Sign in to follow this  
Hector of Troy

Company Asset Management and Civil Planning

Tell me one of the major drawbacks of belonging to a company is if things go sour with the group and you want to leave but to do so you have to usually leave with none of your stuff. I think it would be nice to see a system where assets are managed in the company by conditions of asset ownership and contacts. 

For example if I join a corporation with a Sloop, when I received the invite to join the company you could State whether or not all assets belong to the company or if I maintain assets that I bring with me. if I were then to leave that company that assets that I began with would once again be mine. But at the same token well with the company a company member may choose to donate assets to the company itself if the company does not require all assets belong to them.

If deciding to leave the company a company officer or leader can then invite the company member to resign. They can then label assets as belonging to that person if the company chooses to provide them with a severance.

in addition while being a member of the company if the company has needs of certain resources they can set up limited contracts within the company to automatically dollar assets two company members upon retrieving said resources.

I think this would add a layer of dynamics two company gameplay where they feel less like tribes and more like Pirates or privateers.

Also with this would be the idea of being able to use the map of claims to hand draw zones that can then be assigned to different roles. This idea of zoning can allow company leadership to Foster creative civil planning Solutions while delegating it to company members. This can also be tied to the contract system if a certain structure is built within the zone and conditions met. This could also work for livestock if a company member where to deliver a tame to that zone and then set it to company assets.

Overall it would be nice!

the only issue i could see with that idea is people joining, stuffing there storage with the groups premium loot and leaving.

The idea is a good one mind but would need to look into naughty people abusing it 😛

48 minutes ago, Nomolos said:

the only issue i could see with that idea is people joining, stuffing there storage with the groups premium loot and leaving.

The idea is a good one mind but would need to look into naughty people abusing it 😛

That would be prevented by the way you allow people to join. This opens the door of course for betrayal, but that takes a lot of social engineering to usually accomplish such as the cases seen in games like Ever Online.