Sign in to follow this  
MindOfMadness

Updated patch notes... They are fixing flags and lawless is no longer starter zones!!!!

8 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I don't play on the officials (I play on an unofficial), but it kind of seems like they want the lawless to go back to the intended purpose. People had been using them as a place for their base because that was the only land they could find. They want you to move to the other islands where they have now changed the claim system to allow you to build a base and be taxed on someone else's land. This was described in descriptions of the game before it was released. That you would be taxed and live on a companies land. I was wondering how that was going to work, and I think this is how.

Lawless areas are for treasure hunts, PVP over resources, things like that, not for bases apparently.

If the players see the advantages of living on a companies land, I can see towns being created, trading occurring, and other activities that don't currently happen much. The large company can provide the security and law to keep all the small companies in line and not fighting each other. At least I would think it could work that way.

I haven't seen them make any statements about the intended purpose of the lawless zones other than you can't claim land there.

4 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I don't play on the officials (I play on an unofficial), but it kind of seems like they want the lawless to go back to the intended purpose. People had been using them as a place for their base because that was the only land they could find. They want you to move to the other islands where they have now changed the claim system to allow you to build a base and be taxed on someone else's land. This was described in descriptions of the game before it was released. That you would be taxed and live on a companies land. I was wondering how that was going to work, and I think this is how.

Lawless areas are for treasure hunts, PVP over resources, things like that, not for bases apparently.

If the players see the advantages of living on a companies land, I can see towns being created, trading occurring, and other activities that don't currently happen much. The large company can provide the security and law to keep all the small companies in line and not fighting each other. At least I would think it could work that way.

It's too early for them to make lawless unattractive then.  Claims are still bugged as hell, and people are wondering about the specifics of this base with tax system.  Currently there are a number of bigger companies recruiting people, giving them a bit of land, then booting them out and taking all their stuff.  If it's the same mechanic for being "taxed" for a base, then no way would anyone pay for the privilege of having all their stuff stolen.  Also, I play on a pve server.  There's no point to taxes on pve right now.  On pvp you pay them for protection (what a racket!), but on pve, it only makes you a serf.  You get nothing for it.

If they add game mechanics for towns/cities and all that goes along with that, and have player run shops, then taxes might make some sense for pve, but if that's even in the design spec, it's probably a long way off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

I wonder why you could fast travel to lawless and I couldn't.  The bed just didn't show up on the fast travel map at all.  When I asked about it, people said you couldn't fast travel to lawless.  Maybe they changed it?  I tried yesterday.

Not sure why you can't but I can confirm I've been fast traveling to several different beds in lawless zones just fine...that is until your raft gets demolished by a whale or crocs lol

3 hours ago, Ankhwearer said:

Perhaps the raft was grief-sunk?

I thought it was, and that's why I couldn't travel to it, but when I got back, it was sitting there safe and sound.

Well, that's EA for you.  Sometimes it's hard to tell if something is a game mechanic or a bug.  I'll give it another try next time I'm away from the island and see what I get.  If you can fast travel to a bed in Lawless, I guess I don't have a problem with them not being on the homeserver list,