randiladywolf

Remove tamed animals as "crew" on ships

I added 2 chickens to a sloop that had 2 people running it and it started to sink! It was sinking because we had 4 out of 3 allowed crew. I wanted to add a source of vitamins and food by getting eggs. 1 female chicken for eggs and 1 male chicken to inspire her. 🙂

It is ridiculous to count chickens as a crew member. They are cargo and should only count as weight. How are we to trade animals and run a ship? All tames should only count as weight/cargo. 

• Like 4

wow.... that's pretty absurd that they'd be considered as crew. Hopefully the devs do fix this but I'm not going to be optimistic as they don't seem to do anything about anything else i've seen "suggested".

Hear hear! Unless a chicken can swab its own poop off the poop deck, it should not be considered crew.

• Haha 1

could simply require animals be kept in crates causing them not to count as crew while in the crate.  When outside the crate make them count as crew.

I feel them counting towards the PERSON/CREW count is dumb yes, but perhaps there should be a second allotment per boat/ship/raft for animals.

Like x out of x livestock allowed on board, yes they do count towards weight but not allowing an allotment period and removing them as a crew member would be too strong and allow for too many animals on board depending how bare bones you make the ship.

Rafts: 1 Livestock Points 

Sloops: 3 Livestock Points 

Schooner: 5-6 Livestock Points 

Brigantine: 9-11 Livestock Points 

Galleon: 15-17 Livestock Points 

There is 3 Tiers of tames, Each Tier would have an automatic Point allotment they would take per craft: Tier 1 would be 1 point, Tier 2 would be 2 points, and Tier 3 would be 3 points.

This brings balance and doesn't allow things like 4-5 wolves on a raft (they weigh around 100 lbs each).

• Like 5

Well, I was thinking the balance would be the weight of the animal still counts toward the max weight of the ship but having a new livestock limit works for me. Good idea. 

Also the size of ships limits how many animals can fit. Can you fit 5 wolves on a raft? I suppose so so yeah ok, livestock limit. 

While playing last night a wild crow landed on my sloop and started sinking it! Nope not over weight. The damn crow was added to the crew count limit. lol. I'm going to report this as a bug. I almost spent a point to increase the crew limit until I discovered it takes 2 levels to add 1 crew member. Seemed like a waste of levels just so a crow can land. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, randiladywolf said:

While playing last night a wild crow landed on my sloop and started sinking it! Nope not over weight. The damn crow was added to the crew count limit. lol. I'm going to report this as a bug. I almost spent a point to increase the crew limit until I discovered it takes 2 levels to add 1 crew member. Seemed like a waste of levels just so a crow can land. 

Wtf :classic_blink:

Thanks for letting us know. Thumbs up for the idea that animals should be counted as livestock.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:41 AM, Keety said:

I feel them counting towards the PERSON/CREW count is dumb yes, but perhaps there should be a second allotment per boat/ship/raft for animals.

Like x out of x livestock allowed on board, yes they do count towards weight but not allowing an allotment period and removing them as a crew member would be too strong and allow for too many animals on board depending how bare bones you make the ship.

Rafts: 1 Livestock Points 

Sloops: 3 Livestock Points 

Schooner: 5-6 Livestock Points 

Brigantine: 9-11 Livestock Points 

Galleon: 15-17 Livestock Points 

There is 3 Tiers of tames, Each Tier would have an automatic Point allotment they would take per craft: Tier 1 would be 1 point, Tier 2 would be 2 points, and Tier 3 would be 3 points.

This brings balance and doesn't allow things like 4-5 wolves on a raft (they weigh around 100 lbs each).

I agree and like this idea. I mean, on my Schooner atm, I  have a cow on deck and hired a bunch of crew to work my ship - 2 on sails, 6 for cannons and then I got three others that just stand there and sweep so when I dock they can repair my ship. With my fiance and I on the ship, that brings us to the crew limit...but I wanted to add a chicken on board so I can also get eggs as well, so then I have animals that provide 2 vitamins out of the four, but of course, I would need to get rid of a crew member for this... Chickens are not good in combat, don't have much health, so they definitely should not count as a crew or I should be allowed as you said to have so many livestock on board that do not count as crew, but still add their weight to the ship.

ANIMALS ARE LIVING THINGS TOO!!!

If you are worried about a sloop, you shouldn't worry about food. Atm, I think the current food/vitamin system is absolute garbage. I mean hell, you get full off the food before you can even fill the other vitamin slot properly. So then since your overeating you start dying. Its fuckin stupid.

Ain't trying to tell you how to play, but during the start of play with my friends and me, we would just kill ourselves and respawn so we didn't have to eat or drink. It was just easier and faster because at the time, vitamins and food were going down soooo quickly (until it got nerfed a couple weeks back). Most of my friends still do that, because they feel its still just too much of a hassle, but since I'm like level 45 I think, I like having that vitamin buff up at all times for those stats.

Wild animals certainly shouldn't count as crew. Livestock limit integrated with existing weight limits seem fine.