Bolognapwny

2x rates is a huge mistake

so as a solo player it now takes me 6 hours to farm a schooner if I'm not raided I can crew it with npc that can make ships playable for me sloop just doesn't cut it vs others reason I play is for fun not to farm all day 

WHAT I CAN NEVER DO AS SOLO 

is claim and hold land like groups can so you have advantage strait away you own land if others farm that land or after midweek live on your land you get tax so if I move from lawless I get taxed on my farming and if I stay in lawless I have to deal with all the scum that come to break in every day 

least as a solo player I should be able to do in sail in a schooner ill never make a brig or galleon and I could never afford the crew to man it as treasure is hard as hell solo my gold income if mostly from floaters 

anyway that's my 2 cents there aren't many solo players that play this game but I believe the 2x rate is good for that reasons

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

A single person can man a sloop, a single person can farm for a sloop in an hour.

A schooner takes at a minimum 3 very skilled people, but more than likely 5 people to man.  A schooner is farmable with 5 people in about 2 hours.

this 2x rate bs is so dumb... a single person doensnt need to be able to farm a schooner for themselves in 30 minutes.... 2.5x was aids....

Depends on what you are looking for.  Most people did not come here to play ARK again, and grind and grind and grind, just to have a ship.  I see no gameplay value in smacking a rock ten times for a small amount of resources, instead of smacking it three times for a larger amount.  Maybe you just don't value your time as much as the rest of us.

We want this game to be about sailing ships, trading, selling, buying, exploring other islands, fighting bosses, fighting AI pirates, sinking AI cargo ships...and fighting each other in a manner that makes the game fun.  Grinding is not fun for 90% of the people.  You may want to spend 90% of your time smacking rocks, trees and plants, and 10% sailing, but that IS NOT what the majority of the people want.  Personally, I would make it 3x harvest.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

A single person can man a sloop, a single person can farm for a sloop in an hour.

A schooner takes at a minimum 3 very skilled people, but more than likely 5 people to man.  A schooner is farmable with 5 people in about 2 hours.

this 2x rate bs is so dumb... a single person doensnt need to be able to farm a schooner for themselves in 30 minutes.... 2.5x was aids....

either you have the time perception of a dog or you are just a fool to think a single person can farm a schooner in 30 mins. Assuming you had every resource you needed all near you it would still take a person hours. 

21 hours ago, Realist said:

I know you might want the pvp servers to be rp. But that will never be the case. Not with this player base lol. Nobody is sailing to meet other players. They are sailing to go raid and kill other players. There isn’t going to be the community that you think is going to happen.

everybody has it wrong anyways. It isn’t 2x for everyone. It is 4x for Megas. The Megas are going to love this change.

first off they will be making raiding materials twice as fast.

next they will be happy since the small companies have 2x they will have better stuff to steal. The Megas will take all your 2x and make it theirs. They just got a 4x boost.

their is no community here. Only death 

NEWS FLASH: If a mega wanted to wipe you off the map it'll happen with or without 2x because they have the manpower to compensate any expenditure. The only difference is you can feasibly reestablish yourself in a reasonable timeframe.

17 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

And here you go, its not a PVE game... its not a solo sail around and explore game... its a Sandbox thats driven by conflict... conflict which is driven with ships... you want to sail around and explore with increased rates do it on a damn private server.

Seems to me you dont know the kind of game you are playing. Sailing and exploration is the backbone of this entire experience. Hell, 'explore' is in that short description twice. Just because you want it to be one thing that doesnt mean thats what it is. It's not a purely PVE  game however its PVE elements are just as important, if not more so than the PVP. Treasure maps, Ships of the damned, Powerstones, etc all provide things that make PVP worth doing. Otherwise you are just fighting to pillage the same basic resources/recipes your crew could make on their own or just creating conflict for the sake of creating conflict which is shitty game design.

197349597_2019-01-0509_49_02-Window.png.3cd411c93301eff4040245fd19808a17.png

12 hours ago, AvatarRoku said:

either you have the time perception of a dog or you are just a fool to think a single person can farm a schooner in 30 mins. Assuming you had every resource you needed all near you it would still take a person hours. 

NEWS FLASH: If a mega wanted to wipe you off the map it'll happen with or without 2x because they have the manpower to compensate any expenditure. The only difference is you can feasibly reestablish yourself in a reasonable timeframe.

Seems to me you dont know the kind of game you are playing. Sailing and exploration is the backbone of this entire experience. Hell, 'explore' is in that short description twice. Just because you want it to be one thing that doesnt mean thats what it is. It's not a purely PVE  game however its PVE elements are just as important, if not more so than the PVP. Treasure maps, Ships of the damned, Powerstones, etc all provide things that make PVP worth doing. Otherwise you are just fighting to pillage the same basic resources/recipes your crew could make on their own or just creating conflict for the sake of creating conflict which is shitty game design.

197349597_2019-01-0509_49_02-Window.png.3cd411c93301eff4040245fd19808a17.png

If you want to keep giving the Megas all your stuff, the go right ahead dude. I was just giving a reality check. Some idiots think they can stand a chance 😂

personal preference I guess 

On 1/4/2019 at 10:22 AM, Bolognapwny said:

We all have jobs... tired of this lame excuse... you're lazy... thats all it is.

If the community is this dumb to think that top tier ship should be able to be farmed in a couple of hours then this game surely will die.

You know this is a game we play to i dont know "Have Fun" In.  Not go work and not get paid on all our time off.  Would much rather farm some build some stuff and adventure/pirate.  Than spend days grinding out mats and loose it in 5 min to a Whale/PVP/SoD etc... Or hell even some random sand bar you didn't see.  I dont under stand why people want to suck the fun outa games like this.  Isnt it enough that we already have a super tedious survival aspect.  That the best solution to deal with is just die and respawn.  Think alot of us here are sick and tired of the ARK grind.  And want to have some fun for a change.

On 1/4/2019 at 5:44 PM, Pirate Hawkins said:

On 26 January 2018, Darkfall: New Dawn launches. [48]

odd they would be launching new content to be bankrupt

By another company, who bought the original license from said original bankrupt  company (Aventurine).

2x is way better.  Coupled with vitamins, and hunger, it doesn't turn into the SIMS as much when you spend all day cutting down trees.  2x is playable.  1x was a soul destroyer.

Our 3x server feels absolutely right.

as long as the rate in which we lose ships to unbalanced AI ships, glitches or griefing (even in PVE) is as high as it is now, I think they should keep the higher harvest rates. 
what we see currently (in pve at least) is a lot of people building big ships, yet rarely you seem them leaving the dock. the owners are just afraid to lose the ships to griefers or the occasional AI that spawns right next to you when you change sectors.. or even a dumbwitted Croc chewing itself through it because it keeps insisting on attacking you even if you are clearly out of sight. 

currently the game is too glitchy and unbalanced.

the only thing you would have sailing with lower rates is very large tribes. and the game world becomes even emptier than it already is.