Sign in to follow this  
MindOfMadness

Updated patch notes... They are fixing flags and lawless is no longer starter zones!!!!

If Lawless is being removed from spawning, will it allow people to claim??? Hate to see people have their stuff claimed out from under them. 

6 minutes ago, stormoffires said:

If Lawless is being removed from spawning, will it allow people to claim??? Hate to see people have their stuff claimed out from under them. 

I'm hoping they leave it unclaimable but we can spawn to our beds.

• Like 2

I just moved to lawless. Started a new life there, I was  Recently force out of my claim.  Not sure what it mean..

need to pick a new homeserver(freeport) lawless

• Like 3

means  the freeports will be only new player spawns a originally intended

Edited by UDO

1 minute ago, UDO said:

means u can claim at lawless

The patch notes didn't say that...

A possibility, but not what the notes said.

3 minutes ago, boneslash said:

I just moved to lawless. Started a new life there, I was  Recently force out of my claim.  Not sure what it mean..

need to pick a new homeserver(freeport) lawless

I'll be logging on at work to make sure I get a claim in if it does go that way...  I'll save you a spot tax free if the devs don't give us an answer before they drop the patch.

22 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

I'll be logging on at work to make sure I get a claim in if it does go that way...  I'll save you a spot tax free if the devs don't give us an answer before they drop the patch.

🙂 i will hold u too that if that happens 🙂

Edited by UDO

28 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

Well, patch notes say v10.0 on Monday. that give me some time to fishing the ship and leave, and fine that spot.. Thanks

The whole definition of a Lawless zone is that you cannot claim.

It's bump to being a starting territory was a compromise because the 15 starting zones couldn't handle the entire population at the start of the game. I'm not surprised to see this revert back to how it was on day one of the game.

I have never left the starter Lawless zone I've been playing in, and am not really worried by the change since I have 2 rafts and a sloop, with a schooner on the way. I like taming and taming doesn't need to travel the map as long as you can trade for the needed special foods.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ankhwearer said:

The whole definition of a Lawless zone is that you cannot claim.

It's bump to being a starting territory was a compromise because the 15 starting zones couldn't handle the entire population at the start of the game. I'm not surprised to see this revert back to how it was on day one of the game.

I have never left the starter Lawless zone I've been playing in, and am not really worried by the change since I have 2 rafts and a sloop, with a schooner on the way. I like taming and taming doesn't need to travel the map as long as you can trade for the needed special foods.

I live in the lawless zone as well and if they just make it so I can spawn on my bed I don't care about claiming any land... I just needed a spot to put a house to work from.

I'm kind of looking forward to the lawless zones filling up like small villages.

Some are saying people are starting to pillar spam though. * sigh *

• Like 1

They added Lawless as extra homeports/starts because of the initial troubles.  Lawless were Islands with no claims, level cap of 8 (to maybe make them non appealing place to call home long term)  and quicker decay rate on builds placed,  if I recall the first couple of days. lol.. Then they needed the start space so used them as a temp solution while they worked on smoothing starts out so, they are just reverting them back to what they were meant to be, so it seems.

Edited by Liatni

48 minutes ago, Liatni said:

They added Lawless as extra homeports/starts because of the initial troubles.  Lawless were Islands with no claims, level cap of 8 (to maybe make them non appealing place to call home long term)  and quicker decay rate on builds placed,  if I recall the first couple of days. lol.. Then they needed the start space so used them as a temp solution while they worked on smoothing starts out so, they are just reverting them back to what they were meant to be, so it seems.

the level cap was or is beign removed from lawless zones..levle 8 was for starting areas((freeports)). 

Claims will still not be able to be laid in lawless zones, everyones worried about not being able to spawn at their beds in the lawless zones..thats not going to happen, what they are removing is the ability to choose it as a home server. that will be reduced to just freeports like day 1..and as intentended

12 minutes ago, mizunami said:

the level cap was or is beign removed from lawless zones..levle 8 was for starting areas((freeports)). 

Claims will still not be able to be laid in lawless zones, everyones worried about not being able to spawn at their beds in the lawless zones..thats not going to happen, what they are removing is the ability to choose it as a home server. that will be reduced to just freeports like day 1..and as intentended

Can you cite the source of this information?

As far as I know they haven't made an official statement either way.

the patch notes themselves saying so?

2 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

Can you cite the source of this information?

As far as I know they haven't made an official statement either way.

- Lawless servers can no longer be specified as Homesevers. If your Homeserver was a lawless server, you'll be required to pick a new (Freeport) Homeserver upon respawn.

1 minute ago, mizunami said:

the patch notes themselves saying so?

