid getting fucked over to often see their accomplishments with pride in this game, yet i have to tell ya, it aint good design to reach a broad playerbase.

so yes, there is a balance, and it has been found by many devs

i would love to see grapeshots design pamphlet on claiming and their idea of how pvp rewards and punishes players. but i doubt that it would be a long read

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, xRealistic said:

2x the gather rates, 2x the rubber banding, can’t wait. 🙄

reading this is think i just lost some braincells

I am not from a mega zerg, I have a small company on a small island with little resources and I still am against 2x resources.  During 2.5x we had way more than we needed and way too many ships that we didnt even know what to do with... so they literally getting sunk by wildlife, and our harbor looks like a junk yard.  Not to mention during 2.5x the chinese pumped out 3 galleons in a day... since the 2.5x is gone we haven't had a galleon come back.... so yeah I am for real against 2.5x.

Edited by Bolognapwny

1 hour ago, Jaite said:

someone who doesn't even play the game, not even a pc gamer crying about a game he doesn't play 

this story is getting real right here

Still not sure where you are getting me crying from but oh well. 

For someone saying I am crying multiple times you sure seem like you complain a lot.

Higher rates are better because then stuff can be easy come easy go with more fighting.

• Like 1

what does it matter right now if it takes 5 hours to farm 10 hours to farm 3 days to farm when all it takes is 3 seconds to destroy to some bad game mechanic. Let them fix the bad game mechanics before they start punishing players for them.

2 minutes ago, killahsin said:

what does it matter right now if it takes 5 hours to farm 10 hours to farm 3 days to farm when all it takes is 3 seconds to destroy to some bad game mechanic. Let them fix the bad game mechanics before they start punishing players for them.

It is not the problem with PvE, it’s about PvP. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Murreth said:

No, it's not a mistake. Please don't listen to this post.

Ya, you have low rates when a game has no content. That way they feel like they are busy, but in reality, they are just constantly grinding out the mats.

For a new game, the amount of content in Atlas is amazing. You have the treasure chests, you have sailing and getting killed or killing the dead ships. You have the PVP, building, making ships, lots of exploring. Finding resources while exploring, why do they need endless hours of grinding when the game is so fun when not grinding?

1 minute ago, wildbill said:

Ya, you have low rates when a game has no content. That way they feel like they are busy, but in reality, they are just constantly grinding out the mats.

For a new game, the amount of content in Atlas is amazing. You have the treasure chests, you have sailing and getting killed or killing the dead ships. You have the PVP, building, making ships, lots of exploring. Finding resources while exploring, why do they need endless hours of grinding when the game is so fun when not grinding?

And here you go, its not a PVE game... its not a solo sail around and explore game... its a Sandbox thats driven by conflict... conflict which is driven with ships... you want to sail around and explore with increased rates do it on a damn private server.