Sanbo

You can Steal Territory in PVE

1 hour ago, CountCocoPuf said:

Hmm, if a sleeping body counts as contesting then that’s good news, but I have not seen confirmation of that.

Can anyone confirm a sleeping body will contest a flag from being taken?

Okay so I tested this out with a friendly clan. I logged out next to my base and when I showed up as sleeping they put the flag down. It stayed at 9:59 and showed as contested. So my theory is that as long as you are in the proximity of the area that is trying to be claimed, they will not be able to claim it. Further testing is probably needed and I implore you to find s friendly tribe and test this for yourself. It can’t hurt. We know it takes at least an an hour and 30 minutes to win a claim, so if you log out for 2 minutes they won’t be able to claim your land, so you’re not rushing anything.

Test it out and let me know what you find!

Simple solution..  

1. PVE server- Player claims can not overide an existing land claim.

2. ONE land claim per PERSON PER SEVER. Companies get 1 per person in the comp. Person leaves that is no longer apart of that companies land, bigger area.

3, Claim Areas that have NOT had an owner/company member inside them in 7 days get removed .  Buildings decay as normal for being in a no claim area. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pax said:

Simple solution..  

2. ONE land claim per PERSON PER SEVER. Companies get 1 per person in the comp. Person leaves that is no longer apart of that companies land, bigger area.

3, Claim Areas that have NOT had an owner/company member inside them in 7 days get removed .  Buildings decay as normal for being in a no claim area. 

100% for #2.. there's no reason why anyone should have more then 1 claim.  Just means people spamming them everywhere. 

4 hours ago, CountCocoPuf said:

Okay so I tested this out with a friendly clan. I logged out next to my base and when I showed up as sleeping they put the flag down. It stayed at 9:59 and showed as contested. So my theory is that as long as you are in the proximity of the area that is trying to be claimed, they will not be able to claim it. Further testing is probably needed and I implore you to find s friendly tribe and test this for yourself. It can’t hurt. We know it takes at least an an hour and 30 minutes to win a claim, so if you log out for 2 minutes they won’t be able to claim your land, so you’re not rushing anything.

Test it out and let me know what you find!

The issue also lies with the fact that if I want to venture out for a couple hours, I could literally come back to my base gone seeing as there's no one to contest it.

It needs fixing or some inactivity timer in which if you fail to enter that territory after a certain amount of days, you lose it.

Something needds to be done, they already did work on Alliance claim flags and I'm surprised they didn't fix this at the same time.

Im not sure at all how this works..

Some folks stole land from me,but when I tried to get it back the flag was simply stuck at like 9:50..

After I left the area I got message my claim is been interrupted then failed,but no one was there.. 

So no idea lol

5 hours ago, Pax said:

Simple solution..  

This 100%. I tried pushing this is in ARK to a degree, but it seems so much easier to implement in ATLAS with the flag claims. No reason this should be working like ARK pillars.

Really hoping this is what gets implemented in the near future, cause this is a pretty big deterrent

I think? you get a message if someone tries to take your land... so if you are in a boat, just fast travel via bed on home and block it.  Definitely not a perfect system - but if you always log out in your home territory / main flag area.... and travel back via beds if that spot is contested - may be that you cannot protect 5 flags, but you can probably defend one?

yeah need a limit on how many flags you can have, also maybe if you got a bed-housing they cant stake a claim there

its not easy balance out this but there needs to be a definitive way of stopping taking at least 1 of your claims, so you can at least have a "home/base" in case game or you get lost at sea due to bugs-ships sinking

23 hours ago, Sp3cialG said:

Their flag system seems to be based off of Eve's territory system. It requires team work with other companies and you aren't going to find every company wants to work with you. PvE servers are filled with individuals that want to play the game without being griefed and individuals that aren't good enough to survive on a PvP servers so they harass PvE players.

My company was the only company in the area. We set off and claimed the entire southside of the island we were on. Every 10 minutes a flag went down as we collected resources. We noticed another company claimed land, chatted with them about it, they took the west and we took the south. Easy. 

This system only works if you are able to meet other companies that are willing to be civil.

The key thing here is "willing to be civil". 

I've seen that on officials, but there are also plenty that are not. Only thing that stops those is a game mechanic that forces them to cooperate or a admin that boots them from the server. They are not in the game to be civil, they are there to cause as much trouble as they can.

2 hours ago, Mahakmar said:

yeah need a limit on how many flags you can have, also maybe if you got a bed-housing they cant stake a claim there

its not easy balance out this but there needs to be a definitive way of stopping taking at least 1 of your claims, so you can at least have a "home/base" in case game or you get lost at sea due to bugs-ships sinking

Yes, I was surprised you could plant more than one flag. Should be one flag per company member. If you plant a 2nd, the 1st should either go away or be claimable.

Yes me and a mate had 2 locations in pve where someone stole the 1st location [better yet it takes about an hour and half to take back area then 10 mins to reclaim] And apparently if you put a barrel down you can place a flag on that in the water. This is a joke for pve it kills your spawn and makes building pointless. Not to mention once they contest your land the can have a field day in your storage boxes as well.  I understand this is Early Access and treating it as so but this issue really needs address.

