I was wondering, are you able to equip nps' (hired crewmembers) with a gun (carbine)? If so, how do you equip the crewmember with a gun?

2 hours ago, Vipers Will said:

I was wondering, are you able to equip nps' (hired crewmembers) with a gun (carbine)? If so, how do you equip the crewmember with a gun?

You should be able to by placing the gun in their inventory, right-click on it for the context menu and select equip. Yeah, it's a bit unintuitive, but that works with spears so no reason it shouldn't work with guns too. Why there isn't a weapon slot on their paper doll GUI is another question though. 

Don't ask me if they need or use ammo, because I have no idea. My adventures with crewmembers have been rather shortlived. 

• Like 1

When I put a gun into their inventory and try to right click to press equip it is grayed out. 

11 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

You should be able to by placing the gun in their inventory, right-click on it for the context menu and select equip. Yeah, it's a bit unintuitive, but that works with spears so no reason it shouldn't work with guns too. Why there isn't a weapon slot on their paper doll GUI is another question though. 

Don't ask me if they need or use ammo, because I have no idea. My adventures with crewmembers have been rather shortlived. 

Edited by Vipers Will

2 minutes ago, Vipers Will said:

When I put a gun into their inventory and try to right click to press equip it is grayed out. 

Did you try giving them ammo as well? I'm just guessing here because you could fill volumes with the lack of information on how certain game mechanics are supposed to work in this game. I am 100% certain that you can equip spears with the context menu, though, and they will use them in combat. I've done it myself. Maybe all they can use are melee weapons, idk for sure. That would be sad if that's the case. 

• Like 1