Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Failmore

aged over 20 years in 340 days

6 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

You should look up a class on arguing and debate.  You really need it man. 

Stay in school kids!

You'll get over losing some day. 

You stopped arguing and resorted to ad hominem. That means you lost. 

If you're going to ad hominem, atleast provide a counter point to the argument. Then you don't just look like a furious salt lord.

Apparently  you don't understand half the terms you are using, including salt lord. 

There is no point arguing with an idiot.  You can have the delusion that you "won" all you want. 😄 Good luck to you in your age endeavor sir and/or madam!

2 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Apparently  you don't understand half the terms you are using, including salt lord. 

There is no point arguing with an idiot.  You can have the delusion that you "won" all you want. 😄 Good luck to you in your age endeavor sir and/or madam!

This game has an entire ocean's worth of salt, it doesn't need any more of your bellyaching.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:56 PM, [616]RexFortis said:

boomervoncannon, you feel it necessary for all that noisy senseless useless rhetoric of yours over the topic of "aging 20 years in 340 days"?  really?

Someone who doesn't like what someone else on the internet has to say. Shocking. You call it noisy, senseless and useless. I call it using my brain. Is there a topic where you feel using your brain is a bad idea? Are you suggesting it's this one?

On 1/4/2019 at 6:45 AM, Adfax said:

If you had the information, you'd be using it to win this argument. I'm literally mocking you for not having the information, and you could prove me wrong and show it, but you won't, because it doesn't exist. Or it does exist, and you know it won't hold up to scrutiny. 

I never asserted anything was true, i'm just putting holes in what you're saying, and everyone else. If anything, i'm pointing out where you're false. I'm pointing out what the mechanic takes away, and i'm giving my reasons and opinion on the matter.

What you've summed my posts up as is what I want but you've failed to include the various reasons. The reasons for me wanting that is the important part.

I could easily say your position amounts to

"age good"

And do exactly the same to you. Make all your reasoning disappear to make what you're saying look like nothing. But that would be disingenuous. Of course, I don't need to do that to win the argument, so why would I?

And yes, your meme still sucks.

*sighs* You're still on about this? Okay, fine. You want to talk about dismantling? You don't have the first idea of what dismantling really is. Asserting things on your own is not dismantling. Let me show you what dismantling really is. I'm going to dismantle your false assertion of my position as "age good" right here right now. Review every post I've made in this thread. Absolutely nowhere will you find anything I've said stating that age is good or even endorsing the mechanic. You know how I know this? Because I don't have an opinion on the mechanic yet because it isn't in the game, at most it sounds potentially interesting. What I've said here is to summarize YOUR position as wanting the game altered to suit your tastes because you don't want your characters appearance to change. You have made the logical fallacy of assuming my objection to your position constitutes taking a position endorsing the age mechanic, and you have falsely assigned this position to me. This mistake shows the flaw in your reasoning and thinking. It is not clear and it makes false assumptions about others views without supporting them through evidence. 

So, to summarize, my position is not "age good", I've just dismantled your assertion that it is by showing it's based on no evidence but rather assumption on your part, while your postion, based on your own statements, can very fairly be summarized as wanting the game altered to suit your preferences and absolutely none of your bloviating to distract from this core point changes this basic fact. 

Oh, that information you seemed so sure I didn't have? Here is the link:

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/studio-wildcard-announces-pirate-mmo-atlas-for-pc-xbox-one

The relevant passage is at the bottom "A brief history of Atlas" and it outlines how Atlas has fantasy lore roots and is not a pure pirate MMO. Note where it describes how the players or Pathfinders are the descendants of the fallen magical kingdom. This is how the aging and breeding mechanics tie directly into the game's lore in a significant way. So my assertion IS supported by independant evidence. Evidence that instead of being in possession of or being willing to seek out yourself, you simply wrongly tried to assert I didn't have. It's not that the information didn't exist, it's that you didn't want it to be true because it is contrary to what you want. Sad day for you.

You don't have to like this mechanic. You don't have to like the lore. You are entirely free to say they suck and you think it's bad. What won't change is you are still wanting the developers to change their game and vision of that game, to suit your personal preferences. That is all I have ever asserted in this thread, and nothing you have said changes that. So now you have a choice: accept that this mechanic ties into the game's lore in a key way and likely isn't going anywhere, suck it up and play anyway, or leave. If you choose the latter, I think you know my rejoinder by now.

Bye Felicia.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

*sighs* You're still on about this? Okay, fine. You want to talk about dismantling? You don't have the first idea of what dismantling really is. Asserting things on your own is not dismantling. Let me show you what dismantling really is. I'm going to dismantle your false assertion of my position as "age good" right here right now. Review every post I've made in this thread. Absolutely nowhere will you find anything I've said stating that age is good or even endorsing the mechanic. You know how I know this? Because I don't have an opinion on the mechanic yet because it isn't in the game, at most it sounds potentially interesting. What I've said here is to summarize YOUR position as wanting the game altered to suit your tastes because you don't want your characters appearance to change. You have made the logical fallacy of assuming my objection to your position constitutes taking a position endorsing the age mechanic, and you have falsely assigned this position to me. This mistake shows the flaw in your reasoning and thinking. It is not clear and it makes false assumptions about others views without supporting them through evidence. 

So, to summarize, my position is not "age good", I've just dismantled your assertion that it is by showing it's based on no evidence but rather assumption on your part, while your postion, based on your own statements, can very fairly be summarized as wanting the game altered to suit your preferences and absolutely none of your bloviating to distract from this core point changes this basic fact. 

