Sign in to follow this  
Mega

Is Aging faster than intended?

Game launched a couple weeks ago and already all the characters created around launch are in their 50's. I recall a developer stating that your character aging from 20 to 100(death) would take 3 months, and the mechanics to prevent death or to create a lineage were not yet in the game. Given the timeframe, we're aging about twice as fast as we should. If it takes 3 months to age 80 years, why have 35+ years passed since launch less than 2 weeks ago?

Lol, I was just going to start a topic on aging. Those of you that started with young looking chars from the start (age 20)  What age is your character now and how do they look?

I somehow have a feeling they have aging boosted to get the full aging looks effect to see how it goes before implementing the full system and such. Sooo, how do your chars look now as apposed to when first created? lol

Last I checked, my character was 51 or so and I have around 105+ hours in-game. I don't understand why the aging mechanic was implemented before giving us a way to stop the aging process. I don't like the idea of running around with a wrinkly old man for the next few months, it serves no purpose whatsoever at the moment. 😕

1 hour ago, Liatni said:

Sooo, how do your chars look now as apposed to when first created? lol

Imagine this but take away 33 years. Also, I dyed my hair to match the wrinkles.

wrinkles.png

All this means is they will implement the aging system officially and we will all keel over dead on log in. ;)

Honestly at this point, it is not a really big deal because the game is so early in its development. There will be several complete server wipes throughout the process so getting too attached to anything at this point is probably a bad idea. For me, I am just enjoying the game as it comes and will roll with whatever happens.

Just think once you hit a hundred you'll be able to say to new players.

Why when i was you age we had to deal with things like cros the size of elephants that could eat you right off the middle of your boat below deck without even putting a hole in the ship, and you rember that tale of the boy that cried wolf, well anyone that didn't cry wolf at the time was dead from em...boy those were the days, not this land lubbering safty you all have today. ect