Sanbo

You can Steal Territory in PVE

Just tested on PVE you can steal a territory and there is nothing you can do about it. So anybody can claim your base and the only thing you can do is wait them out. Please tell me its not supposed to be that way,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

yes but whats the point of pve they can just loot you clean and move on.  Since it is pve you cant even fight back.

• Like 1

did you already own the area before they stole it?

Edited by John

On PVE worlds the player that contests a claim should be flagged for PVP then those that defend can choose to pack up their goods or flag themselves and fight back. Also the contest should last for at least an hour or until the attacking party is killed/surrender as well as sending an email notification to warn offline players (after linking email).

That is baloney and should not be on PvE. PvE means exactly that - the environment (mobs, and other game stuff) are all you have to worry about, not other players...

What you describe is the worst of both worlds - someone can steal your base, and you can't fight them off - just watch whilst they do it...

That cannot be how this intended to work!

• Like 1

Right I agree.  It should not be in PVE it should be a decay timer.  I dont even care if they make them a manual refresh to combat large area spamming.

• Like 2

I decided to quit already today after a party of 8 people came in and stole everything from our bases and claimed the area along a coast we had already done so. I was tired of arguing with my friend that I wasn't playing a game to stand near a flag while someone tried to steal it. What are we to do if we are halfway across the world? Its fucking dumb and not fun. Also not going to be on call to log on to stand near a flag for a game. I will wait for private servers when I can modify settings how I like and not worry about other people ruining it for me ona pve server.

• Like 3

The problem is: There must be the possibility to capture the territory otherwise, the company with more members can just take all places until no one can get a territory.

So, the solution is: When someone gets into your territory, automatically get PVP then, you can spawn  in your bed and fight.

Hope it will be parched.

3 hours ago, Spycol said:

The problem is: There must be the possibility to capture the territory otherwise, the company with more members can just take all places until no one can get a territory.

So, the solution is: When someone gets into your territory, automatically get PVP then, you can spawn  in your bed and fight.

Hope it will be parched.

Exactly, this is an MMO after all. Even in World of Warcraft you are "flagged" for PVP upon entering enemy territory even on a PVE server.

23 minutes ago, Artumes said:

Exactly, this is an MMO after all. Even in World of Warcraft you are "flagged" for PVP upon entering enemy territory even on a PVE server.

So what's the point of PVE servers and PVP servers then?

18 minutes ago, Sakura said:

So what's the point of PVE servers and PVP servers then?

They need to find a way to balance. I'm not saying it's the perfect solution, just saying there are PVP elements in PVE servers of other MMOs. Being such a vital part of the game, it is something the Devs will have to be careful what they do. I just know it feels terrible logging in to find everything you put 20 hours into, stripped and reclaimed, but at the same time you don't want big Companies to own the entire map. Perhaps putting a diminishing return on the claim flags the more area your company has. So if you have a small area 1-2 flags it takes say 24ish hours for another company to try to claim it, but if you have more say 10ish it takes only 5hours, 20ish 1hour. The initial claim should take significantly longer the more territory your company owns. 

Edited by Artumes

The whole flag system is terrible. Why let one company claim a whole huge island without having to build anything? If they want to do the flag system it needs to be capped at like 2 flags per company in PVE. The map is huge but actual habitable land is def not enough for every company to have 5-flags up. We sailed for 4 hours and already every single island we saw was fully claimed.

1 minute ago, Maxito said:

The whole flag system is terrible. Why let one company claim a whole huge island without having to build anything? If they want to do the flag system it needs to be capped at like 2 flags per company in PVE. The map is huge but actual habitable land is def not enough for every company to have 5-flags up. We sailed for 4 hours and already every single island we saw was fully claimed.

This is what I'm hoping for.

That said... it was is new, and we will likely see changes and balance going into 2019. They went ham on getting it playable in a day right before Christmas Eve. I think they did well for now, so let people mess around a bit, and hit the ground running after the holidays. Balance, system revamps, wipes, etc.

• Like 1

Their flag system seems to be based off of Eve's territory system. It requires team work with other companies and you aren't going to find every company wants to work with you. PvE servers are filled with individuals that want to play the game without being griefed and individuals that aren't good enough to survive on a PvP servers so they harass PvE players.

My company was the only company in the area. We set off and claimed the entire southside of the island we were on. Every 10 minutes a flag went down as we collected resources. We noticed another company claimed land, chatted with them about it, they took the west and we took the south. Easy. 

This system only works if you are able to meet other companies that are willing to be civil.

Gotta lock things up  if you dont pin lock your boxes what do you expect this is a pirate survival game.

Also submit this as a bug could be one this is early access you are testing the game out basically.

As far as I can tell this is still in play. Would love to hear the devs thoughts on this as everyone I have spoken with in game would like to see this changed to make it much more difficult to claim someone’s land and all the assets that go with it.

Devs, you’ve been great with communication on this release. I hope you see this and offer your thoughts.

Thanks!

That's alarming. Shouldn't have to risk losing days of work because you went to sleep...........

• Like 2

Is this still an issue?  I thought I saw a tweet about a fix but I can't find it anymore.  If my body is sleeping in my house within my flag territory, will someone be able to come drop a flag while I'm logged out and take my stuff?  I hope this is something addressed sooner than later because I am really enjoying the game but it's game breaking to risk getting wiped while you're not logged in.  Someone on discord said your sleeping body counts against a contested flag but I haven't seen anything confirming or denying that.

This thread is depressing.  By the time my company of 2 gets sailing it doesn’t sound like there will be any land left and if people can just take it while we are away what’s the point? 

2 minutes ago, sora said:

Is this still an issue?  I thought I saw a tweet about a fix but I can't find it anymore.  If my body is sleeping in my house within my flag territory, will someone be able to come drop a flag while I'm logged out and take my stuff?  I hope this is something addressed sooner than later because I am really enjoying the game but it's game breaking to risk getting wiped while you're not logged in.  Someone on discord said your sleeping body counts against a contested flag but I haven't seen anything confirming or denying that.

Hmm, if a sleeping body counts as contesting then that’s good news, but I have not seen confirmation of that.

Can anyone confirm a sleeping body will contest a flag from being taken?

The land claiming system needs to be tweaked.  Anywhere I go in PvE all I see is entire islands littered with claim flags by the same guild.  Why are they able to spam claim?  How is anyone able to claim land and build a base if tribes are just owning entire grids in PvE?