- Lawless servers can no longer be specified as Homesevers. If your Homeserver was a lawless server, you'll be required to pick a new (Freeport) Homeserver upon respawn.

That doesn't say anything about spawning to beds in the lawless zones. Only that it can't be a spawn point as a "homeserver"

...thats all they are changing...i dont see how thats not clear...they aren't makign it so beds cant be used, they are changing homeserver selection and using that as a respawn.. how is that not clear at all?

Just now, mizunami said:

...thats all they are changing...i dont see how thats not clear...they aren't makign it so beds cant be used, they are changing homeserver selection and using that as a respawn.. how is that not clear at all?

Beds currently can't be used... :classic_blink:

• Like 1

Well, you can respawn to your bed in lawless if you've died there, but as far as I know, you can't fast travel there from another bed, which will be a big pain in the arse now that you can't pick it as your homeserver.  Gives the lawless squatters yet another disadvantage over those who claimed all the land early or stole it due to bugs.   I'd be a lot less worried about it if the wildlife would stop eating ships and beds out there.  You never know when you're going to log on with no spawn spot except a freeport now.

So if you want to take a long voyage, and can't fast travel back to lawless to repair your stuff, and can't die and go there as a homeserver, the only option is to die, go to the nearest Freeport, punch trees, build a raft and sail back in time to do the upkeep in lawless.  Seems kinda punitive to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Winter Thorne said:

Well, you can respawn to your bed in lawless if you've died there, but as far as I know, you can't fast travel there from another bed, which will be a big pain in the arse now that you can't pick it as your homeserver.  Gives the lawless squatters yet another disadvantage over those who claimed all the land early or stole it due to bugs.   I'd be a lot less worried about it if the wildlife would stop eating ships and beds out there.  You never know when you're going to log on with no spawn spot except a freeport now.

So if you want to take a long voyage, and can't fast travel back to lawless to repair your stuff, and can't die and go there as a homeserver, the only option is to die, go to the nearest Freeport, punch trees, build a raft and sail back in time to do the upkeep in lawless.  Seems kinda punitive to me.

Just leave a second raft with a bed at lawless.

8 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Just leave a second raft with a bed at lawless.

I'm not sure how that helps.  I had a raft with a bed in lawless while I traveled all over the place in search of salt for 2 days.  I had to hope it didn't get eaten by a giant snake while I was gone.  (Common in my area)  It didn't..yay.  However, I could not fast travel back to that bed to do any repairs on my stuff there.  I figured in a pinch, I'd be able to park the raft I was sailing at the nearest lawless or freeport, then die and respawn back to my lawless  home area, but that's going away.  So no fast travel options for the lawless, unless I'm missing something.

Just now, Winter Thorne said:

I'm not sure how that helps.  I had a raft with a bed in lawless while I traveled all over the place in search of salt for 2 days.  I had to hope it didn't get eaten by a giant snake while I was gone.  (Common in my area)  It didn't..yay.  However, I could not fast travel back to that bed to do any repairs on my stuff there.  I figured in a pinch, I'd be able to park the raft I was sailing at the nearest lawless or freeport, then die and respawn back to my lawless  home area, but that's going away.  So no fast travel options for the lawless, unless I'm missing something.

When I decided to venture out and find an island to settle on I left a raft at lawless where i have a little hut. Every 2 days I fast travel to the bed on the raft, go to my hut, make sure everything's ok, then fast travel back to my island.

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

When I decided to venture out and find an island to settle on I left a raft at lawless where i have a little hut. Every 2 days I fast travel to the bed on the raft, go to my hut, make sure everything's ok, then fast travel back to my island.

I wonder why you could fast travel to lawless and I couldn't.  The bed just didn't show up on the fast travel map at all.  When I asked about it, people said you couldn't fast travel to lawless.  Maybe they changed it?  I tried yesterday.

24 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Not a bed in a house. You can spawn to beds on rafts and boats but not one you placed in a house.

I don't play on the officials (I play on an unofficial), but it kind of seems like they want the lawless to go back to the intended purpose. People had been using them as a place for their base because that was the only land they could find. They want you to move to the other islands where they have now changed the claim system to allow you to build a base and be taxed on someone else's land. This was described in descriptions of the game before it was released. That you would be taxed and live on a companies land. I was wondering how that was going to work, and I think this is how.

Lawless areas are for treasure hunts, PVP over resources, things like that, not for bases apparently.

If the players see the advantages of living on a companies land, I can see towns being created, trading occurring, and other activities that don't currently happen much. The large company can provide the security and law to keep all the small companies in line and not fighting each other. At least I would think it could work that way.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

Not a bed in a house. You can spawn to beds on rafts and boats but not one you placed in a house.

My bed was on a raft.