Jump to content

Recommended Posts

All-in-all, I think everyone here has a point since all of us have different game styles and reasons for playing. 

 

So respect to all of ya, hope u can get enjoyment out of the game as it changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

more pvp, more pve, less hitting trees/rocks/stone

the game by standard is still a huge grindfest, 2x isn't going to change the fact that it will take days just to get a ship that will sink in 15 mins

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JackViajante said:

2x is the perfect rate at this moment, you can farm, you can sail, you can build and you can lose all without kill yourself or break the PC, this game is about explore, not about to farm.

Explore for what? To see landscape? Because no need to explore for resourse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jaite said:

more pvp, more pve, less hitting trees/rocks/stone

the game by standard is still a huge grindfest, 2x isn't going to change the fact that it will take days just to get a ship that will sink in 15 mins

Nah, small ships a couple hours, bigger ships a few hours 

1 minute ago, Manaos said:

Explore for what? To see landscape? Because no need to explore for resourse

And it is the same 4 islands so if you go to the right servers you really only need to go to 4 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2x in the long run will help out overall. We can have small companies be able to build without being hurt. Big companies will always be able to build fast due to them being bigger.

Plus don't forget about hand harvesting which gives you another 60% more.

The devs are working hard on this and trying their best to make it a great game and i'm behind them on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Is there another player from a top tier company (PVP) that wants the 2x? I hardly believe so. 

The only reason to be against 2x is because the mega companies want it to be easy to stay on top.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Realist said:

Nah, small ships a couple hours, bigger ships a few hours 

And it is the same 4 islands so if you go to the right servers you really only need to go to 4 😂

And? the point is that people can explore different areas and meet other players or go and PVPVE.

It doesn't matter if you personally want to live by easy islands. Other's aren't doing what you're doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Paradigm said:

The only reason to be against 2x is because the mega companies want it to be easy to stay on top.

No? Because I don’t want it to be easy. I liked the balance and timespan needed for ships. I didn’t like it when there was the 2,5X event, I came on and there were so many new ships.. Everyone jumped on ship building. 

 

That being said, I believe that higher rates will eventually make the gap between big and small companies even bigger. Big companies always have people online, small companies do not. Now you can get obliterated twice as fast. 

 

(i’m purely speaking on ship terms, you can have the 2X but then make the ships double the cost, I liked the timespan.) 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

A schooner takes at a minimum 3 very skilled people

lol. no it is not. 1 man is enough

Just now, Percieval said:

I don’t want it to be easy. 

Drop half of resources to the ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Is there another player from a top tier company (PVP) that wants the 2x? I hardly believe so. 

Well you can always quit your top tier company and enjoy the new rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Manaos said:

Explore for what? To see landscape? Because no need to explore for resourse

Do you know the cost of maintaining s galleon npc crew ect? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Percieval said:

No? Because I don’t want it to be easy. I liked the balance and timespan needed for ships. I didn’t like it when there was the 2,5X event, I came on and there were so many new ships.. Everyone jumped on ship building. 

Whatever you say bud.  The ones that squawk about their clan being "top x" are always the ones who are scared of changes that threaten the status they think they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Manaos said:

Explore for what? To see landscape? Because no need to explore for resourse

Did you craft masterpiece items? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Paradigm said:

Whatever you say bud.  The ones that squawk about their clan being "top x" are always the ones who are scared of changes that threaten the status they think they have.

Well if you would’ve followed the other things I have posted in the past, you would have known that I want the gap between large and big - as small as possible. But that is not the easiest thing to do on an MMO. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No? Because I don’t want it to be easy. I liked the balance and timespan needed for ships. I didn’t like it when there was the 2,5X event, I came on and there were so many new ships.. Everyone jumped on ship building. 

So in a game about sailing people got boats ? Horrors

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malfunktion said:

So in a game about sailing people got boats ? Horrors

Gotta keep the peasants in line, he spent 6 hours smacking a tree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jaite said:

And? the point is that people can explore different areas and meet other players or go and PVPVE.

It doesn't matter if you personally want to live by easy islands. Other's aren't doing what you're doing.

