Sign in to follow this  
kolpo

Game is moving in the right direction

1 hour ago, kolpo said:

When yields are higher and ships are cheaper should  people play like many EVE players: Always have the resources/gold to replace your ship several times. Don't upgrade too fast.

This would be perfect. Unfortunately there is no safe PVE area like in Eve to build a stock of ships and relax in your base preparing your next trip into the dangerous PVP zones.

It is always completely down to zero, you find yourself without base, land or ship naked in a freeport.

• Like 1

LMAO you guys. You cant have it both ways. You cant cite 'work' and holidays to make a point in one direction and then the same work and holidays to explain the opposite. Well you can because youre white knights on a forum.

There were 200K plus people lined up on twitch the night it was originally supposed to launch. 30 minutes after it was supposed to launch they made the (predictable) announcement it wasnt coming.

Then they had the second (non) launch. Then FINALLY the 'real' launch. There were still more people than their start zones could handle trying to get into the various servers. They somehow managed to get over 30K people online. Numbers rose over the next few days and they peaked on New Years day. Since then numbers have gotten lower and lower each successive night. While some of the excuses might be valid its not likely.

But like I said they might tickle 50 again.  If they have some super special reason to log in.

As for people 'waiting' The game was 17% off immediately, basically begging people to buy it. Even if people were going to wait to play they probably bought it since it was basically 5 bucks off. 25 is a lot easier to excuse than 30 and there had seemed to be some improvement to it.

But in the end population as a whole isnt something to cite in an opinion based topic like this. I said it when it first got hyped. Theyll get 100K people (I wasnt even close) and within a month or so they wont have 25K playing it. Still a couple weeks before the month hits. But even a 'prediction' like that fails to take into account a mid sized group of niche players who will stay regardless. But I suspect the ARK denizens who are maybe still playing will be going back to ARK (and probably already have).

Game has potential to be decent but track record with Wildcard and Ark make expectations very low.

1 hour ago, kolpo said:

When yields are higher and ships are cheaper should  people play like many EVE players: Always have the resources/gold to replace your ship several times. Don't upgrade too fast.

When ships become hardened, and have some sort of reliable protection while unmanned, and thus remain in your inventory for days and weeks on average, they can make ships expensive to create.  However, right now, people are leaving the game because they work like a slave to build their ship, kit it out, and set sail one say, then come back the next day to see that one person sank it because it is completely vulnerable, and super easy to sink, and ours was sunk by one guy on shore, while the ship was fully manned with NPCs on the cannons, and on Neutral, and yet they never fired a shot.  LIkely because the guy attacked from the shore, out of the firing arcs of the guns, or used a grappling hook to board it, and set it on fire.  Either way, we went there to find him on the shore, on a bear.

So because the ships are so easy to sink, they need to be equally easy to build.  What would have been better would have been to have the defense of ships already worked out.  My feeling is that we should have a claim flag that is not easily capture-able, that must be placed within a set number of feet of the shoreline, and marks that area as your port, and makes unmanned ships in that area, invulnerable.  Board the ship and it loses that protection.  This should not make them unraidable, but the NPCs should attack any intruder that board the ship.  But this requires really good AI mechanics.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manaos said:

Yeah... Well in our alliance we are small. All  came from the same game and the biggest is almost 300 pirates right now...

We were almost 400 in our peak in Life is Feudal. The prob is We were specting something more simulation. Sailing shoulder to shoulder, one guy per cannon, a few reparing, lookouts, a cap, a chef, a médic... Allá working toghether to build or basr and our ship.

We kick out the hostiles company from the island in 2 days. Build a base and a bunch of ships and we can solo sail everything.

Hard to find more fun in doing everything solo, than coordínate with yours Friends in sails, rudder, cannons, sailing toghether for tresures, boarding/being boarded ships, fighting to keep a alive your beloved ship.

"Meh. It sunk. Had 12 more in base..."

No need for medics. No need for cooking. No need to eat. No need to drink. Just die and respawn all you need.

Lests hope for an Survivalcraft srv in future. The game is alot more childish than we spec. 

I think you still have to different roles because not everyone is going to be max level and it's not going to be easy to get there anyway. I'm only level 31 on official and i've played 40-50 hours. Trust me sailing a ship and firing the cannons will be hard against ships of the damned.

3 hours ago, xRealistic said:

I love how some people use the term MMO and they don’t even know what it means. MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online. Where is the Single Player in that? It’s not a SPO, it’s an MMO. 

