Sign in to follow this  
ReilanT

we définitly cannot found a claim for us after v10

- Claim Flags now allow a "Neutral Zone" setting which allows any other tribes to build within them, with the specified tax rate applied to them. You are also able to specify an inclusion or exclusion list to these, to only allow or exclude specific company ID's / player ID's. All claim flags will have this enabled as a default setting when placed, and this will also be a retroactive change. However, it will not function until Wednesday the 9th of January at NOON EST, where we will release another server update to make Neutral Zones active. This means you will have two days, from Monday to Wednesday, to decide and adjust the settings on your claim flag before the change is live.

if my english is correct, this new systeme would make claim placing abuse Legit ... and now if we wont play we need to pay to someone for have a land ... how player would be abuse of this news Systeme on PVE ? 

Sounds like every government. The big guys own the land, you pay them to live on it. But now it means that players have many more choices on where to build, even if those places are taxed.

8 minutes ago, Kidori said:

But now it means that players have many more choices on where to build, even if those places are taxed.

My problem as claim owner if anyone can build on my land now,building stops spawns of resources and animals,it will all just become desolate.😱

Also building by anyone means blocking of areas with gates... this is a catastrophe waiting to happen..

At least give patner ownership to claim owner so if such violation occurs he can remove it.

Edited by darcek

2 minutes ago, darcek said:

My problem as claim owner if anyone can build on my land now,building stops spawns of resources and animals,it will all just become desolate.😱

Also building by anyone means blocking of areas with gates... this is a catastrophe waiting to happen..

You can choose which flags people can build on, and specify specific companies you want to allow or disallow from building on your land. Or you can just set all your claim flags to not allow anyone but your own company to build on them.

Edited by Kidori

1 minute ago, Kidori said:

You can choose which flags people can build on, and specify specific companies you want to allow or disallow from building on your land. Or you can just set all your claim flags to not allow anyone but your own company to build on them.

what about the problem with overlapping claims? thats also an issue they havnt touched and many lost bases cause of it

This will cause so much grief exactly what happened in ark with pillars, people will plop down flags ruining resources etc.

Why not add a few new servers not alot maybe 1-2 for each region Na,eu and pvp and pve. Its obvious you have the player base that wants to play. Or atleast make flags have a wider range that can cover resources etc. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, darcek said:

At least give patner ownership to claim owner so if such violation occurs he can remove it.

u control which areas they can build as per patch notes u can set each flag to build or no build 

6 minutes ago, UDO said:

u control which areas they can build as per patch notes u can set each flag to build or no build 

Right..so i let some seemingly nice folks to build which later found out are able griefers. Then what?!

4 minutes ago, darcek said:

Right..so i let some seemingly nice folks to build which later found out are able griefers. Then what?!

Evict them lol

4 minutes ago, darcek said:

then u revoke the building rights , 

Edited by UDO

And if the controlling tribe wakes up one day and doesn't like your face, and puts/removes you from the whitelist (however it works), we know what will happen.  Your buildings will be deeded over to the controlling tribe.

In effect they can foreclose without cause.

That's a recipe for grief. (Don't see how else this system can work).

The flag system is just not going to work, ever.  Unless of course, "working" involves such things happening.

• Like 1

I'm finding the biggest guild I can and building a wall around their taxation office.

• Haha 1

for me it's a good stuff for PVP and alliance but in PVE i will give my hand to the shark. this new adition dont work for us ... or only for people have use 100 more claim for take all of a island whitout thinking to other only their ass

2 hours ago, Hackjob said:

You can also still contest areas. More flags he has shorter duration to contest. 

This is the regressive system that is needed. Do you have any additional information about how much shorter the contesting time will be for additional flags?

This is a good thing. One should have the option to claim big areas, but it should come with a price. If we are talking about tens of flags (for one company), the contesting time should be less than an hour, whereas a small company with only 1-3 claims should have something like 2-3 days to protect their land.

So the major question here is: Is the regressive contesting system steep enough?

Edited by Psykonalle
  • Confused 1

I understand it is a pirate game but when you have people who enjoy being griefers and trolls watch people build up a base and a community just come along and take it, like we have seen many times then why is this not pvp? there really isnt much difference you get to rob kill players . People enjoy a challenge but sitting at a flag for 24 hours and now having to watch your land on top of it why not go to pvp. Flags should be allowed on number of members a tribe has have the 3 day rule after that players can fight for the land. Other wise resources  are going to be flagged and built on which leads to manymany more angry posts and good people leaving. Add new servers ,change amount of flags dont suspend the hackers ban them. Game has huge potential and in time it will be amazing . Noone should be able to have a whole island. Apologies if I offend anyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

And if the controlling tribe wakes up one day and doesn't like your face, and puts/removes you from the whitelist (however it works), we know what will happen.  Your buildings will be deeded over to the controlling tribe.

In effect they can foreclose without cause.

That's a recipe for grief. (Don't see how else this system can work).

The flag system is just not going to work, ever.  Unless of course, "working" involves such things happening.

I agree. On PvE you shouldn't depend too much of anyone else's actions. Relying fully on the land owner is not going to work, as they can, at any time, remove your rights (and I assume take control over you stuff).

The ground has to be claimed by whoever builds there. There is no question about it.

• Like 1

Flags should be one per player supporting a house, barn, enough for a small plot garden and small shipyard. If built inland then perhaps the island has to band together to build a small npc port where can keep ships. This would be compulsory in form of tax only until built plus personal donation  Alsoan npc trader docks once a week with random goods for gold. 

Company should get flags based on size and have to be near each other. So cannot take up half the island. The more land. The more upkeep. taxations should be what the company has to pay for land ownership a maximum of 15% can be used for guests farming resources. Upkeep will be resources and gold. 

Change the claim boundary from circle to a square. At least can build a wall around property 

Building should not be allowed to block off paths or resources. Resources if blocked should spawn next to where there meant to spawn. If a company blocks completely then they upkeep will increase alot to provide resource at npc dock. 

Ideas off top for pve. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TycoonGT said:

We're currently on Version 9.2 NOT 10!  Version 10 is planned to be released on Monday, with the "Neutral Zones" implemented two days later on Wednesday!

hmm it's what i say ... i dont undersain your anwser but that change nothing claim without a limite and this "neutral zone" dont have any interet for PVE, because Griefing possible : Remove right, take control on your stuff ... Sea Claim will be removed, that already great .. but ! need a Claim limitation on PVE. i love this game, i dont want to play on 3 map on our private server... but if WildCard and Selfish player. a lot of player never will have fun on a PVE server.. 

Edited by ReilanT

I personally would like to see stakes you can place in the ground to designate specific areas to rent out to people, then as long as they pay their rent on time they're safe from being evicted.

24 minutes ago, Kidori said:

I personally would like to see stakes you can place in the ground to designate specific areas to rent out to people, then as long as they pay their rent on time they're safe from being evicted.

Why would anyone want to do that? What's in it for the people who rent the land?

They are increasing the speed of stealing land from big owners, which will help weed out the land they don't actively defend. That coupled with the neutral zone shit should give everyone a place to live.