Sign in to follow this  
kolpo

Game is moving in the right direction

Permanent 2x rates and reduced ship costs makes the game doable for normal players(those with a job and/or other responsibilities)

Neutral building on other claims could solve the land shortage issue(if many companies use it), especially on PVE have companies incentives to use this on some of their claims(those taxes could generate a lot of resource), with the x2 rates do "citizens" still get 1.6x rates more then before(max tax). 

The freeport sloop could help new players reach father away land(who have more abandoned claims)

Well done devs 🙂 

Edited by kolpo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Very sad. It was to arcade already. Now it's more.

What they should do is a easy mode srv. With everything thing fast paced/almost free. And other srv more survivalcraft for more hardcore gameplay.

It's si easy that get boring. We are almos 40 people. Why sail 15 guys in a ship if we can make 15 ships solo crew and go full armada mode cleaning everything from sea?

Goodbye coop sailing gameplay. 😔

14 minutes ago, kolpo said:

Permanent 2x rates and reduced ship costs makes the game doable for normal players(those with a job and/or other responsibilities)

Neutral building on other claims could solve the land shortage issue(if many companies use it), especially on PVE have companies incentives to use this one some of their claims(those taxes could generate a lot of resource), with the x2 rates do "citizens" still get 1.6x rates more then before(max tax). 

The freeport sloop could help new players reach father away land(who have more abandoned claims)

Well done devs 🙂 

This stuff is good for pve yes. Not for pvp.

i know some people are still idealistic but in all reality what will happen with the taxation zone is it will he set to 1/3 of your rates, no longer making you are actual pirate.

theb after you build a base on the land and have a lot to lose they will start charging you another fee that you give directly to them aside from the taxation. 

The reason for this side charge will be a threat to wipe and now that you have a base finally you definitely have something to lose. You will definitely pay the price and if not they will just wipe you and take the land back.

some might say that wouldn’t be beneficial for them but yes it will, there won’t be any shortage of beach bobs nedding a place to live, so nobody is going to be special.

just wait till they decide to take it back 👍

Unofficial servers and mods are what will move this game in the right direction.  The Dev's latest bumbleheaded decision shows they don't seem to understand the problems with the game. Between 1/4 and 1/3 of arrows, sometimes up to 1/2 of arrows do not register as hits, yet they think limiting a bow to 40 shots is a step in the right direction.  It's like they never play the game.  The bow is already nerfed.  It didn't need another nerf.

36 minutes ago, Manaos said:

What they should do is a easy mode srv. With everything thing fast paced/almost free. And other srv more survivalcraft for more hardcore gameplay.

It's si easy that get boring. We are almos 40 people. Why sail 15 guys in a ship if we can make 15 ships solo crew and go full armada mode cleaning everything from sea?

The reduced ship cost is a step in the right direction.  Everything else they did is not a step in the right direction.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

8 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Unofficial servers and mods are what will move this game in the right direction.  The Dev's latest bumbleheaded decision shows they don't seem to understand the problems with the game. Between 1/4 and 1/3 of arrows, sometimes up to 1/2 of arrows do not register as hits, yet they think limiting a bow to 40 shots is a step in the right direction.  It's like they never play the game.  The bow is already nerfed.  It didn't need another nerf.

The reduced ship cost is a step in the right direction.  Everything else they did is not a step in the right direction.

I agree, but remember nothing is permanent at this point.

There will be a lot more altering and balancing in the coming two years.

• Like 1

what makes this easy mode is your 40man sqAD ARMADA. try to play solo and you understand those buffs, this is mmo there should be solo game experience contant and there should be group based contente. The basic navigation home making sailing is BASIC SOLO CONTENT. You can solo raid a power stone can ya? or fight solo kraken, stop compleining and understand other people view. There are a lot of solo players and this patch is for them and we thak for that.  Game is going nice keep up the good work devs.

• Like 2

except in population they didnt break 45K yesterday. Would love to see the numbers for the PvP server specifically.

4 minutes ago, rodarin said:

except in population they didnt break 45K yesterday. Would love to see the numbers for the PvP server specifically.

It will break 45k as we head into the weekend though. Yesterday was Thursday, a working day, it is expected that numbers will be much lower during the week.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Manaos said:

You gotta be kidding me... Why are you people treating this game like a finished product? It is EARLY ACCESS and the devs are testing and tweaking the game to find the sweet spot. The faster we can build ships and sail with them, the more we can explore and the more we can test the game. if you are 40 people then dont be surprised of the game getting boring fast... 

13 minutes ago, rodarin said:

working day and already out of the major holiday/vacation season... Every game has peaks during the winter holidays.