When I first started, I was informed it was 1 flag was tribemate. I thought ok, that's cool. I have 3 tribemates, so my limit would be 3 flags. But then found out it's more and I'm like oh.... this is trouble lol. Then, I went out to another region below me to farm metal, and I receive the notification that my territory has been stolen... well, that's a bummer. Had only been out of the region for 3 hours.

Claims should be limited, but probably more than one per player, maybe up to three because I can see a need to be able to claim more than one area. Other players should absolutely not be able to steal your claim unless your claim decays after at least 7 days. Players should possibly have to pay taxes to maintain their claims, they have this system in Medieval Engineers where you make a claim and then pay resources as taxes for more time on that claim. Players should be able to build and have beds without a claim but be vulnerable to theft and have an extremely small no build radius. You could have a really hard picklock mechanic that players would use to break into someone's house and boxes that aren't on 'claimed' land. Finally, if someone does claim the land you have built on, they shouldn't have the ability to take your stuff, there should be taxes and a certain amount of time you have to pay them. Just please don't kill PVE by allowing this current stealing claims nonsense to continue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MechanizedIT said:

Claims should be limited, but probably more than one per player, maybe up to three because I can see a need to be able to claim more than one area. Other players should absolutely not be able to steal your claim unless your claim decays after at least 7 days. Players should possibly have to pay taxes to maintain their claims, they have this system in Medieval Engineers where you make a claim and then pay resources as taxes for more time on that claim. Players should be able to build and have beds without a claim but be vulnerable to theft and have an extremely small no build radius. You could have a really hard picklock mechanic that players would use to break into someone's house and boxes that aren't on 'claimed' land. Finally, if someone does claim the land you have built on, they shouldn't have the ability to take your stuff, there should be taxes and a certain amount of time you have to pay them. Just please don't kill PVE by allowing this current stealing claims nonsense to continue.

PVE = Player vs ENVIRONMENT.  You are describing elements where a player steals from another player which is Player vs PLAYER.

But, claim theft is BS.  1 person = 1 claim.

That claim should decay at a set rate.  Whether it's refreshed by logging in or some form of taxation, I don't care.  Taking my claim?  Then why would I want to build a house, fort, shipyard, anything if it can be gone in a matter of minutes.

That being said, I did try earlier to test this on some claims where the owner has never showed up.  The claim stopped at 9:59 and I was unable to take their claim.  I was however able to drop multiple claims, much like the one guy who owns 90% of my island.

yeah say that to me in my little corner of the world, came on and i lost my claim , now im into a raft trying to find anywhere thats not claimed , also some of the new claim people i seen their claim is 2x range of my little one, what gives ?

24 minutes ago, Mahakmar said:

yeah say that to me in my little corner of the world, came on and i lost my claim , now im into a raft trying to find anywhere thats not claimed , also some of the new claim people i seen their claim is 2x range of my little one, what gives ?

Ocean Claims are way bigger.

UPCOMING PATCH:

Can no longer claim unallied boats on PVE servers.

Territory can only be claimed if owner has not been active around the territory within the last 3 days

Edited by Caduryn

ah great , well hopefully ill find a spot to anchor and call home  , hard to find any spots atm unless you travel way offgrid 😞

21 hours ago, Twoapplesnbanana said:

The land claiming system needs to be tweaked.  Anywhere I go in PvE all I see is entire islands littered with claim flags by the same guild.  Why are they able to spam claim?  How is anyone able to claim land and build a base if tribes are just owning entire grids in PvE?   

So one group can go in and basically claim all the land in a particular region? This would be like getting your own private Atlas server for free eh?

In PVE claims should be implemented as in WoW Draenor. You have your own land, as you appear and for all it is one (your don't see other players). You can stay on your land or go to others (but you must fight for them with other people(clans) to claim it).

as me read it in patch notes ... problem should have solved ...

Current Version: v6.5

- Ships and rafts no longer prevent resources from respawning. Note that nearby online players & structures (not claimflag ) will prevent resources from respawning.
- Fixed an issue where bed overlap protection was too strong, prevent players from respawning when they were too close to unfriendly ships or structures.
- Can no longer claim unallied boats on PVE servers. PVE Territory can only be claimed if the owner has not been active around the territory within the last 3 days.
- Further optimised server-side performance
- Fixed a bug with the repair hammer which allowed players to repair structures even if they had a damage cooldown. It will temporarily use the resources, however, this will be fixed in our upcoming client patch.
- Can now claim enemy ships in Lawless and Golden Age Ruin servers.

7 hours ago, Heki said:

as me read it in patch notes ... problem should have solved ...

So just had a claim stolen after the patch dont think its working.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sanbo said:

So just had a claim stolen after the patch dont think its working.

too bad me hoped they had fixed it

I just had all of my 5 claims stolen and both of my bases destroyed. They took all our mats and destroyed our ship too. This is a joke, should not be happening on a PVE server. We were just active last night too so the whole 3 days thing is BS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1