Oh, that information you seemed so sure I didn't have? Here is the link:

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/studio-wildcard-announces-pirate-mmo-atlas-for-pc-xbox-one

The relevant passage is at the bottom "A brief history of Atlas" and it outlines how Atlas has fantasy lore roots and is not a pure pirate MMO. Note where it describes how the players or Pathfinders are the descendants of the fallen magical kingdom. This is how the aging and breeding mechanics tie directly into the game's lore in a significant way. So my assertion IS supported by independant evidence. Evidence that instead of being in possession of or being willing to seek out yourself, you simply wrongly tried to assert I didn't have. It's not that the information didn't exist, it's that you didn't want it to be true because it is contrary to what you want. Sad day for you.

You don't have to like this mechanic. You don't have to like the lore. You are entirely free to say they suck and you think it's bad. What won't change is you are still wanting the developers to change their game and vision of that game, to suit your personal preferences. That is all I have ever asserted in this thread, and nothing you have said changes that. So now you have a choice: accept that this mechanic ties into the game's lore in a key way and likely isn't going anywhere, suck it up and play anyway, or leave. If you choose the latter, I think you know my rejoinder by now.

Bye Felicia.

Dismantling would involved not make a mistake I the first paragraph, that being "the mechanic isn't in the game yet".

WRONG! 

It is in the game, we're aging. The mechanic, in it's current iteration, is IN the game. Is it fully implemented? Probably not. What is currently in the game, I disagree with. From what is in the game, and the obvious trajectory they're heading with this mechanic, I will say It is bad. So when you say i'm basing it off assumption, i'm not. I'm saying what is currently in the game, I don't like. I'm saying what I've heard they have planned, I don't like.

"Descendants of the fallen magical kingdown" = "age mechanic ties into the lore significantly"

No. Once again, I could bring up any game that has characters who age that do not have an age mechanic. So how does being "descendants" equate to "tied into the lore". It doesn't. You just need it to have any hope of proving me wrong, which you won't, because you already know there are games that mention descendants, and do not have age mechanics. Until you can prove that isn't true, you can't prove me wrong on that point.

The information you posted is on the steam page. Everyone already knows that. I know that. All of my arguments were made with this information already in mind. And no, nothing in there suggests an age mechanic is core to the game in any shape or form.

Right, the game isn't about pirating.. Except, it is. That doesn't mean you have to be a pirate, it merely means that is the core concept of the game. The core concept of the game, like ark, is survival and progression. The theme of the game, is pirating.. The game even has the leather armor give you a pirate's hat for goodness sake. Now when I say the them is "pirating", I mean the era of pirating. It is HEAVILY inspired by that, and to say otherwise is ridiculous.

Did I ever say I wasn't trying to get the devs to change the game? No. I'm saying people don't want to lose their characters, and people don't want their characters not to look the way they want them to look. I'm saying that will harm the game more than just doing away with the mechanic altogether, and if people want to change their character for whatever reason, let them breed away.

You call that dismantling? You can't dismantle me with that level of argument. 

If aging was core to the game, and not some fluff, it would already be in the game, even in early access. A core mechanic is something you basically can't have a game without. You can have this game without aging. It is already good without it. We don't need it, and I think most probably don't want it either.

Edited by Adfax

48 minutes ago, Adfax said:

Dismantling would involved not make a mistake I the first paragraph, that being "the mechanic isn't in the game yet".

WRONG! 

It is in the game, we're aging. The mechanic, in it's current iteration, is IN the game. Is it fully implemented? Probably not. What is currently in the game, I disagree with. From what is in the game, and the obvious trajectory they're heading with this mechanic, I will say It is bad. So when you say i'm basing it off assumption, i'm not. I'm saying what is currently in the game, I don't like. I'm saying what I've heard they have planned, I don't like.

"Descendants of the fallen magical kingdown" = "age mechanic ties into the lore significantly"

No. Once again, I could bring up any game that has characters who age that do not have an age mechanic. So how does being "descendants" equate to "tied into the lore". It doesn't. You just need it to have any hope of proving me wrong, which you won't, because you already know there are games that mention descendants, and do not have age mechanics. Until you can prove that isn't true, you can't prove me wrong on that point.

The information you posted is on the steam page. Everyone already knows that. I know that. All of my arguments were made with this information already in mind. And no, nothing in there suggests an age mechanic is core to the game in any shape or form.

Right, the game isn't about pirating.. Except, it is. That doesn't mean you have to be a pirate, it merely means that is the core concept of the game. The core concept of the game, like ark, is survival and progression. The theme of the game, is pirating.. The game even has the leather armor give you a pirate's hat for goodness sake. Now when I say the them is "pirating", I mean the era of pirating. It is HEAVILY inspired by that, and to say otherwise is ridiculous.

Did I ever say I wasn't trying to get the devs to change the game? No. I'm saying people don't want to lose their characters, and people don't want their characters not to look the way they want them to look. I'm saying that will harm the game more than just doing away with the mechanic altogether, and if people want to change their character for whatever reason, let them breed away.

You call that dismantling? You can't dismantle me with that level of argument. 

If aging was core to the game, and not some fluff, it would already be in the game, even in early access. A core mechanic is something you basically can't have a game without. You can have this game without aging. It is already good without it. We don't need it, and I think most probably don't want it either.

Every bit of this is self rationalizing nonsense. 

Bye Felicia.

Edited by boomervoncannon