JackViajante

How to embark animals

Wondering about this too. I walked a bear onto my boat while it was still in drydock using the ramps but now I'm afraid to take it off

Well I know NPC crews will kinda just teleport onto anything bigger than a raft when you board, maybe tamed animals set to follow will too? Give it a shot, it couldn't hurt unless your ship can't support their weight, then you might be in trouble. 

On a side note, one NPC crew will usually be able to get on board a raft, anything past that and they just kinda swim around it and/or under it. 

3 hours ago, JackViajante said:

How to take an Elephant from an island to another with a ship?

When ya get it done please let us know how and what type ship! I want a elephant soon too!!!

The animal (and NPC crew) itself should have an option to load onto your boat in its radial menu. Walk/Swim it close to your boat, hold E on the animal and choose the one that says something like "load onto Sloop".... I mean it works with horses, chickens, giraffes and bears... I'd assume it works with elephants too..?  Or am I wrong and they simply don't have the option in their radial menu?

This was an old thread, btw. You dissappeared elephant might still be on the boat, just invisible. Check the count of creatures on board to be sure.
If it truly isn't on board it likely flew off to the top of the world. In the cases were you can see a direction to the 'flight', there is a good chance you will find the animal at the edge of the quadrant in that direction ... floating in the water.
But from you statement I guess you did not see it fly off ...

couple things,

dont load your animal...  if they have weight on them they will vanish, and sometimes die...

instead put them on follow and they will get on your boat 

if you animal disappears run around your boat punching the air... sometimes... (50/50) it will pop back in to  existence

A couple things:

- If your server is based on Linux, crews and tames on follow will disappear when disembarking. It's happening 100% of the time on our server.

- If your server is on Windows, it may happen sometimes when disembarking

- For both, they may glitch and die when you order to ship using the wheel

I will post a link to a thread discussing this below, but here is what works:

- For embarking, have the crew/tame stay on shore not following you. From the ship, look at them with your spyglass and order to follow. They will come over to the ship and board.

- For disembarking, for tames ride them off. For crew or tames without a saddle, have a platform that extends out from the ship and walk them on it, make sure they are on Low or Lowest follow distance and have them follow you off the platform

Edited by Andargor