Sign in to follow this  
ryannmeyer

Thoughts

What I think is even though we have experienced a bumpy start that's no reason to be rude to the developers or label the game unplayable due to a few small issues. The game has just recently come out, and like Ark survival does have a some slight issues when it came out but that's no reason to fuss over such potential. Atlas to me is amazing I have always wanted to play a beautiful pirate like survival game. 

3 hours ago, Realist said:

This stuff is good for pve yes. Not for pvp.

i know some people are still idealistic but in all reality what will happen with the taxation zone is it will he set to 1/3 of your rates, no longer making you are actual pirate.

theb after you build a base on the land and have a lot to lose they will start charging you another fee that you give directly to them aside from the taxation. 

The reason for this side charge will be a threat to wipe and now that you have a base finally you definitely have something to lose. You will definitely pay the price and if not they will just wipe you and take the land back.

some might say that wouldn’t be beneficial for them but yes it will, there won’t be any shortage of beach bobs nedding a place to live, so nobody is going to be special.

just wait till they decide to take it back 👍

Well then get good don't let them tax you. Or simply move away there's loads of space.

• Like 3

People like to complain, especially about the things they care about or are invested into.

• Like 1

For real. There's still those people that just complain to complain though sadly maybe someday survival of the fittest and natural selection will rid us of them lol.😂

Well i mean, yea some do it just do it. A few lurk around these waters for that very purpose (not naming names 🤐) but in terms of player interest silence is far worse than torches and pitch forks. It means people don't even care enough to voice their opinion.

Edited by Nari

12 minutes ago, ryannmeyer said:

What I think is even though we have experienced a bumpy start that's no reason to be rude to the developers or label the game unplayable due to a few small issues. The game has just recently come out, and like Ark survival does have a some slight issues when it came out but that's no reason to fuss over such potential. Atlas to me is amazing I have always wanted to play a beautiful pirate like survival game. 

Well then get good don't let them tax you. Or simply move away there's loads of space.

Definitely not loads of space 

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

Definitely not loads of space 

New islands can be patched in, the cluster could be expanded, or they could simply open up 4 more servers.

3 minutes ago, Nari said:

New islands can be patched in, the cluster could be expanded, or they could simply open up 4 more servers.

Oh you are talking about the future. Ah ok I see the misunderstanding now. I was talking about the present.

and I seriously doubt they will add more servers when all of their servers are only at about 25% capacity. They will be paying a lot more mo way just so some people can claim land? Highly doubtful. Many more people would have to buy it before they put out more money.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Oh you are talking about the future. Ah ok I see the misunderstanding now. I was talking about the present.

Do you even still own and play the game or are you just here to make the irony of this thread obvious?

1 minute ago, Nari said:

Do you even still own and play the game or are you just here to make the irony of this thread obvious?

No I don’t play. But you kind of hopped in on a conversation that had nothing to do with the future or what might be. It was a here and now kind of conversation 

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

No I don’t play. But you kind of hopped in on a conversation that had nothing to do with the future or what might be. It was a here and now kind of conversation 

That quote was not present when OP I commented. It was edited in. Correction: there appears to be no edit but it certainly wasn't loaded when I made my first 2 comments.

Edited by Nari

As the older generation of gamers who grew up on diablo 2, everquest, classic wow, all grow older and the younger generation take the market place this has become the norm.  The we want everything NOW and with NO RISK and NO EFFORT  GIMMIEGIMMIE, this is TOOOOO HARRRD LOWLUZOR #something something salty tears  OMGAU?L where iz my skinSS!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

As the older generation of gamers who grew up on diablo 2, everquest, classic wow, all grow older and the younger generation take the market place this has become the norm.  The we want everything NOW and with NO RISK and NO EFFORT  GIMMIEGIMMIE, this is TOOOOO HARRRD LOWLUZOR #something something salty tears  OMGAU?L where iz my skinSS!

Its sooooooooooo true hahahahahahaah

9 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

It is known.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

As the oldest generation of gamers, we who had to copy type the code for the game line by line from printed magazines or load the games from tape adjusting the head alignment on the tape deck with a small screwdriver and patches were something our mothers sewed onto our genes to cover the holes, we are smiling indulgently at you right now with your salty wisdom

Edited by Badkebab

13 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

Well that's the issue isn't it, you're old and the younger people obviously like different things compared to you and your time. Funny how that works right?

Games and companies need/should to adapt to what the current consumers want. A lot of people don't care about struggling to feel like they've achieved something, this is something the older generation values a lot. They like it when they've broken 2 bones cause they thought they worked real hard while the young guy avoided hurting himself doing it another easier way. But in the end, the oldies will still say no risk, no effort, suffersuffer everyone needs to sufffer because I had to.

Funny how that works doesn't it.

I still can't get over how awful  the characters move in the game.  Its like the character and its surrounding don't mix together.  Its just terrible.  Rework how the character moves or something. It just feels bad.       

The seas look pretty good.  i do like that part.  but  again  It just has a bad fake feeling  of how you move throughout the game.  For me it makes it unplayable.