I know you might want the pvp servers to be rp. But that will never be the case. Not with this player base lol. Nobody is sailing to meet other players. They are sailing to go raid and kill other players. There isn’t going to be the community that you think is going to happen.

everybody has it wrong anyways. It isn’t 2x for everyone. It is 4x for Megas. The Megas are going to love this change.

first off they will be making raiding materials twice as fast.

next they will be happy since the small companies have 2x they will have better stuff to steal. The Megas will take all your 2x and make it theirs. They just got a 4x boost.

their is no community here. Only death 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malfunktion said:

So in a game about sailing people got boats ? Horrors

Mind what I said. If you come online and there are 20-30 new ships laying about with 6 other galleons in the making, I knew that that wasn’t what i wanted. A galleon needs to be an achievement for everyone. You actually need to be scared of it when you see it out on sea, that’s gone now, but if the community want that.. can’t do anything about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Realist said:

I know you might want the pvp servers to be rp. But that will never be the case. Not with this player base lol. Nobody is sailing to meet other players. They are sailing to go raid and kill other players. There isn’t going to be the community that you think is going to happen.

everybody has it wrong anyways. It isn’t 2x for everyone. It is 4x for Megas. The Megas are going to love this change.

first off they will be making raiding materials twice as fast.

next they will be happy since the small companies have 2x they will have better stuff to steal. The Megas will take all your 2x and make it theirs. They just got a 4x boost.

their is no community here. Only death 

Yes. They’re saying ‘I have little time so this 2X really helps’ not knowing that in the time they were off, megas have made twice as much stuff they’re gonna obliterate you with. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Mind what I said. If you come online and there are 20-30 new ships laying about with 6 other galleons in the making, I knew that that wasn’t what i wanted. A galleon needs to be an achievement for everyone. You actually need to be scared of it when you see it out on sea, that’s gone now, but if the community want that.. can’t do anything about it. 

Pvp i can understand pve not so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just FYI: the ATLAS grid editor tool has dozens of islands. So there is a lot to explore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Realist said:

I know you might want the pvp servers to be rp. But that will never be the case. Not with this player base lol. Nobody is sailing to meet other players. They are sailing to go raid and kill other players. There isn’t going to be the community that you think is going to happen.

everybody has it wrong anyways. It isn’t 2x for everyone. It is 4x for Megas. The Megas are going to love this change.

first off they will be making raiding materials twice as fast.

next they will be happy since the small companies have 2x they will have better stuff to steal. The Megas will take all your 2x and make it theirs. They just got a 4x boost.

their is no community here. Only death 

If people aren't sailing to meet other people then what are they doing? If you're pvping you're sailing to go meet other people you plan on raiding or destroying. If you pveing you're sailing to somewhere where you want to see other players actively playing.

Not everyone is as pessimistic as you.

This is like complaining because the owner of a company decides to change things at work, you have zero say either way. Either get back to work or find a new job. The megas were outdoing you before, and they'll continue to out do you regardless of the changes, you have no say either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Percieval said:

Yes. They’re saying ‘I have little time so this 2X really helps’ not knowing that in the time they were off, megas have made twice as much stuff they’re gonna obliterate you with. 

Yep. These guys are dreaming if they think this will help them. All their stuff is going to be gone anyway.

and in that fashion they are going to be more upset because when they lose everything it will actually be stuff worth having.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malfunktion said:

Pvp i can understand pve not so much

I’m fine with 2x on PvE, can be 10X even but people that play solo or in small groups don’t know that they will be gone off the map twice as fast now. It’s fine by me, but don’t come in here when that time has come to complain about it.. that will happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No? Because I don’t want it to be easy. I liked the balance and timespan needed for ships. I didn’t like it when there was the 2,5X event, I came on and there were so many new ships.. Everyone jumped on ship building. 

 

I also like it, but then someone sunk my Sloop on the PVE server I spent a day to farm and build. Then two days later someone sunk also my raft. On the fourth day I managed to build my second Sloop which was gone again this morning. Now I am on my third Sloop ready in the dry dock and I am happy that I had to spend 2 hours building it instead of 4 like before.

Point being. When the game is in a launch ready state where my shit is safe from assholes having fun being shitheads, then I am more then happy to grind a day for even a raft. 

Edited by Loni
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×