• Like 1

Ahe this was such great news these changes are great am looking for being a pirate and have fun.
Not run around and gather wood and metal all day long. Finally the Dutchmen will be sailing on the seas of EU PvP tonight boys!
A+ Devs! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Loni said:

You gotta be kidding me... Why are you people treating this game like a finished product? It is EARLY ACCESS and the devs are testing and tweaking the game to find the sweet spot. The faster we can build ships and sail with them, the more we can explore and the more we can test the game. if you are 40 people then dont be surprised of the game getting boring fast... 

Yeah... Well in our alliance we are small. All  came from the same game and the biggest is almost 300 pirates right now...

We were almost 400 in our peak in Life is Feudal. The prob is We were specting something more simulation. Sailing shoulder to shoulder, one guy per cannon, a few reparing, lookouts, a cap, a chef, a médic... Allá working toghether to build or basr and our ship.

We kick out the hostiles company from the island in 2 days. Build a base and a bunch of ships and we can solo sail everything.

Hard to find more fun in doing everything solo, than coordínate with yours Friends in sails, rudder, cannons, sailing toghether for tresures, boarding/being boarded ships, fighting to keep a alive your beloved ship.

"Meh. It sunk. Had 12 more in base..."

No need for medics. No need for cooking. No need to eat. No need to drink. Just die and respawn all you need.

Lests hope for an Survivalcraft srv in future. The game is alot more childish than we spec. 

11 minutes ago, Manaos said:

Yeah... Well in our alliance we are small. All  came from the same game and the biggest is almost 300 pirates right now...

We were almost 400 in our peak in Life is Feudal. The prob is We were specting something more simulation. Sailing shoulder to shoulder, one guy per cannon, a few reparing, lookouts, a cap, a chef, a médic... Allá working toghether to build or basr and our ship.

We kick out the hostiles company from the island in 2 days. Build a base and a bunch of ships and we can solo sail everything.

Hard to find more fun in doing everything solo, than coordínate with yours Friends in sails, rudder, cannons, sailing toghether for tresures, boarding/being boarded ships, fighting to keep a alive your beloved ship.

"Meh. It sunk. Had 12 more in base..."

No need for medics. No need for cooking. No need to eat. No need to drink. Just die and respawn all you need.

Lests hope for an Survivalcraft srv in future. The game is alot more childish than we spec. 

If you went into this game expecting a perfectly balanced hardcore experience from the start then its your fault. Did you not do any reseach before you went into this game? Maybe in a year or even more we might see hardcore servers PVE/P with 1x gather rates and dedicated classes. Nothing is final at the moment.

When yields are higher and ships are cheaper should  people play like many EVE players: Always have the resources/gold to replace your ship several times. Don't upgrade too fast.

Edited by kolpo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It will break 45k as we head into the weekend though. Yesterday was Thursday, a working day, it is expected that numbers will be much lower during the week.

the 27th was also a Thursday there were 52K people that night. The 26th was a Wed over 54K that night. That was also with all the bugs and lags and DCs and other performance issues. It MIGHT hit 50K with the PvE changes and other changes overall as some people might come back to check it out. But its looking like a crash and burn right now.

Private server I was on already taken down first night we had maybe 40 people the last few days I was the only one. Now its gone...

8 minutes ago, rodarin said:

the 27th was also a Thursday there were 52K people that night. The 26th was a Wed over 54K that night. That was also with all the bugs and lags and DCs and other performance issues. It MIGHT hit 50K with the PvE changes and other changes overall as some people might come back to check it out. But its looking like a crash and burn right now.

Private server I was on already taken down first night we had maybe 40 people the last few days I was the only one. Now its gone...

26th was Boxing Day which was a bank holiday which for many would be the equivalent of a weekend, and the 27th was the day after which many people would have taken the Christmas week off, so really it's not the same as this week when many people would start returning to work on 2nd January. You can't really base figures on a period of extended holiday like Christmas and New Year.

4 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

26th was Boxing Day which was a bank holiday which for many would be the equivalent of a weekend, and the 27th was the day after which many people would have taken the Christmas week off, so really it's not the same as this week when many people would start returning to work on 2nd January. You can't really base figures on a period of extended holiday like Christmas and New Year.

So them not breaking 60K was even worse? That would be the logic I guess. Why didnt they have 100K players if no one was working?

3 hours ago, Zaki said:

what makes this easy mode is your 40man sqAD ARMADA. try to play solo and you understand those buffs, this is mmo there should be solo game experience contant and there should be group based contente. The basic navigation home making sailing is BASIC SOLO CONTENT. You can solo raid a power stone can ya? or fight solo kraken, stop compleining and understand other people view. There are a lot of solo players and this patch is for them and we thak for that.  Game is going nice keep up the good work devs.

