Bolognapwny

2x rates is a huge mistake

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

It is not the problem with PvE, it’s about PvP. 

it doesnt matter if the problem is pvp because its pvp that destroys them with terrible mechanics in 3 seconds and pve. I am amazed at how many players sit on these forums trying to justify game mechanics that punish player bases rather then rewarding them. Inverse game play loops are what create churn. You dont want developers held accountable for selling users a product they cant use, u dont want players to be able to be rewarded for their time invested equally or greater. Risk vs reward as they say is the thin line between fun and grief. 

1 minute ago, killahsin said:

it doesnt matter if the problem is pvp because its pvp that destroys them with terrible mechanics in 3 seconds and pve. I am amazed at how many players sit on these forums trying to justify game mechanics that punish player bases rather then rewarding them. Inverse game play loops are what create churn. You dont want developers held accountable for selling users a product they cant use, u dont want players to be able to be rewarded for their time invested equally or greater. Risk vs reward as they say is the thin line between fun and grief. 

Hopefully they won’t do that when the game comes out in 2 years then. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sydhart said:

When you put into context that many things are broken right now 2X makes a lot of sense. We just somehow destroyed a guys Schooner by placing a large shipyard in our territory. There was plenty of clearance between the Shipyard we placed and his Schooner but apparently it glitched the Schooner and it sunk. He was ready to just quit the game but we are helping to replace his Schooner and with the 2X gathering it won't take a ton of time but is still tedious regardless. 

It's early access people so just chill out. This is a compensatory measure to assist in improving the game faster.

We had this happen as well good on you for helping fix it 

Edited by Malfunktion

yea they had to do somthing to their game before it died in the arse 2xrate isnt that bad, just because you spend your whole day playing this game doesnt mean the rest of us have to now

Sadly i do agree that its a bit daft, with the 40% increase in weight for boats it should only take an hour or two to farm a sloop solo, using that sloop during the 2.5x event i solo built a schooner in 2 hours and 12 minutes and had to juggle some weight but thats not an issue now.

With it now being a permament 2x increase i coukd honestly farm the next boat up within 3 hours....

As a person who did this solo, i shudder tk think what a mega tribe could do. But the thing is it stays the same, if i can build 2 boats now instead of one. And mega tribes can build 20 instead of 10, its the same ratio. Only downside is. Theirs hurts a lot more.

Ideally i would like it reduced because it at least slows down the speed at which the big get bigger. That is all. No point making it so that in 2 weeks the big guys go to war with each other, and crash the servers. I can also picture multiple galleons etc being piloted by a single player jjst to increase the war power (which i am so looling forward tk seeing but believe the servers wont be able to handle a 20-20 battle)

2x is fine - if you havent realised how many resources it takes to keep things alive then you would not be against it. 

There is nothing fun about hitting nodes constantly and having to run back and forth all the time. Its not about being lazy its 100% about being not fun.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lashtastic said:

2x is fine - if you havent realised how many resources it takes to keep things alive then you would not be against it. 

There is nothing fun about hitting nodes constantly and having to run back and forth all the time. Its not about being lazy its 100% about being not fun.

For PvE it’s fine, like many stated before. But this makes the gap between large and small companies larger even though it seems like the small companies want it the most, but I believe they were PvE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

And here you go, its not a PVE game... its not a solo sail around and explore game... its a Sandbox thats driven by conflict... conflict which is driven with ships... you want to sail around and explore with increased rates do it on a damn private server.

In your opinion. For me it is a great PVE game. Just like you seem to ignore that there are probably more people playing this game PVE, I'm willing to ignore that some people are playing it PVP. When I find even one PVP player that doesn't look down his nose at us PVE players, then I might care what the PVP players want.

BTW, not all PVE players play the game solo. I prefer to play in small groups, it is a lot more fun that way and this game is designed for group play, not solo. But it is in no way just designed for PVP only.

There is a heck of a lot more to this game than conflict. Why would they add all the content if all they were making it for was so some PVP players can go around and offline raid each other?

