Sign in to follow this  
Loni

Are the developers aware of the ship sinking griefers on PVE?

Went to bed after I finished my work on my first Sloop. The next day I got online it was gone. Is there a workaround to this issue or Am I not allowed to release my next Sloop from the dry dock...

Thankfully the gather rates are increased now so rebuilding it again took like 2 hours, but I am sure as hell not looking forward on repeating it every day only because some pathetic asshole takes pleasure in being a toxic piece of shit.

Edited by Loni

Keep anything that has an open inventory off the deck (campfire, smithy, etc).  Then the only way they can overburden your ship is to load up a player.  So park it off shore a bit to at least make it a colossal pain in the butt for them, maybe they will just pass.  They are also increasing the load capacity on ships by 40% so it should become MUCH harder for griefers to do it  Maybe some of this will help.

Edited by Olthoi
Wording

I have found that you can sink a boat just by having 1 too many "crew" members. Doesn't even matter if the weight is low. I found that by trying to add 2 chickens to my sloop with 2 people and 2 chickens and a max of 3 crew it started sinking. So sadly that means its very easy to sink someone's small boat.  😞 

53 minutes ago, randiladywolf said:

I have found that you can sink a boat just by having 1 too many "crew" members. Doesn't even matter if the weight is low. I found that by trying to add 2 chickens to my sloop with 2 people and 2 chickens and a max of 3 crew it started sinking. So sadly that means its very easy to sink someone's small boat.  😞 

You are misusing innocent chicken, i will report you to Greenpeace 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Talono said:

You are misusing innocent chicken, i will report you to Greenpeace 😉

Yes especially since we were forced to slaughter one of them. lol

The same mechanic comes in handy. someone parked a raft in front of our claimed land and we couldn't put down a shipyard. We had to load up and get on the raft to sink it. If it wasn't for that option we would have been screwed and unable to build boats on our own claim.

so assuming they increase the weight, and they remove players limit sinking boats. Anybody else with that situation will be screwed. People tend to abandon rafts all over the damn place.

7 hours ago, randiladywolf said:

THAT'S why Moana took the chicken but left the pig. She didn't want to sink her canoe.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Nokim said:

The same mechanic comes in handy. someone parked a raft in front of our claimed land and we couldn't put down a shipyard. We had to load up and get on the raft to sink it. If it wasn't for that option we would have been screwed and unable to build boats on our own claim.

so assuming they increase the weight, and they remove players limit sinking boats. Anybody else with that situation will be screwed. People tend to abandon rafts all over the damn place.

Maybe they can resolve that by make deteriotation fast for rafts in enemy territory.

40 minutes ago, Nokim said:

Then the problem will be left and ppl will just swarm over the place with few hunderets of stones or just hop on with full company. There must be another way, otherwise why bother building any ship.

Le problème vient des joueurs qui sont cette technique pour les bateaux et les piller alors que nous sommes sur un serveur PVE. il faut qu'un joueur ne puisse pas monter sur les bateaux qui n'appartienne pas au clan. J e viens de un bateau et Perdre un vol-ci Comme Celui

Edited by keyso

I think that if a ship is left off the coast but inside your claim area and the crew all log off you should receive certain rights to plunder/destroy it. Obviously if there are active crew on board this should not apply and perhaps a timer, such as an hour, should be in place to prevent people losing stuff due to glitches and crashes but I have had people anchor up just outside my shipyard exit and log out and I am unable to get my ship out because they blocked the exit in my own claim.