I love how some people use the term MMO and they don’t even know what it means. MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online. Where is the Single Player in that? It’s not a SPO, it’s an MMO. 

Just now, rodarin said:

So them not breaking 60K was even worse? That would be the logic I guess. Why didnt they have 100K players if no one was working?

Plenty of reasons. Why would you expect there to be 100k players? There are many players who are still holding off from getting the game to see how it develops, whether that's because they don't generally play EA games, or they experienced Ark in EA and has made them decide to hold off.

The launch was very messy, we all know that, i'm sure that had some impact on numbers. Why would you think there would be 100k players just because people weren't working over the holidays? You think people sit at home all day playing games on their holidays?

Just now, xRealistic said:

I love how some people use the term MMO and they don’t even know what it means. MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online. Where is the Single Player in that? It’s not a SPO, it’s an MMO. 

It is you that does not understand MMO.

Massive Multiplayer Online means a game where there is a very large number of players online playing the same game together, i.e. 40k. In that massive number of players some players will tribe up and play together with friends, some will tribe up and play together with strangers, some will play in couples and some will play solo on a server with 40k other players. That is MMO.

Single player is where you and only you play on a game. No other players. So when people talk about solo play in an MMO they mean not playing in a tribe or company or group with others, but they play on their own with other people on the server. So it is you that do not understand the difference between a Single Player game and playing solo on an MMO.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kolpo said:

Neutral building on other claims could solve the land shortage issue(if many companies use it), especially on PVE have companies incentives to use this one some of their claims(those taxes could generate a lot of resource), with the x2 rates do "citizens" still get 1.6x rates more then before(max tax). 

Well done devs 🙂 

I agree these are good changes for people like me that can't play Atlas all day long every day.

4 hours ago, Manaos said:

Of course, it's easy-mode with 40 people, what game wouldn't be? Try this game solo or with one other person, and trust me, it stops being easy mode real quick. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to them creating a server with ramped up difficulty for people who are into that sort of thing. 

The smart move for the devs is to cater to as many different types of gamers as they can, so they're probably going to need more than just a couple simply PVE and PVP servers. And maybe they'll go that route in the future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Kids are going to be going back to school soon too. The numbers will drop more then.

actually once they got to school they are likely to lose everything and rage quit lol

5 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

I agree these are good changes for people like me that can't play Atlas all day long every day.

Of course, it's easy-mode with 40 people, what game wouldn't be? Try this game solo or with one other person, and trust me, it stops being easy mode real quick. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to them creating a server with ramped up difficulty for people who are into that sort of thing. 

The smart move for the devs is to cater to as many different types of gamers as they can, so they're probably going to need more than just a couple simply PVE and PVP servers. And maybe they'll go that route in the future. 

Thins is this was suppose to be a Survivalcraft MMO. CooP sailing ships. Diff. Roles for players with their skills tree, etc.

Now they are going Massive Single Player Online, Instead of MMO.

Why in the name of blackbeard i would want to play a game like this solo?!?! WHat the actually ****?!? Or Life is Feudal solo? O Eve Online solo? (Doable) Even mobas if u play solo, team up with someone else. But here, hey, lets solo craft everything and solo sail everything. I want to craft bows, but also be a builder, have skills to build ships, make my armors, tame a dragón, and had enough skill points to put in firearms and in melee. Want to be able to heal my self, tank and do DPS. But also want to support my self.

It's not fair, i had a job. I want a NPC play for me or it means it is too grindy to play...

I want also a instant battle mode because had to find someone to pew pew is too hardcore for a game. I want to be like World of Warships as much the time to fight someone.

Thing is. The more slow paced, hard grindy games out there. Have the more mature player database. Funny, huh?

BTW. Hate Fornite, but love World of Warships. <3. Just that if i want play World of Warships i play World of Warships. No Atlas. They sold me a survival craft MMO. And we have no survival. The craft is a easy joke mode. And it's for solo play. (3 guys solo sailing 3 ships just rape a 15 guys crew in 1 ship)

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

Kids are going to be going back to school soon too. The numbers will drop more then.

actually once they got to school they are likely to lose everything and rage quit lol

All long term games that require a lot of time will suffer number drops due to kids being at school, nothing special about this game in that regard or any game like this one.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

All long term games that require a lot of time will suffer number drops due to kids being at school, nothing special about this game in that regard or any game like this one.

Well... It will no suffer. I Will get rid of... XD.

Maybe the undo some of recent changes when kids leave.

I don’t like it, it’s good for PvE but horrible for PvP. I liked the balance just the way it was. But just gotta live with it just like everyone else. 

Edited by Percieval