MMO alone doesnt mean anything. its na mmorpg, being massive multiplayers online doesnt mean a things, if its doesnt please all kind of types. Mr. Ph.D in mmo's. There are people who like to enjoy the game and dont have time to, needs to be for all kind of people, atm this is only for hardcore players. And an MMO cant be for 1type only. get your things right mister, because you are not only one in the world. 

2 minutes ago, Zaki said:

MMO alone doesnt mean anything. its na mmorpg, being massive multiplayers online doesnt mean a things, if its doesnt please all kind of types. Mr. Ph.D in mmo's. There are people who like to enjoy the game and dont have time to, needs to be for all kind of people, atm this is only for hardcore players. And an MMO cant be for 1type only. get your things right mister, because you are not only one in the world. 

You are the exact type of person I was referencing. You see MMO and think that is just universally short for MMORPG, which it is not. You come here expecting to find a game like WoW and when you find out it’s not you get mad because “they lied”, even though they didn’t. Just because it’s an MMO does not mean it’s also an RPG. 

7 hours ago, Realist said:

This stuff is good for pve yes. Not for pvp.

i know some people are still idealistic but in all reality what will happen with the taxation zone is it will he set to 1/3 of your rates, no longer making you are actual pirate.

theb after you build a base on the land and have a lot to lose they will start charging you another fee that you give directly to them aside from the taxation. 

The reason for this side charge will be a threat to wipe and now that you have a base finally you definitely have something to lose. You will definitely pay the price and if not they will just wipe you and take the land back.

some might say that wouldn’t be beneficial for them but yes it will, there won’t be any shortage of beach bobs nedding a place to live, so nobody is going to be special.

just wait till they decide to take it back 👍

Thats not a gameplay mechanic its extortion. I think that some people will do that and they will create their own enemies. I think alot of people are confusing the interesting things that can and do happen, with bad gameplay. You can't have all the good stuff with out all the bad stuff. If you feel like that type of gameplay is very bad then find other people who agree with you and work to remove those types of groups. That sounds like content all its own. Dealing with other people is one of the things that makes this game so interesting. But people are not a gameplay mechanic. They are whats creating the emergent gameplay that we all want and expect. You may have played ark but if you haven't played EvE you are going to have to learn again.

1 minute ago, xRealistic said:

You are the exact type of person I was referencing. You see MMO and think that is just universally short for MMORPG, which it is not. You come here expecting to find a game like WoW and when you find out it’s not you get mad because “they lied”, even though they didn’t. Just because it’s an MMO does not mean it’s also an RPG. 

I'm not gonna argue with you kiddo. xD you funny pirate. Keep mashing the Wall with your head. You must be right.

2 minutes ago, Zaki said:

I'm not gonna argue with you kiddo. xD you funny pirate. Keep mashing the Wall with your head. You must be right.

i feel like you are not worth responding too because everything you say just convinces me that talking to you won't result in anything meaningful. Thats a nice way of calling you a troll.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Talono said:

This would be perfect. Unfortunately there is no safe PVE area like in Eve to build a stock of ships and relax in your base preparing your next trip into the dangerous PVP zones.

It is always completely down to zero, you find yourself without base, land or ship naked in a freeport.

This is a great point but it is wrong. You can actually spawn on a lawless server and those servers can not be claimed. You can build but after three days off the server anyone can demolish the structures. You can not spawn on a Lawless Island so you have to build a raft and put it on the edge of the island to spawn there. These places looks like trailer parks. Alot of the people on the island just want to build ships and sail away but others are permanent residece just living on the interior and then spawning on one of the many rafts littered around the island with a bed on it. There are griefers on these islands and griefers looking to sink some ships docked up there. But if you could build a schooner in a freeport then maybe you cold live out of a freeport. I know they are planning to allow people to make sloops in freeports.

32 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

Thats not a gameplay mechanic its extortion. I think that some people will do that and they will create their own enemies. I think alot of people are confusing the interesting things that can and do happen, with bad gameplay. You can't have all the good stuff with out all the bad stuff. If you feel like that type of gameplay is very bad then find other people who agree with you and work to remove those types of groups. That sounds like content all its own. Dealing with other people is one of the things that makes this game so interesting. But people are not a gameplay mechanic. They are whats creating the emergent gameplay that we all want and expect. You may have played ark but if you haven't played EvE you are going to have to learn again.

