Sign in to follow this  
Ucan_Kizmiaz

another effed nerf to flame arrows

i get it, fire arrows were too powerful.

now they are ridiculous.

once they were the one and only way to fend off alphas you encountered landing on an island and trying to settle. now they're just good enough to set your enemy's sails on fire if at all.

i expect a fire arrow to do more damage than a regular one but nada. 3 arrows in a (low lvl) pig killed it where one fire arrow barely  made one third of the damage. consider that the next 2, regular, arrows killed the pig although it did heal already while switching arrows.

so much nerfing on fire arrows and bow but hardly any fixes to other essential stuff.

- the raft still is a pos to steer

- being able to ride to tame makes no effing sense

- every rain comes with tornados while on sea

- temperatures switch for 60 degrees in a spilt second (and yes i get the fact that it gets cold in the desert at night but wearing some clothes should ectually prevent you from freezing to death especially in tropical regions)

I am sure we will see more balancing with the flame arrows but they were way to powerful.

1. Rafts are supposed to be a pos to steer haha..
2. Why does it make no sense ?
3. Yeah would like to be more weather effects.
4. Yeah in the desert full set of cloth should do you for the nights really.

Please, fire arrows were ridiculous, you could 1-2 shot people no matter the armor, alpha animals (something you're not supposed to kill easily) took like 3 arrows at most not to mention you could sink ships incredibly easy and fast.

I understand an alpha should be hard to kill. But on the other hand it should also be a rare spawn. Right now they are all over the place.

Maybe it is good to change the fire arrow damage only vs a player and let the NPC damage be the same.

On the bows durability they could make it so that shooting a normal arrow takes off less durability then a fire arrow.

8 hours ago, Caldrin said:

I am sure we will see more balancing with the flame arrows but they were way to powerful.

1. Rafts are supposed to be a pos to steer haha..
2. Why does it make no sense ?
3. Yeah would like to be more weather effects.
4. Yeah in the desert full set of cloth should do you for the nights really.

1. without a keel or a rudder the raft apparently can't be controlled at all. so i guess we can consider us lucky that WE can to some extent.

2. how could you learn to ride when you got no tamed creature to practice on ? riding should be a seperate branch in Beastmaster. that way you can decide whether you want to ride your tames and spend skillpoints into or whether you just want to ride a horse or elephant then invest in riding and purchase your ride from a tamer.

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz