NZScruffy

Please fix overweight griefing boats

Is overweight exploit in pve breaking your game?   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Is overweight exploit in pve breaking your game?

• Yes, I don't want to, and cannot play with this.
    • No, maybe it's a problem, but I can still play the game

Hi... When are you going to fix the massively game breaking exploit in PvE of overweighing someones boat to cause it to sink and then being able to salvage the sunken boat, and loot the death corpse??

Your recent update allowing ANYONE to salvage a sunken boat in PvE was bad enough. You introduce pvp to pve. But that just gave rise to this game breaking exploit.

This completely breaks PvE and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it happening.

I'd have thought this would be a major priority in the latest patch, but i don't see it AT ALL.

Thanks,

Scruffy

EDIT: Related threads:

Edited by NZScruffy
  • Like 2

... that has nothing todo with this exploit. You throw items on the ground on the boat, and it adds to the boats weight, and it sinks. the end. player can loot a boat in pve within mins and gone. There is literally nothing you can do to stop it, whether you are online or not.

16 minutes ago, NZScruffy said:

I'd have thought this would be a major priority in the latest patch, but i don't see it AT ALL.

Did you read the recent update? The first fix, on Monday, is to increase the carry weight of boats by 40%.

Their sort of stuck. You don't want PVE griefing, but you don't want players exploiting their ships to carry unlimited passengers and cargo, just because those people aren't in your company. I trust that as we enter week 3 and 4, a solution will eventually present itself.

1 minute ago, Ankhwearer said:

Did you read the recent update? The first fix, on Monday, is to increase the carry weight of boats by 40%.

Their sort of stuck. You don't want PVE griefing, but you don't want players exploiting their ships to carry unlimited passengers and cargo, just because those people aren't in your company. I trust that as we enter week 3 and 4, a solution will eventually present itself.

??  That will do absolutely nothing to help fix this exploit... Have a longer think about it..

There are many ways to fix this exploit. As have been mentioned previously. The devs simply arn't doing anything about it. There are even things that would literally take them 5 mins tops to implement to help dissuade this, and could be shoved into the patch any second. Devs arn't doing it... i'mvery surprised. But I assume its simply because PvE is not at all on their radar. it's an afterthought. 

if they fix this they better add a way to remove the 3-6 rafts that get parked on the beach in front of are house ever day 

3 minutes ago, NZScruffy said:

??  That will do absolutely nothing to help fix this exploit... Have a longer think about it..

There are many ways to fix this exploit. As have been mentioned previously. The devs simply arn't doing anything about it. There are even things that would literally take them 5 mins tops to implement to help dissuade this, and could be shoved into the patch any second. Devs arn't doing it... i'mvery surprised. But I assume its simply because PvE is not at all on their radar. it's an afterthought. 

Not sure if you read the notes but they are fixing the flags in pve? personally i think have the flags fixed would be top priority since you need land in order to build a ship.

1 minute ago, Preyzer said:

if they fix this they better add a way to remove the 3-6 rafts that get parked on the beach in front of are house ever day 

I agree, there is 3 sloops and a brig that looks like the owner quit near my base.  hope they added 7 day rule to be on or poof.

2 minutes ago, James_32 said:

Not sure if you read the notes but they are fixing the flags in pve? personally i think have the flags fixed would be top priority since you need land in order to build a ship.

Lol. so all the other updates, changes, quality of life things in the recent update are higher priority than fixing this massive pve game breaker... it's literally broken pve, along with claim flags. people have left the game, both official and unofficial.

I'm not saying don't fix claim flags, obviously that needs fixing (not for me personally, because my server doesn't use the extremely BS broken claim system). I'm saying, this overweight exploit is a game "breaker", as in, you can't play with it. I'd say it's a priority over everything else in the patch notes, and would not take much at all to fix. But because it's PvE (it's not as big an issue in pvp, cause you can kill someone doing it), they simply don't care at all. PvE seems to take a massive back seat to pvp. an afterthought.

Could and should be fixed so that items dropped by non-company members don't affect the weight on the ship. If they are stored in e.g. a storage box, they would. 

1 minute ago, Psykonalle said:

Could and should be fixed so that items dropped by non-company members don't affect the weight on the ship. If they are stored in e.g. a storage box, they would. 