Not sure if they had Megas on eve but the Megas on ark are still around because it doesn’t matter if you try to rebel. They have been around the whole time and they will still be there later.

it will be the same with atlas 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wakko151 said:

This is a great point but it is wrong. You can actually spawn on a lawless server and those servers can not be claimed. You can build but after three days off the server anyone can demolish the structures. You can not spawn on a Lawless Island so you have to build a raft and put it on the edge of the island to spawn there. These places looks like trailer parks. Alot of the people on the island just want to build ships and sail away but others are permanent residece just living on the interior and then spawning on one of the many rafts littered around the island with a bed on it. There are griefers on these islands and griefers looking to sink some ships docked up there. But if you could build a schooner in a freeport then maybe you cold live out of a freeport. I know they are planning to allow people to make sloops in freeports.

Well i changed just like you suggested to lawless, people in the „Ghetto“ seem quite nice and peaceful, although there are trolls, but it is not very meaningful to rob a beggar 😛The Ghetto is overcrowded major win is a free 1x1 spot to place a foundation.

Cool spot to build a cannon... can this be placed on a raft ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Realist said:

Not sure if they had Megas on eve but the Megas on ark are still around because it doesn’t matter if you try to rebel. They have been around the whole time and they will still be there later.

it will be the same with atlas 

Not sure i get your point. Of course they are around. Its an effective strategy to work together with other people.

I dont mind the change but I think it was the wrong fix for the issue. The issue is boats are incredibly fragile and you constantly have to replace them. 2x makes it easier to replace them sure but rather than spamming big expendable ships I think it would be a lot cooler if you had scarier, harder to build big ships with much more of a sense of permanence. Imagine if you had galleons that lasted more than a couple of days and earned a reputation like we see in history where every era has some renowned ships that make sailors worldwide poop themselves. The opposite is true in Ark, the bigger the ship the more eager people are to hunt it down for an easy kill.

Edited by MightySheep
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Talono said:

Well i changed just like you suggested to lawless, people in the „Ghetto“ seem quite nice and peaceful, although there are trolls, but it is not very meaningful to rob a beggar 😛The Ghetto is overcrowded major win is a free 1x1 spot to place a foundation.

Cool spot to build a cannon... can this be placed on a raft ?

now you should be looking for people to develop a relationship and eventually merge.

Show all the guys naming every day of the week as an excuse as to why the population was cratering.

Isnt Friday a weekend night? Didnt they just drop a majorly easy mode friendly update? If dso why is it they didnt reach 48K people last night. Even I thought they could possibly hit 50K again. which I guess they still might. But last night everyone got to experience the new changes so if they didnt like them they wont be back. I suppose more might show up tonight but who knows. Monday brings even more easy mode ship building (if it happens on time) but of course thats a week night so no one will be able to play.

But another night another bunch of mega companies offline raiding small groups to 'create content'. And then you have these guys complaining about having to blow down walls so they can then shoot undefended ships. So no there is no way this game will ever move in 'the right direction' because these games bring out the absolute worst in people. And its on display 24 hours a day with these guys who are getting paid to play this trainwreck.

3 hours ago, rodarin said:

Show all the guys naming every day of the week as an excuse as to why the population was cratering.

Isnt Friday a weekend night? Didnt they just drop a majorly easy mode friendly update? If dso why is it they didnt reach 48K people last night. Even I thought they could possibly hit 50K again. which I guess they still might. But last night everyone got to experience the new changes so if they didnt like them they wont be back. I suppose more might show up tonight but who knows. Monday brings even more easy mode ship building (if it happens on time) but of course thats a week night so no one will be able to play.

But another night another bunch of mega companies offline raiding small groups to 'create content'. And then you have these guys complaining about having to blow down walls so they can then shoot undefended ships. So no there is no way this game will ever move in 'the right direction' because these games bring out the absolute worst in people. And its on display 24 hours a day with these guys who are getting paid to play this trainwreck.

I feel like you have never really played this game but like to watch streams.

1 hour ago, wakko151 said:

I feel like you have never really played this game but like to watch streams.

I dont 'like' to watch streams I do it to see whats going on, and its basically how I described it. If it isnt an American zerg its a foreign one. But how does that change naything? Streamers are in about 80% of the maps or have been so those 25-30 maps they just havent gotten to yet are somehow going to be different?

Still doesnt change the fact the population in this game is pathetic and getting worse. But overall thats not a bad thing in the long run. A decent 25 on 25 and a few ships is basically all the servers could handle I suspect. So having fewer people but more dedicated will more than likely improve the gameplay a lot.

If people ARE NOT getting harassed while theyre offline by someone then theyre so far away from people they might as well be on a PvE server though. I watch streams from everyone left that is streaming it theyre all over the map (thanks to bed porting) and theyre constantly looking for the next victim. be it the Americans, the Chinese, the Brazilians or Pick anyone playing on the US servers. Even some German and french groups were (not sure if they left or not) NA PvP server.