Edited by wildbill

Currently, a ceiling and a foundation cost the same amount of mats. A massive gateway is almost the same cost as a small one. Its early access, it will be balanced. I'm sure they'll keep the 2x but the costs of items is going to skyrocket. It will even out, relax. I got 3k hours in Ark and Im sure 80% of that was smashing trees and rocks. 2x is a good thing unless you truly want to play this game and this game only during all your free time.

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

And here you go, its not a PVE game... its not a solo sail around and explore game... its a Sandbox thats driven by conflict... conflict which is driven with ships... you want to sail around and explore with increased rates do it on a damn private server.

For all the PVP players there is a game called World of Warships, pure PVP, so you don't have to experience the other content that is put in Atlas. Like power stones, and mini bosses, bosses, trading, flotsam, sunken plunder, ghost ships etc.

If Atlas was meant to be played PvP then why would they create all this extra nonsensical fluff that has nothing to do with PvP? Why wouldn't they just make another World of Warships?

Hopefully a Hardcore mode server is released soon. 

All those who feel the regular PvP/PvE are to "softcore" can go be super hardcore pirate survivalists over there. 

Yep it's boring now, that's killing the fun for me. Suicide ships everywhere, nobody cares about losing anything.

1x was better than now, except for the fiber and few other plants, considering some things need more fiber than damn wood, will take 2x as long as they don't adjust prices or they won't revert back to 1x but keep the fiber at the current gathering rate. However hate the fact that ships gonna be easier to get, not only that, ships aparenly gonna be up to 50% chepaer now or something after monday? which is a total joke. Insteed of makin rates higher up and ships cheaper, make them even more expensive but make that so they don't die from 10 cannon balls, medium wooden planks have 2x less health than a raft, that's like 4-5 shoots to make a hole. There won't be any epic battles between 2 ships if one gonna sink another in 1-2 salvos, the best battle is when both sides are exhausted from battle and there was a struggle, not when either side got steamrolled. There's also tha thing about trolls who sink ships with too much crew and overweight, they could just remove the crew limit and just stay with weight, each person would weight like 60-70kg, solved, and then make so weight doesn't sink ships, it just make them stop still bcs too heavy. Btw, being a pve player and also solo and somehow don't need 2x rates on everything and would want some acomplishment from finishing that schooner that planing to sail and also would wish it was not a squishy oversized raft but to be able to tank few cannon shots.

Again im amazed at all the players that come here and want games to punish players instead of rewarding players. Im curious if there are any psycho-analysis on this subject in game theory, time to go read up. I'm curious if the moment the player wants other players punished that will the player who is also punished then agree with his/her earlier self. If this is the case then is this player rewarded by the simple fact that other players are not rewarded and under what personality category does this type of player fit in and what % of the population are like this. I've started seeing this behavior type more and more in survival and certain meta-type pvp games. I also wonder if the advent of the stream becoming the amusement entertainment medium does other peoples pain now become more of a rewarded entertainment value since you can now relate it to visual stimulation and relive these situations, thus creating the game play loop between the entertainment venue and the actual in-game meta-game-play loop. 

Edited by killahsin
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Manaos said:

Explore for what? To see landscape? Because no need to explore for resourse

How do u take resources for blueprints?

Here's the thing.  A mega tribe would be doing all this anyways.  And come mon/wed they're going to be getting 30% materials from people that settle on their neutral territory without even having to lift a finger.  So they can murder me with 8 Galleons instead of 2.  Or with upper end explosives instead of spending 20 min with picks.  Congratulations.  As a solo or small group I'd be just as dead either way.

How is having more players in ships and on the seas moving about a bad thing?  More conflicts, more choices, more loot to steal, more people having fun, more action. 

Personally I am waiting to play again until they make ships so they aren't a disposable paper cup and fully plan on living off my ship exploring and looking at players bases.  Probably as a master chef focused on gathering and cooking food recipes because I think that might be fun.  And if it's a fun crowd of pvpers I encounter I might even be able to cook my way out of being sunk.  There's plenty of us that want to play and not just murder randomly.  Make the early game too much a slog and we're out and you're just stuck with other murderer types feeding off each other.

Edited by Kyorin

4 minutes ago, Kyorin said:

until they make ships so they aren't a disposable paper cup

Isn't that the main issue though? Ships shouldnt be like that. 2x speed makes sense when you have to produce a new ship each day but if that ever gets fixed then this 2x rates is just going to lead to a huge overabundance of giant ships and people will be left feeling unfulfilled. Already I feel like I've done most of everything and they want this to be a long term MMO. In my grid there are 2 islands and both are covered with mega structure bases. Where do we even go from here?

15 hours ago, Paradigm said:

The only reason to be against 2x is because the mega companies want it to be easy to stay on top.

Large companies don't care if it's 1x or 2x.  We can harvest huge amounts of stuff with a simple discord message.  All higher rates do is hurt the small guys asking for them.  Small guilds can now make ships easier, and so can the big guys.  So now instead of you losing your sloop to 2 schooners, you will lose your schooner to 2 brigs, etc.  In the end its the same. More people = more power and resource capability.

This argument will be around permanently. Some people don't like it, some people do. The only true way to deal with things is to have another server that is lower rates for those who want the harder stuff. Honestly, I enjoy the faster rates. Gives me more time to sail, explore, and battle with my ships instead of being so afraid that I may lose them to combat or a whale or something. It encourages me to take a little more risks, when I can afford to lose higher tier ships.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

So now instead of you losing your sloop to 2 schooners, you will lose your schooner to 2 brigs, etc.  

Yeah but you get to sail on a schooner.

8 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Yeah but you get to sail on a schooner.

Yeah, thats true.  I personally don't have anything against it.  The difference between 1x and 2x for me is negligible.  Just pointing it out because a lot of people on the forums and on reddit have this idea that it will somehow 'balance' things out between small guilds and alphas.  

I do NOT however, want things to get any faster.  If things become too fast you do lose the appreciation for accomplishing big tasks and just speed up the rate you run out of things to do.

42 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

I do NOT however, want things to get any faster.  If things become too fast you do lose the appreciation for accomplishing big tasks and just speed up the rate you run out of things to do.

Just wait until the next holiday. They'll raise it by 2.5x again, which means it'll be something like 5x original rates.

Yeah and it will be an all out clusterfuck for a few days to a week.  Lag city as everyone builds 24958425925872959 structures and boats.  Really wish their engine handled mass structures better.

Guys , it's a game, no one should have to farm fucking trees for hours even days , to craft a ship that is gonna glitch in sand or beach and get insta sunk after wiggling 2 minutes, in real life when you hit something on a boat, there are little dammages but you are not sunking like that .

Let those rates apply, it's far more enjoyable as you can loose your ships due to bug or shits really fast, and don't wanna go for another 20 h + grinding trees and fibber, it's a non sense post, or the guy who make the post is able to play 20/24, and have maybe a 100 + crew, what i can say to you, it lower your effective, or play less, it would be less easier than xD 

1 hour ago, WhiteAlpha said:

Guys , it's a game, no one should have to farm fucking trees for hours even days , to craft a ship that is gonna glitch in sand or beach and get insta sunk after wiggling 2 minutes, in real life when you hit something on a boat, there are little dammages but you are not sunking like that .

Let those rates apply, it's far more enjoyable as you can loose your ships due to bug or shits really fast, and don't wanna go for another 20 h + grinding trees and fibber, it's a non sense post, or the guy who make the post is able to play 20/24, and have maybe a 100 + crew, what i can say to you, it lower your effective, or play less, it would be less easier than xD 

I'm fine with the 2x but you're being a little overdramatic on the claims.  Ships are actually pretty easy to make even at 1x with a small crew other than the galleon.  If  you tame a few harvesting animals like the elephant, bear, etc you can get them out pretty damn fast.  You definitely don't need to be a 100 man tribe or play 24/7 to have a bigger ship.  Ship costs are also dropping on Monday so its extreme times two at that point.

If things become too easy mode this might as well be sea of thieves 2.0 and they should just remove ship destruction and building altogether.  There needs to be some meaning to the loss when you lose a ship in a battle, get your base raided and wiped, etc.  If it doesn't then the politics of the game, land ownership, etc all pretty much mean nothing.