Now this idea I like, also add into it in order for non CO members to get on ship they have to be added to like a passenger list by the company that owns it

They are increasing the weight they can carry by 40%...  It's not a perfect fix but it will help. Maybe they limited how much a player could pick up and carry around? i.e... "body bag"

2 minutes ago, Psykonalle said:

That would be in their too hard basket. They'd have to modify all item blueprints to include flags of who dropped it. they won't do that, adds MASSIVE overhead to game.

An easier way to fully solve this is, have a drop check flag. if you are standing on, or above a player owned platform (because in atlas, boats are 'platforms', you cannot drop items, you cannot stand on platform, etc. Same as in Ark. If you try to land on, or place things on, drop things, they simply roll off/through platform. no effect on platform)

This is a super easy fix that they already have the code for, would take a few mins to impliment and hours to playtest (but they never playtest things, they just roll it out for players to test). So basically, it could still go in latest patch... due out in a few mins

• Thanks 1

by body bag are you refering to players dieing on the boat then members just filling body bags with rocks or wood to sink it?

They do need to fix that dragging a body adds their weight to yours. if it's too heavy, you can't drag it.  But i'mfairly sure this will never happen. It's been a thing in Ark for years, with the same complaints and problems, and they never fixed it. So won't happen for Atlas either.

15 minutes ago, Iricinme said:

by body bag are you refering to players dieing on the boat then members just filling body bags with rocks or wood to sink it?

Currently you can pick up as much as you want and if you log out your friend can pick you up and carry you without and negative effects.

All they have to do it change it so that overweight ships stop moving instead of sinking.

No more greifing, no new weight exploits.

Problem solved.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

All they have to do it change it so that overweight ships stop moving instead of sinking.

No more greifing, no new weight exploits.

Problem solved.

This is also a good solution. Probably the easiest to implement, even if it might seem a little unreal.

The main problem here is you can use your boat as a semi-mobile base. However, you can overcome this by not allowing storing more weight in the ship. Basically this means you could, in addition to the weight limit of the boat, have everything that you as well as anyone else on the boat is carrying. This wouldn't be too much of a problem as we're talking about a few hundreds or thousand extra kg/lbs.

it's meant to be a mobile semi base.

But if you were to load it up with everything you'd put in a real base (every crafting station, a bunch of storage boxes with tons of mats) it would never move, thereby making it pointless. So you really don't gain anything by doing that.

This would be a simple and effective solution.

Edited by RogueLdr

Im lucky to say - its one of those things not happened to us till now.

but i often heares about it and i think that mist be removed. F.e. we use Smithys on our Sloops - no way to lock it. But there is another problem with random people on your boat.

In my opinion they should also add a mechanic to get people off the boat (as long as it is no fight). My mate and i came into a thunderstorm and a stranger jumped from his raft to our little peace of wood -> overweight. No possibility to moce anymore, no possibility to force send him off.

Definitly needs to be updated, but its not the biggest problem right now to me:)

2 hours ago, Psykonalle said:

Sounds like the perfect exploit to me...

something needs to happen soon every boat i build is sunk within 48h of being built, rafts, sloops whatever 😞 just lost another one this morning 

45 minutes ago, Nari said:

Sounds like the perfect exploit to me...

Elaborate. If the boxes are pinned, your ship would be safe. This might, however, be hard to implement.

Making the boats unable to move with 100% weight and unable to add more at 150% or 200% as other related survival games would be easier. At this cap any additional weight would fall through. 

Shame on those voting No on this poll. This is such an obvious case.

Edited by Psykonalle

29 minutes ago, Psykonalle said:

Elaborate. If the boxes are pinned, your ship would be safe. This might, however, be hard to implement.

Making the boats unable to move with 100% weight and unable to add more at 150% or 200% as other related survival games would be easier. At this cap any additional weight would fall through. 

Shame on those voting No on this poll. This is such an obvious case.

By exploi I am assuming the poster means that you could have someone from outside the company drop 100 thousand weight in resources on your ship (or drag unconscious player carrying 1,000,000 weight of resource onto your sloop, then sail it away somewhere to base. Because they are not in your company, it doesn't add weight to the 'platform'.

Exactly the same as abusing dragging unconscious player does not check the weight of the unconcious player.