Bolognapwny

2x rates is a huge mistake

A single person can man a sloop, a single person can farm for a sloop in an hour.

A schooner takes at a minimum 3 very skilled people, but more than likely 5 people to man.  A schooner is farmable with 5 people in about 2 hours.

this 2x rate bs is so dumb... a single person doensnt need to be able to farm a schooner for themselves in 30 minutes.... 2.5x was aids....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

A single person can man a sloop, a single person can farm for a sloop in an hour.

A schooner takes at a minimum 3 very skilled people, but more than likely 5 people to man.  A schooner is farmable with 5 people in about 2 hours.

this 2x rate bs is so dumb... a single person doensnt need to be able to farm a schooner for themselves in 30 minutes.... 2.5x was aids....

Correction, I am sure with the wind change you can solo a schooner now 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pew pew pew. Fornite crafting with ship. What we all want... Oh, wait...

Yeah. They are making the game so freaking easy, that is boring.

• Confused 1

Exactly, there is going to be no sense of accomplishment or pride now. “Oh, my ship sunk, who cares I got another 50 sitting there waiting to go.” 

• Confused 3

Question: What is the aim of the game?

If it is to sail and pirate then 2x would encourage that and make it easier for solo players or small companies.

if the aim of the game is to make it like having a job then keep it at 1x. Some players have jobs and lives to live and therefore this is a nice balance in favor of that.

• Like 10

Galleon used to be an achievement. Now the ship spam will be there even more, not even from duping anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Leebum said:

If it is to sail and pirate then 2x would encourage that and make it easier for solo players or small companies.

if the aim of the game is to make it like having a job then keep it at 1x. Some players have jobs and lives to live and therefore this is a nice balance in favor of that.

We all have jobs... tired of this lame excuse... you're lazy... thats all it is.

If the community is this dumb to think that top tier ship should be able to be farmed in a couple of hours then this game surely will die.

With all the griefing going on (sinking ships in pve and such) I don't mind some higher rates.

• Thanks 2

Is there another player from a top tier company (PVP) that wants the 2x? I hardly believe so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

We all have jobs... tired of this lame excuse... you're lazy... thats all it is.

If the community is this dumb to think that top tier ship should be able to be farmed in a couple of hours then this game surely will die.

I'm lazy is such a dumb thing to say mate. We have a difference of opinion on this matter. I am happy to state my view point. 

I will also not engage in assumptions about mine or your's play style or ability. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leebum said:

All the, “I have a life, I have a job.” excuses are just lame. So do the vast majority of the rest of us. I have a family and full time job and only get to play an hour or two most days if I’m lucky but I’m still against the 2x. What’s the point of fast forwarding through a game? You wouldn’t fast forward through a movie just because you have a life and a job. 

Fast forwarding through a map so big it takes hours to travel. the main aim is not spending hours building but rather exploring and travelling.. it seems.

• Like 1

simple solution, you do  not like  2x then throw 1/2 of your stuff on the ground after you collect it, problem solved. 

Edited by Pirate Hawkins
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

simple solution, you do  not like  2x then throw 1/2 of your stuff on the ground after you collect it, problem solved. 

Casuals will destroy this game....

Darkfall

This game is not for casuals literally a game out right now for you weebs to go play called Sea of Thieves.

Edited by Bolognapwny
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Darkfall

On 26 January 2018, Darkfall: New Dawn launches. [48]

odd they would be launching new content to be bankrupt

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Leebum said:

That is the problem. Envourage solo. Is an MMO no a MassiveSingleplayerOnline. LUL.

So if 15 guys crew a ships and learn step by step to coordínate to sail ther ship, is worthless because 3 guys solo sailing 3 ships will just rape them.

Make a single player mode with all the cheats enable that you want, but don't take from us the opportunity to have a Survivalcraft CooP MMO of pirates.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Its why games that require loss to have content always fail.

While we can cry about it being too easy. We also cant turn around and say dont cry when the ship you spent a month grinding for was sunk in 30 seconds.

There might be a balance somewhere but no one has found it yet and I am confident these guys wont find it either.

The only compromise are hard caps (with low limits) across the board on everything from company pop to alliances to ships people and companies can own all the way down the line. Maybe even a cap on resources themselves. Make it easier and faster to get them but you can only have so many of them at any given time. People dont like caps (mostly because they have the time and numbers to counteract 'having as life'). But having 'gated' (for lack of a better word) is why WoW is still king of the hill today.

We all know a full loot PvP game has almost zero chance at success. Then trying to make it easy mode is their effort to keep peoples interest a bit longer. So if a gruop gets wiped they might think they can rebuild pretty quickly and keep playing rather than rage quit or cry on the forums.

When you put into context that many things are broken right now 2X makes a lot of sense. We just somehow destroyed a guys Schooner by placing a large shipyard in our territory. There was plenty of clearance between the Shipyard we placed and his Schooner but apparently it glitched the Schooner and it sunk. He was ready to just quit the game but we are helping to replace his Schooner and with the 2X gathering it won't take a ton of time but is still tedious regardless. 

It's early access people so just chill out. This is a compensatory measure to assist in improving the game faster.

• Like 4

2x is the perfect rate at this moment, you can farm, you can sail, you can build and you can lose all without kill yourself or break the PC, this game is about explore, not about to farm.

• Like 5

Also, there won't ever be a good balance when you take into account there are a lot of people that have zero honor and integrity, don't care about anyone else but themselves, and enjoy causing pain to others. Until they add some kind of consequences such as bounties and/or NPC guards that attack on site, etc, the 2X is needed. 

40 minutes ago, Leebum said:

some one gets it can spend more time at sea laying the game exploring chasing treasure maps

• Like 3