Sign in to follow this  
Maxi

Change arrow bow dura to 0.4 from 1.0

40 shots per bow with how the servers have been running seems very low.  Sometimes shots are wasted on rubberbanding or the 20-30 second rollback servers have all the time.

It should be twice or more the durability of a bow please.  Skill already uses a ton of durability for bow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agreed. I'm okay with the bow taking durability damage, but 40 shots with it before breaking seems a little much. 

With perfect head-shots, you can clear things out well enough, but let's be honest landing headshots 100% of the time isn't possible in some places, Lowering it to .5 or something would be a better alternative.

Thankfully I play on unofficial servers only, and with the devkit being released soon hopefully mods to fix some of these garbage changes will start making an appearance soon. 

• Like 2

Then account for the terrible hitboxes.. literally arrows doing no damage that are attached to the creatures head lol.

40 arrows until a bow breaks?  Much too low. 

• Like 4

Devs "Let's make the endless creature spawn even more annoying by forcing players to craft 4 bows to clear their farming spots so they can cut wood for 20 minutes before repeating the whole process"

• Like 1

Yeah, I usually make arrows 50 at a time because half of them disappear to the void of an enemy's skull and don't do damage, sheep don't have actual heads to hit and you're going to miss alot of shots due to rubber banding.

• Like 2

this 1 shot durability thing makes no sense especially when you have a bow that's better than common.

costs to repair it are too steep and 40-45 arrows are fired quick and often useless thx to crooked hit boxes

• Like 1

literally shoot wolf 3 times in the face, did not register but you could see arrows in his face...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maxi said:

literally shoot wolf 3 times in the face, did not register but you could see arrows in his face...

Imagine haing a fish with 5+ arrows and still not taking damage, was out of patience and just used hatched to finish it off lol, the hitboxes are trule awfull, hitting a head that is not straight looking at thou is almost impossible with those tiny or non-existent hitboxes

Bow can be repaired with the first killed animals. Don't think it's that dramatic. It's cheap. There are also firearms 🙂

40 shots is not nearly enough considering the issues with hitboxes right now. Also, what kind of bows are we making that are going to break after 40 shots. Just short-sighted knee-jerk nerfs here. 

Edited by Sydhart

Consider the impact in regards to taming... yuo don't want to kill the darn thing,  now you've got to carry supplies to repair the bow and repair it between feeding etc... 

That's gonna be 'fun' (note sarcasm)...    .25 a shot, .5 flaming, ok I can deal... smething like this, but 1 pt a shot?

Ye it's terrible, i tried this morning. Also if you use fire arrow my bow broke almost instantly, or is it because i'm not used for bow to have durability and didn't really check. It seam you'll need to always have 2 bow like we did in Ark, it's just bad, especially because you need those guns, the shovel, 3 tools, the spyglass, the fucking grapel, the climbing pick, and who knows what else. Ho an a bit of mats to repair all that shit on the fly. I mean half your weight is now in common crap you run around with.

Yes this is not good.

Now I will need two bows because you can not repair a bow while it is equipped. So constantly:

1) Shoot something. 

2) Swap out repaired bow, repair the bow I just used. Wait for the new bow to become usable and hope nothing attacks me during the cooldown or when I'm in my inventory repairing.

3) Repeat 1 & 2 over and over.

18 minutes ago, ExplodingYeti said:

Ye it's terrible, i tried this morning. Also if you use fire arrow my bow broke almost instantly, or is it because i'm not used for bow to have durability and didn't really check. It seam you'll need to always have 2 bow like we did in Ark, it's just bad, especially because you need those guns, the shovel, 3 tools, the spyglass, the fucking grapel, the climbing pick, and who knows what else. Ho an a bit of mats to repair all that shit on the fly. I mean half your weight is now in common crap you run around with.

Also we have just 10 hotbar slots. You need more stuff in the hotbar now than will fit. Because of the dorky food system, I carry 4 stacks of food items in the hotbar also, leaving me just 6 slots for all the other stuff.

10 hours ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

this 1 shot durability thing makes no sense especially when you have a bow that's better than common.

costs to repair it are too steep and 40-45 arrows are fired quick and often useless thx to crooked hit boxes

correct it is the weirdest game design decision i have ever seen. Bows break at least 3x maybe 4x faster then any other thing.

I believe this "fix" is due to some person(s) mowing down people repeatedly (rapid fire) with fire arrows; and from a distance. Thus the changes to stop these player(s) from griefing.

lol totally agree. I think they have so many fires to put out, that they opt for the quick fix, not the optimal fix. 

Edited by Maar
correction

Easy fix would be to have the bow degrade very slowly if at all (like a real bow), but have the string break when it wears out. 10 second string change 0.1 weight /string 10 fiber/string 20 string/stack.