Sign in to follow this  
archaegeo

Upcoming patch makes me sad - Easy mode sailing

Hello,  sorry if my english is bad.

I have don't play to Ark and Sea of thieves, it's important to say.

The game it's in early acess for 2 year and can change any time and make game are not altruistic and make, in majority, for make money and attract much player as possible. A game it's a game with limits even if we wish to see this limits pushed further.

In my opinion this only point of 30% of max speed in front of wind "Vent debout", with sails at 100%, have goods and bads points.

I say my opinion overall, but, don't forget, we don't have same amount of time, regional/country diversity in team and wish of simulation.
I like simulation and wish to play all the day.
I'm student in France and i try to play with others student, we can't play at same level of simulation in our team and can't spend lot of time just because is to much realistic. I do learn in my little team how use wind, navigation or maneuvers and it's hard.  We can't play for be in the top, just have aventure, have fun and bad time together.

Overall

Bads points:
-Remove possibility to use the brake, no realistic, without close sails or use anchor if you can. This brake stop or reduce momentum of ships.
-You can't turn in front of wind without move forward. No realistic without strength of wind or oars or used stream with anchor and rudder

-For me 30% of max speed, full open sails, can be too much. Between 20% and 10% it's good for some situations. I have see some people get angry but don't play with % of sails for reduce speed, specialy in raft.
-No realistic because when you are "vent debout" you loose the strength of wind.

Goods points:

-If you have no wind for long time, you can travel slowly. No wind, not sails in front of wind.  I have see in tchat in-game a little amount of people be angry of this and think to this situation. No realistic
-It's a little more realisitic because you don't have the brake. It's a false momentum i agree, but it's exist and you do be more careful when your change direction of your ship. In pvp it's avoid ramming without thinking near lands and stop magicaly just with use of front wind.
-Sailing are more permissive for maneuvers and for "Changer de bord" and it's more difficult to move with raft. It's learning to play with % of sails, for me a good point because, in beginning, one of my crew just play with 0% and 100%, like lot people, because "after were have sloop with rudder".

-You can go, slowly, in others regions. I think to freeport where some people go in one cardinal direction because they can't go in opposit wind direction without loose hours. It's can be produce best distribution of people

Special point for max speed of 15%

Yes we can sail with more speed, it's reduce distance between islands, we can gain more time for raiding, explore, get ressource or go IRL.

But more speed mean also bigger cost for error of sailing. Mean less time for change direction or see hazards in sea or coast. Mean to be  more alert and more skill when it's not a calm situation or in combat when opponent can follow you or get more quick.

Sinking a ennemy with use his speed against him can be a bigger weapon with this modification. A vicious pirate are more dangerous than a simple pirate.

Thanks

I thank you if you read everything and remember it's my opinion for this points.

Friends pirates, (i don't have sentence in english for the follow sentence, so i google traduct, sorry and if you have something like this i would be happy to read this. )

"Que les vents vous soient favorables"

That the winds are favorable to you

Edited by Luneart
Be more accurate