Sign in to follow this  
skydelta3

PvE Base Claiming (NO)

WHY IS IT that in PvE you can get your base stolen and then have them destroy it all just to run away and never come back? doesn't that defeat the purpose of PvE? A player on NA PvE server by the name of Ebony Bain in the Zero Topia company is doing such things.........
This needs to be changed, this guy literally destroyed everything then tried to claim he was just paying me back for stealing his stuff, of course which i have never done.... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

welcome to the club had the same thing happen in eu server some turkish guy started telling me  ive taken over the base they had and now they are taking it back i was the 1st one on the island been playing since the release day on that spot. Lets just say i lost the base and 2 sloops and schooners .... 

• Sad 1

technically as fun as it may be to raid people (only by pin codes or they left unlock) you really shouldn't be able to do anything negative to another player. in PVE. 

• Like 2

This behavior is still rampant. Even after the patch. Maybe the flags need to be replaced to ‘activate’ the fixed system. But removing and replacing flags is suicide you loose any overlaps.  

Gotta say in my opinion any pve style experience is completely impossible right now. PVE is just passive aggressive PVP. Not sure I’ll be investing any time until this looks fixed. Don’t like the idea of a server wipe as it hurts legit players  but not wiping just rewards the griefers, trolls and people who land grabbed entire islands. Entire system is poorly designed. 

Timers do seem to be resetting, however, at 16,000 seconds you’re only able to be away for 4.5 hours before people can start claiming your land.  Initially I thought they said they wanted 3 days for the timer.  Maybe they meant 3 days in game lol.  It’s not nearly long enough.  You should be able to safely go to work, or sleep, without having to worry about your lands being stolen.

If you're sleeping on your claim, it cannot be stolen. If you have land claimed all over, you need more people to be available for defense or you should be able to lose your land.  Personally, I think a player should only be able to own 1 claim. Larger companies could expand in this manner but more people would have access to build areas.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KeyenDF said:

Timers do seem to be resetting, however, at 16,000 seconds you’re only able to be away for 4.5 hours before people can start claiming your land.  Initially I thought they said they wanted 3 days for the timer.  Maybe they meant 3 days in game lol.  It’s not nearly long enough.  You should be able to safely go to work, or sleep, without having to worry about your lands being stolen.

The timer display is bugged. It continues to negative numbers and the protection still applies.

image.thumb.png.5d6ec01ee3ade78ed140ee389ba3ec78.png

My theory is that it goes all the way to -240k before it can be claimed (3 days = 259200 seconds). But since everyone around me is resetting their timers I cannot verify this myself. However, one user said this in another thread. In any case, if you see upkeep timer (even negative), it means the 3 day protection is active.

On 1/5/2019 at 11:48 AM, UDO said:

u could be spot on here as one of our allys who moved t tundra reported flags that had minus 230k next day he was able to claim them 

Edited by moriak

The base stealing and ship sinking has made this game unplayable. Had another plot of land stolen overnight so something is still clearly broken. I definitely went around and ‘touched’ each claim to refresh it. The only claims I’m left with are tiny sandbars over a minute travel from any resources. 

To make matters worse the neighbors that stole our base and a half built schooner and a weeks worth of gameplay are now trying to extort us to get it back. 

We could have used the weight glitch to sink all their ships days ago but we are not assholes. Seems to me that much of the PVE server is just populated by griefers. The devs aren’t really interested in allowing a PVE experience. We really wanted to just build some ships, travel around the map, have a small base, go on treasure hunts etc. Everyone I play with is fed up. 

There is clearly a lot of potential in this game. It’s a shame really. 

• Like 2

Same here.....logged in this morning after only missing one day of not playing (saturday) and our base is gone.  66 hour of play time and i have virtually nothing to show for it..if I wanted that i would have played on a PVP server.  Broke AF!

• Sad 1

Not sure how they fix this without wiping.  Wiping would hurt all the legit players out there and communities that are just playing the game. Not wiping rewards all the griefers and people who did mass land grabs.

I think they need to reduce things to one flag per person and make additional flags very expensive in terms of skill points and maintenance. They could implement this retroactively by giving everyone a short grace period to select which of their existing flags is their primary claim. All the other flags would immediately start to decay and if the player has put points into ‘land ownersip’ they could then place down a second or third flag etc. 

ya it adresses some of the issues, but it doesn't help what has already transpired, good luck finding more places to live.

in terms of losing land/boats etc to glitches or failed mechanics, this is early access, that's kinda what you signed on for. To be the guys that say "hey devs!, this isn't working."

In regards to wipes, also ea, if they need to wipe they need to wipe, it will suck but that's the rub with ea games.

btw yes we have lost land and boats to glitches as well.

in regards to people stealing stuff out of a smithy or unlocked box because you didn't build a roof or pinlock then that's fine by me. If they steal by glitch or by hack then not fine. It is a pirate game, i don't really see an issue with boarding a boat you find at sea and looting it if they leave it unlocked and i wouldn't be annoyed for long if it happened to me, even on a pve server.