Sign in to follow this  
Daesig

suggestion Skills with exp

Maybe add skills like woodcutting / mining / sailing. You gain exp while doing this task and become slightly better at it.

just saw that there is a suggestion section now, can't delete post though. My bad.

Edited by Daesig

This would be a skill through use system like many sandbox games have or have had. SWG was noteworthy for this. Not sure how it might work alongside a skill point per level system, but can't hurt to suggest. Are you aware there are already skills that can buff those things through the current system? Even non tool hand harvesting?

28 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

This would be a skill through use system like many sandbox games have or have had. SWG was noteworthy for this. Not sure how it might work alongside a skill point per level system, but can't hurt to suggest. Are you aware there are already skills that can buff those things through the current system? Even non tool hand harvesting?

The hand harvesting is one of the worst skills i've seen :(. Who even farms by hand?!

Uhhh, yeah, not me, that's for sure. Was just saying it's out there, not that it's a good idea. Would love to get my hands on an elephant for wood, but not a beastmaster and can't spare the points.

8 minutes ago, Daesig said:

The hand harvesting is one of the worst skills i've seen :(. Who even farms by hand?!

It works with tools, bug or not, it works so use it while it works.

Just now, Nightstrasza said:

i literally just tested it. No increase.

8 minutes ago, Daesig said:

Fun fact... cotton was harvested by hand until the 1890s.  And Tobacco is still harvested by hand in some places.

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

oooo good to know, excellent tip, thanks muchly!

Just now, Daesig said:

i literally just tested it. No increase.

Bah!

It does... but ok. Having an increase from a tree from 25-30 to 35-50 per tree with this +60% harvest, same goes to other resources.

Just now, Hodo said:

Fun fact... cotton was harvested by hand until the 1890s.  And Tobacco is still harvested by hand in some places.

Fun further fact: The american civil war would likely have never happened without Eli Whitney's invention of the cotton gin. The gin made growing cotton on a large scale profitable and made slave labor economically viable.  Some southerners still like to use the red herring of claiming the war was about states rights and not slavery, but the reality is a reading of confederate leaders own words reveals the main state right they were concerned about was the right to keep slavery legal.

Disclaimer: I'm a native North Carolinian and proud of it, so don't call me a carpetbagger.

2 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

It does... but ok. Having an increase from a tree from 25-30 to 35-50 per tree with this +60% harvest, same goes to other resources.

hmmm , maybe testing it on 2-3 per hit flint was a bad test then. Did you test it per hit? I feel like some trees have random hp

1 minute ago, Daesig said:

hmmm , maybe testing it on 2-3 per hit flint was a bad test then. Did you test it per hit? I feel like some trees have random hp

Bigger trees have more hp, same goes for rocks, also animals with higher lvl give more.