No I am not disagreeing with you. I just don't think you understand that this game was always going to be that way. If you would like it to be different you could get your own server and tweak the settings. But I have this strange feeling you will just keep freaking out on the forums with all the others disapointed this game wasn't what they thought it was going to be.

Myself, I am going to enjoy the game for what it is.... An unforgiving bug ridden pvp nightmare that I can't wait to struggle through every day. Because no other game allows me to give a crap, the ups and the downs, like this game. I never know whats going to happen day to day. I like adapting to a changing environment. I like figuring out how to make my life easier by problem solving. Logistics is not fun. But without it then stealing, robbing, raiding, wiping.... would not mean anything. Its the loss that makes the wins that much sweater.

Sorry you don't feel the same way. Try fortnite.

Edited by wakko151

Just FYI - a lot of people seem to be assuming that small group and solo play =easy mode and vice versa.  The people who don't like easy mode jump right away to blaming the ones who want good gameplay for smaller groups.  They aren't the same thing, you know.  There's a lot of ways to make good game mechanics for a game that includes large/small/solo play that don't have to be easy mode.  They're two different things.  You can argue against one without arguing against the other.

I like small groups.  Not a big fan of easy mode, though.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:51 PM, Manaos said:

Yeah... Well in our alliance we are small. All  came from the same game and the biggest is almost 300 pirates right now...

We were almost 400 in our peak in Life is Feudal. The prob is We were specting something more simulation. Sailing shoulder to shoulder, one guy per cannon, a few reparing, lookouts, a cap, a chef, a médic... Allá working toghether to build or basr and our ship.

We kick out the hostiles company from the island in 2 days. Build a base and a bunch of ships and we can solo sail everything.

Hard to find more fun in doing everything solo, than coordínate with yours Friends in sails, rudder, cannons, sailing toghether for tresures, boarding/being boarded ships, fighting to keep a alive your beloved ship.

"Meh. It sunk. Had 12 more in base..."

No need for medics. No need for cooking. No need to eat. No need to drink. Just die and respawn all you need.

Lests hope for an Survivalcraft srv in future. The game is alot more childish than we spec. 

LiF is super softcore compared to atlas and i don't see why you're complaining. There will certainly be need for food and drink and medics in the future, but i don't think we'll ever get offline protection, town claims, or karma system. 

21 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

LiF is super softcore compared to atlas and i don't see why you're complaining. There will certainly be need for food and drink and medics in the future, but i don't think we'll ever get offline protection, town claims, or karma system. 

If you die in LiF you lose points (or used to I havent been on in awhile). With this game its preferable to die to get it over with. Respawn, loot your shit and just go on your way. That for a PvP game is fail enough. As long as you have a bed you can continually rejoin a fight. For all the complaints about how solos can fend off zergs they have never addressed the legit one...dying for any reason doesnt slow you down even a little bit.

I am sure this thread will get a bunch of new responses today (or more than likely a new one will get started) because if they get the patch out today like theyre suposed to I imagine a lot more applause and complaints will be incoming.

12 minutes ago, rodarin said:

If you die in LiF you lose points (or used to I havent been on in awhile).

You don't if you have subscription and enough positive karma. Not a problem at all.

On 1/5/2019 at 12:27 AM, MightySheep said:

I dont mind the change but I think it was the wrong fix for the issue. The issue is boats are incredibly fragile and you constantly have to replace them. 2x makes it easier to replace them sure but rather than spamming big expendable ships I think it would be a lot cooler if you had scarier, harder to build big ships with much more of a sense of permanence. Imagine if you had galleons that lasted more than a couple of days and earned a reputation like we see in history where every era has some renowned ships that make sailors worldwide poop themselves. The opposite is true in Ark, the bigger the ship the more eager people are to hunt it down for an easy kill.

I think most people would be fine without the resource rates if everything was less fragile and griefable.  You'll notice most of the forum spouting doesn't happen until after the players 2nd or 3rd wipe from a stupid out of their control reason.

Hopefully it's just a temporary fix.

I love the current changes though.  MMO literally just means there's lots of players online in the same persistent world.  Big companies, small groups, none of this has any tie to that term specifically.  More players and more people having fun means more shit to steal and you are having real fights instead of unclothed lowbie ganking.  Really don't see the problem here.

4 hours ago, LaiTash said:

Offline protection can be done with NPC guards on base. Karma...? Something like EvE maybe? With freeports and trade ports guarded and Lawless regions on sea. Don't know.

But insta build/farm anything? Crosswind sailing? NPC crew for all ships? Carebear fest.

Everything is ok, but make it in a solo/Singleplayer srv.