Sign in to follow this  
Case of the Scurvy

Ships of the dammed

Forget everything else about them for this moment only.

The fact that they are in every zone everywhere at all times really takes away from the game IMO. 

so sick of seeing them at this point they are nothing special and just annoying. I was thinking they would be around yet rare making it a fun and unique encounter but damn... 

Why not make them more rare and replace with actual npc ships... wouldbnt that be more immersive? 

Edited by Case of the Scurvy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

NPC ships would be awesome but they would still need to be easily distinguished from player-built ships. Personally I dislike the SOTD look; it takes away from my pirate immersion.

Just now, Bisbois said:

NPC ships would be awesome but they would still need to be easily distinguished from player-built ships. Personally I dislike the SOTD look; it takes away from my pirate immersion.

Well Atlas is a fantasy game with things like magic and dragons (and skeletons and ghost ships). If you want a pure pirate simulator, this is never going to be it. 

As for the SotD they're a necessary evil right now. Until there are other NPC ships out there, the oceans need some sort of dangers for us to fight/avoid... otherwise sailing is pretty boring, at least on PVE. Once/if other NPC ships are introduced, which I certainly hope the devs plan to do,  the SotD can be relegated to a rarer and more limited role. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Bisbois said:

You mean the floating nikes?

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Well Atlas is a fantasy game with things like magic and dragons (and skeletons and ghost ships). If you want a pure pirate simulator, this is never going to be it. 

As for the SotD they're a necessary evil right now. Until there are other NPC ships out there, the oceans need some sort of dangers for us to fight/avoid... otherwise sailing is pretty boring, at least on PVE. Once/if other NPC ships are introduced, which I certainly hope the devs plan to do,  the SotD can be relegated to a rarer and more limited role. 

I get that... but does it have to be 600 sotd in every single zone.... 

7 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I dig the skeletons and ghost ship and dragons because they're a little more rare. Just wish 95% of my sea encounters weren't with lame looking ships is all.